Guest viewing is limited

THR Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side

@Bone-obo

I see what you did there. I guess for me hiking, climbing and kayaking or canoeing, are the kind of sports I would like, the rest not so much. Golf :D... no!

Unfortunately I hate swimming and I can't bike, sooooo, hihi

I really like your list though. And I guess the first thing on my list is go back to hiking, I really miss it! Though I haven't been much since moving to the bay area and before that hiking in the PNW was one of the most beautiful things ever.

(Nobody answer that.)

:spin:
 
Hey Eve,
You just crossed my mind. Wondering how you're doing?
Please leave us an update, we'd love to hear.
Wishing you a great finish to the week!
@eve2
 
Hey @Layla

Thank you so much for checking in. Where did the time go? I guess I have been busy... walking! It's so good to be able to move again.
I guess where I am at now is that I feel mostly fine. I took Peter Titus on a trip last weekend. First trip, first time on a plane! It was a short flight - 2 hours - but THIS type of seat, didn't agree with Peter. Nothing too bad, but I felt slight pain and I would just stand up and bend my legs.
Once we arrived we met our friends and we walked and walked and walked. I walked a total of 4.8 miles in one day, scattered through the day, but boy did I feel tired and a little bit of pain at the end of the day.
That was the weekend before last. Since then I have been feeling a bit tired in general, so I am taking it easy.

I haven't been icing, I think I should go back to it since I am not taking any meds. I still go to PT, I feel much stronger from all the core exercises, I currently also do 10 min of rowing :yikes: without dying, so I guess that's good.

Other than that I have been on the job hunt. It's all entry level photography jobs, that are always tied to another task like sales etc... I am a but anxious and worried, since all these jobs require standing for longer periods and lifting heavy equipment.
We will see how it goes. I will keep you posted.

I miss everybody!
 
:wave:Good luck on your job hunt.
Good to hear from you.:friends:
 
So nice to hear from you, Eve.
It's great you're doing so well. I would recommend going back to icing while you're sore.
Also take it easy until you're feeling more energized.
Best of luck in your job search. Stay in touch and thanks for the update!
@eve2
 
@Layla @Mojo333

Thank you so much! In an unexpected (or is it?) turn of events I am in pain again. This last week I have been walking and walking, everywhere, every day. Friday I had friends over for dinner and while doing my errands before cooking, I felt pain while walking. A pain I am familiar with. Anyway I go back home, take Advil and the rest of the day goes well. Come the weekend and I say: Time to spend a weekend icing on the couch.
I do that and I take it easy. BUT I wake up the night of Sunday with a huge pain in my right butt cheek :yikes:
It's quite bad and I can't really walk. So I go back to bed and I start icing my butt. I was in bed for the first half of the day. Then when I started to get up, the pain in my butt went away and I was relieved.
I have to say I got a bit worried there for a second. I feel like I am going through a stupid set back and I am not sure what to do.
Problem is I have interviews lined up and things planned. :sigh:
Today sitting at my desk uncomfortable, so I took a break with ice on the couch.

I'll see how things develop.
Love
eve
 
Man! Pain in the butt is no fun! Can you tell if the pain is joint or muscle? After your previous description of all the exercise you've been getting, I was thinking this might be some annoying ODIC soft-tissue nonsense that'll respond to the couch time you're wisely giving it - I'm hoping it's good ol' DOMS, and nothing pulled or strained, cuz those suck. Do you have a few days before your interviews start? (And good luck with the job search!!!)
 
Can you tell if the pain is joint or muscle?
It was def joint, firt time to feel pain in the back of the joint like this. Each time my foot touched the floor there was a sharp pain right in the butt. It's gone now, but I am really worried.

I have an interview tomorrow so today I am spending the day doing nothing, preparing and icing. I have been taking 400mg of Advil for the past 2 days on the chance this is all some kind of inflammation.

@Mojo333 I thought as much, but not quite, so the pain was there, but nothing shooting down the leg, it was very localized and now I just feel general pain in the join.
In this past week I barely did my PT exercises, that are really gentle, I guess it's just the walking walking walking, I had missed walking so much!

I guess I'll keep resting and will do the stretched, thank you for the tip.
 
I had a pain in my butt too...the stretches done gently and slowly did really help...though felt awkward!
Do take it easy though...three months is prime time to overdo...don't know we overdid until we done did:sorry:

Wishing all eases very soon.
 
Last edited:
@Bone-obo @Mojo333

I GOT THE JOB!
and now I am worried this will be too much :( owieeeee. I will be shooting in a studio. People, animals, products, basically anything that walks through the studio door.
I start training on Mondy :dubious:
Am I happy I spent last weekend on the couch icing. I have been also taking it easy since the beginning of the week.
I feel better, the pain in my butt hasn't -yet- returned. The general pain in my hip is only very minimal. I am taking it slow and will just ice ice baby ice anytime I am on the couch.

I will also try to do as little as possible till Monday.
eeeeeeeeeeek

Thank you for checking in

Unrelated question: I downloaded the app so that I can more in touch with everybody, but the app keeps shutting down. Is this a thing? Or is this temporary?
 
Woohoo! Good for you! Congrats on your new job :yay:
I sure hope it's not too much for you. Take it easy over the weekend, as you suggested and hopefully you'll handle it well.
I hope your night is peaceful and the rest of the week relaxing.

Please stay in touch and let us know how your recovery is progressing, and how the new job is going.
Hugs to you :friends:
@eve2
 
:happydance:Congratulations! Yes, go ahead and get all the rest time in you can!
The app had it's issues...hopefully it will get worked out.:unsure:
I get on through my browser on my Android...
 
AWESOME! Happy dance! All the congrats to you, Eve - you're gonna be great!! I think you'll be fine - you'll probably spend a lot of time on your feet, but your absolute mileage will be low, and surely there'll be down time when you can sit and rebuild your hit points. I'm betting/hoping your recent episode was a fluke.

As for the app, I agree with Mojo: it's easier to use your browser.
 
@Layla @Mojo333 @Bone-obo

Thank you, thank you.
Actually I just sent an email and took my yes back. I chickened out. There were a couple of other concerns I had, but the main one was my hip. I KNOW that once I start I WILL push myself to do that best I can. I had this situation before. Working in a studio means season is coming up, so in a month, things will be crazy. And since the hopefully fluke of last week, I am worried also not 100% like before.
I still have discomfort etc.

I am really sad but in my heart I know it was the right call. I should have waited a bit before applying to jobs. I will keep doing my projects from home, maybe even get more proactive selling prints of my work. Get better and stronger, then go out and do this.

@Bone-obo I know you were right, I know it was mainly about being on my feet without moving around too much. I actually found comfort in what you said. But I have been feeling sad for the past 2 days and I just knew it's too early to dive into the crazy world.

I actually told the studio owners I am taking it back for health reasons, I don't know if this was stupid or not, but I hate causing anyone that much inconvenience and also I am kind of hoping to get to work with them maybe next year?

Oh well, you live you learn.
Have a good day everybody!
 
I'm sure you made the right call, Eve, based on your current capabilities. But hey, I think this can be a really good thing: once your soreness abates, you can start playing with how much standing and shooting you can do at a time! Take your camera out somewhere, and shoot 'til your memory card screams "stop! I'm stuffed!" Find out where your limits are, how long you can stand before you feel it in your joints. Can you squat or kneel if you need to? Crab around with a moving subject? Does any of this relate to your soreness, or is that just a random, unpredictable black swan? Anyhoo, taking a little more time for yourself gives you time to play, IMHO.

Or you can tell me to get stuffed cuz I don't know what I'm talking about. That sounds pretty good, too! Too many fun choices for you!

Oh! and why not post one of your favorite portfolio shots? You shoot people? Products? Landscapes? Artsy-fartsy stuff? I wanna know!
 
once your soreness abates, you can start playing with how much standing and shooting you can do at a time! Take your camera out somewhere, and shoot 'til your memory card screams "stop! I'm stuffed!" Find out where your limits are, how long you can stand before you feel it in your joints.
Brilliant idea! Find your limits now and know they will continue to improve. It's good to do this without the stress of "needing" to perform.
 
That Bone-obo is a wise one! I'm glad we have him especially because he can relate to your career.
I'm sure you made the right decision for now, Eve. There may also be a better opportunity right around the corner. Tale good care of yourself now and reap the benefits later.
I hope you have a great weekend!
@eve2
 
I honestly think you made the right choice too...
We toughed it through about of things pre-op...we deserve to let ourselves properly!

No regrets, now.
We are taking care of these forever hips, right?

Be happy...3 months out after becoming bionic and you are doing it!:tada:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom