Guest viewing is limited

THR Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side

Can you go back to the surgeon who did your right hip and have a THR?
I will go back to the OS who did my right THR, that's for sure!
I agree with what you say, I am not looking forward to months of recovery, not after what I've been through with my right hip. Oh, well, we'll see :)

Thank you
 
wondering if you've read this article?

Hey Layla, yes I saw it and this is why I am not in any way inclined to do an osteonomy. Also in all honesty, I already have an implant the argument of postponing a THR is if I didn't have one at all. I will need spare parts anyway and maintenance, does it make a difference one or two? No!

Big hug right back at ya :friends:
 
I can do this now:chuckmarch:
Hope it's not necessary...but if it is...you will be Done!:yahoo:
 
I can do this now
I laughed so hard! Indeed you can, and I hope I will be too, I would be able to this on the right side only, so it would look slightly more hilarious than you ;)

I am not really worried, I just need a break from hospitals and doctors etc. So a break then BÄM!
 
I Do get it.
Hope your weekend is sweet.:tada:
 
hey there everybody,

I just wanted to say that I miss you and that I am grateful for all of you.
I am doing well. Leftie is getting more and more jealous of Peter. I am ignoring her, my friend already dubbes her Janet Jackson. I think I'll go with it.

I am sending everybody love and healing vibes
 
What a thoughtful and sweet post, eve.
Thanks for stopping by, it's always nice to hear from you.
Hopefully Lefty / Janet Jackson :heehee: isn't causing you too much pain.
Best wishes for a great rest of the week!
@eve2
 
:hi: good to hear from you.
Don't know exactly what to say about moniker for bad hip:whistle:

Hope today is a good day.:SUNsmile:
 
Hi Eve,
I'm thinking of you as I noticed another member who experienced surgery around the same time as you on the forum this morning.
I hope all is well in your world. Would love to read an update if you stop by.
Wishing you a wonderful holiday season and a happy, healthy 2019!
@eve2
:merry christmas:
 
Yes...please do pop in so you can get your holiday good wishes.
Hope all is well with you.:santa hug:
 
oh my god where did time go?
I feel like I feel in a vortex and am just coming out realizing how I miss everybody here!
how is everybody doing?

I am doing mostly ok. Peter gives me pain every now and then but other than that I am doing well. Nearing one year post op and I am very excited!

My struggle has been and still is to find a way to engage on this forum.
I miss EVERYBODY and I will need to go peak at your threads and see how everyone is doing!

Cheers
 
@eve2 :hi:
Almost One Year!? That can't be right.:)
I'm glad you are doing well...and good to see your update.
A good way to engage is to pop in on the new hippys...
I remember how comforting it was to have those further along let me know that the things I was feeling were normal and that it was all worth it.
Wishing you a good week!:tada:
 
hey you @Mojo333

SO GOOD to hear from you!
Yes, May 30th! Isn't this crazy?

I guess you are right, this forum has helped me so much,
and yeah, getting to hear from people who have been through this before me
is literally the main thing that kept me sane through this whole process!

I'll be popping up and in more from now on!
How have you been?
 
Hey, eve :wave:
Wonderful to hear from you! It's good to know you're doing well.
Please do stop by more often. I hope you're having a beautiful Spring in San Francisco.
Enjoy the rest of the week!
@eve2
 
Doing tremendously well...on the hip front.:)
It will be two years for me May 1, and it seems I have been running like a mad woman this past year!
I can tell you that at one year my hips were still susceptible to tightness and mild aches, especially when extra active.
There was definitely improvement after a year.

I was so happy losing the OA pain, that 80% would have been good with me.
But when I'm achy now, it's because I have been using these hips to walk miles per day...lifting...stretching...
Ever so grateful and glad that even though I have struggles with older parents health or other Life Frustrations...my hips are mostly not The Issue.:yes:
 
I PASSED THE ONE YEAR POST OP WITH FLYING COLORS!

On my 30th I went and had my one year post op checkup and x-ray. And everything went really well. The bone bonded with the implant 100% and the range of motion was good and everything symmetrical.

This has been such an interesting journey! I feel really good now. I wake up everyday and do some exercises to keep those tiny muscles around the hip working and I also started rowing twice a week (more or less) and it feels so good to feel good again.

This forum and everyone on it has been a big part of where I am today. This place gave me endless support and made this journey way more fun and so full of support and amazingness!!!

Love you all!
 
:happydance:So glad for you and I, too, am ever grateful for my new lease on life!
Best wishes for a happy healthy summer and life @eve2 :yahoo:
 
@Mojo333
Thank you so much! Yes indeed it's a new lease on life!
I still catch myself happy with the fact I can just walk without pain.

A Happy summer to you to!

So grateful!
 
So glad you shared your journey with us...:friends:
It is amazing what new opportunities this surgery affords us.:egypdance:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom