THR Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side

Or you can tell me to get stuffed cuz I don't know what I'm talking about. That sounds pretty good, too! Too many fun choices for you!

I won't tell you to get stuffed, since what you said makes perfect sense to me. I jumped the gun too early, just feeling over-excited. Thank you so much for your support. I will go out this week, shoot and see how things are.

All the love to you
 
@Bone-obo

Oh and as for favorite shots, I love shooting everything! But I love working with long exposure. So I do a lot of work by the ocean and I did a series on pain, you know, since I WAS in pain for like 2 years!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side
    Ocean beach (1).jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 262
  • [Bonesmart.org] Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side
    Ocean beach (2).jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 206
  • [Bonesmart.org] Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side
    surfing (1024x684).jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 222
I'm sure you made the right decision for now, Eve.

Thank you, I am sure that I need the experience and the money, but I also know that I am not ready.
Thank you so much for your support!
 
@Mojo333

Thank you, yeah, it felt good for a moment. But it was also a good reminder that I have this thing in me
and I need to take care of my dear Peter Titus.

UGH can't wait to suffer from "forgotten hip"

:curtsey:
 
Beautiful work! I so love the ocean.
Water and sky...simply beautiful.
:tada:
Three months...almost.
4 months was my biggest turn around!
Doing just fine...just don't do anything to screw it up:no-fin:

Hope you have a great week!:)
 
Thank you so much for your support. I will go out this week, shoot and see how things are.
Good on ya. My opinion/hope is that this flair-up is just a Thang, and that you'll be back to tromping around with your camera toot sweet.

I did a series on pain, you know, since I WAS in pain for like 2 years!
Dang, these are gorgeous, Eve! I'd love/hate to see the ones on pain - scary!
 
you'll be back to tromping around with your camera toot sweet.
:dancy:

hihihi thank you! You crack me up :)

Oh the pain ones? Check it out
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side
    Pain_small (1).jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 221
  • [Bonesmart.org] Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side
    Pain_small (2).jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 219
  • [Bonesmart.org] Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side
    Pain_small (3).jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 218
  • [Bonesmart.org] Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side
    Pain_small (4).jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 207
  • [Bonesmart.org] Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side
    Pain_small (5).jpg
    19 KB · Views: 224
  • [Bonesmart.org] Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side
    Pain_small (6).jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 212
  • [Bonesmart.org] Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side
    Pain_small (7).jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 222
  • [Bonesmart.org] Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side
    Pain_small (8).jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 212
  • [Bonesmart.org] Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side
    Pain_small (9).jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 198
Yesterday I went out and offered to shoot a fundraiser with an NGO I volunteer with. It went well. I even climbed on bar stools to get shots from above. I feel o.k., not great but o.k.

I am back to icing everyday even it's 30 min right before going to bed. I think it makes a difference. I still hate sitting. I will be flying to Denver tomorrow so I'll have another go at airplane seats, will see how it goes.

Hope all are well
 
@Mojo333 and @eve2, I feel we are lucky to be living in a time when medicine has gotten so great at doing this particular procedure.

In the pre-op class I had to go to, there was an animation of a THR and half of the class burst out in a sound of horror, like "Aughh!!" The physical therapist who come over for my initial assessment at home, and is coming tomorrow to see if I can sign off on my PT for this hip, told me he sat in on an operation and it was "almost like carpentry." I told the surgeon this and he said yeah, kinda. I almost didn't want to look at the new thing in my hip, but I could see he was proud :-) Which he should have been. Clearly my body's OK with it. Mind-blowing really.
 
@EL11 I know, right?

I almost fainted when I watched an animation of how this procedure is done. I found the mandatory material I had to watch pre op from the hospital, was not so precise on how they do it and for a good reason I think.

I still can't get over the fact, that this all happened and that things are going well!
I wish you a smooth recovery journey...

:curtsey:
 
Same to you, Eve!

When I got a call to schedule my pre-op physical, I went, "I DON'T have to go to the class again, right???" and of course I don't.

Speaking of physicals, my blood pressure had been high for some time but every since I was released from the hospital it has been perfect. I don't know if this is a "fake" stabilization from the oxycodone I take at night, or if it was getting jacked up from the chronic burning feeling in both hips and my being anxious about it all the time.
 
hey there @EL11

will you get this blood pressure checked? How are you feeling now?
I am wishing you a relaxed and restful weekend.

:hugzz:
 
Yes, I have my pre-op physical next week and they'll be checking it n the hospital too :)

Same to you!
 
Hey there @eve2
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope all is going well. Drop us an update, if you have time.
Would love to hear of your progress.
Wishing you a great week!
 
Hey @Layla :happydance::yay::friends::spin:

How are you? Thank you so much for you wishes! YES 4 months, 2 weeks ago. I have been meaning to come and update you. It's been crazy, it's been good.

I am feeling much much better. I already had a few very full days with work and other things and at the end of each of those days I was dead, because am not fit BUT I wasn't really in pain.
I move and sit and carry things now like a boss.

Last Friday my PT checked my strength and ROM and both were much better on my right hip. Stupid news is, that the left hip is slowly and surely starting to bother me. My ROM and strength are without a doubt worse than before. My PT suggested I should consider doing an osteonomy on my left side and preserve the hip for hopefully another 15 years before needing a THR but I am not sure what to do. I will be seeing a doctor who does osteonomies, just to consult and I will consult with my OS when I see him for me one year post op and we'll see. I hope until then it stays under control. Now that my right hip is doing so well I am noticing a big difference in the performance.

All in all I feel great and grateful and I still can't believe I am not in pain anymore and that I can dance!
How have you been?
 
:wave:its @eve2 !!!!
Oh, I'm so happy you are doing so well. You will see improvement now that the tough stuff is through for up to a year. I had mine May 2017 and I'm ever so grateful for this surgery too.
ooooh...hope Lefty isnt getting jealous:sigh:

All in all I feel great and grateful and I still can't believe I am not in pain anymore and that I can dance!
So happy for you.:happyfeet:
 
My PT suggested I should consider doing an osteonomy on my left side and preserve the hip for hopefully another 15 years before needing a THR but I am not sure what to do.
If it were me I would not listen to this PT. They know nothing about the surgery side of this journey. You don't need to "preserve" a bad hip nor do you want a more complex recovery. Can you go back to the surgeon who did your right hip and have a THR?
 
Hi @eve2 It's so nice to hear from you.
I'm doing well, thanks for asking.
You sound great with the exception of your other hip bothering you, I'm sorry to hear it.
It is an all too familiar story. I can understand wanting to hold off on another THR based on your age but wondering if you've read this article?
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/hips-that-have-lasted-32-40-41-and-45-years.13853/
It sounds like you've jumped back into work and life. Great news. I'm sure you will tire easily for awhile longer. Rest and sleep when you're able. You're on your way, sweetie! :happydance:
Big hugs to you.
 
Well! I should have known when you vanished that you were dashing around like a common paparazzi, clambering onto stools, snapping away like the camera fiend you are! So happy to hear you're doing well - although not so happy to hear left hip is being a buzz kill. Sounds like you need a bigger menu of options for now.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom