THR EmEm starting the road to recovery

Hi @EmEm
We understand. But you are really progressing nicely. Lots of positives!
There are curves and bumps in the road. We've all experienced them.
Overall it sounds like you're doing great. I love your posts and hope you continue to
update us. It's great to watch your progress.
Best wishes for a relaxing weekend!
 
This is certainly a roller coaster of a ride, up, downs, ins and outs?... sometime I feel like a rag doll!!
You are doing fabulously, just hope that you are sleeping better in your pillow fort!
Great that you are able to go back to work from home so you can do the hours that suit you and for you to take a well earned break when needed.
Have a wonderful Sunday :flwrysmile:
 
Hmmm. Don't understand it about sleeping on your back. I'm allowed to sleep on my side using a pillow between my legs, which works OK. I also sleep on my back some.
 
@marita my surgeon has told me I must sleep on my back the first six weeks. Different surgeons have different rules it seems. It’s something I’m really struggling with!
@EmEm I think you’re doing brilliantly :)
I had no idea what a roller coaster it would be!
I’ve had a great weekend. A very short walk around a market yesterday morning and breakfast out. Then today we’ve been to the neighbours 3rd birthday party and to sister in laws for tea. I’ve done little walks about and no crutch today.
 
Good news...Em.
Glad you are keeping it real with the posting...the good, and the hiccups.
Realistic expectations are important for others to know about.
All temporary - I say to myself all the time.
Hope your day is grand.
 
I learnt a valuable lesson yesterday because I peeped through the door of the ODIC (Over Did It Club) having done a bit too much on Monday. I followed the surgeon's instructions to not sit for too long at one time whilst working but in between work sessions I vacuumed and mopped 3 floors and did some laundry. I have strict instructions from OH to only work and rest today. I'm persevering with sleeping on my side and decided like everything else it needs practice.

Six weeks have flown by since the surgery. Another six and Christmas will have already happened! By then @Welshgirl @Gretel @weezie we should be well on the way to a complete recovery. Definitely something to celebrate!
 
I think we have all done it. Hard not to...as it seems it's only obvious when we stop!
Glad you are taking it easy.
 
Goodness me EmEm no wonder you visited the ODIC!!! i still haven't vacuumed or mopped yet... holding out as long as I can for not doing those chores!!!
Really hope you are able to rest as much as possible today inbetween work! :flwrysmile:
 
7 week update. No more vacuuming or mopping! I am working but only in 3 x 40 minute sessions per day timed on my phone because I found sitting too long made the back of my leg ache. I have driven and found it better than the first try but getting in and out of the car on the driver's side is more painful. I'm gradually increasing the distance I walk and have included some slightly hill roads too.

I have mastered side sleeping on the unoperated side and am practising on the other but not when I'm tired. I found it is better to spend 5 minutes on that side when I wake up but it still feels like a very bumpy surface.

I received a copy of the letter the OS sent to my GP. It sounded like a school report but without the grade at the end! It's the first time that I have seen exactly what my implant is - an Exeter cemented stem, Trident uncemented socket with a ceramic-on-polythene bearing.

The phone has bleeped so time to 'move away from the desk'.

To our US friends - Happy Thanksgiving!
 
Happy you are getting there. It is a slow road sometimes, but we get there.
It does feel odd sleeping on operated hips...like you said...bumpy.
Hope your week is peaceful and lovely.
 
Mopping and vacuuming are over rated lol! I managed to lie on one side for long enough to fall asleep last night. Unfortunately I woke in pain and it’s been sore all day. Shan’t try that again for a while.
 
Hi EmEm,
I'll bet the OS's report was interesting. I'd like to get a copy of mine and read it.
Is it a total play by play, or just generally boring?
Sleeping on your side will come. I'm guessing....but I think it took me 3 months to do so. I was afraid for some silly reason. I now fall asleep on the surgical side every night. Guess I got over my fear!
Hope you have a nice rest of the week.
@EmEm
 
EmEm happy 7 weeks anniversary :0)
Sounds as though you are doing great and managing work so well.
It's understanding what we can and can't do is the key.
As @Gretel said... I wonder were we will be in another 7weeks!
Have a wonderful day, we will be celebrating thanksgiving as my hubby is American and it's also his birthday, double celebrations
:flwrysmile:
 
@Layla, surgeon's report was brief - surgery uneventful, description of implant, incision healed well, making good progress, already walking unaided, cleared for phased return to work, cleared to drive, cleared to swim.
No gruesome detail in the report but I'm very happy to have had uneventful surgery!
 
Yay for uneventful.
Hope things keep going well.
 
I will happily take “uneventful” in my 6 week OS appointment next week, congrats on your report and being cleared!
 
Happy hippy 2 months! :loveshwr::spin::dancy:
Hope you are feeling fabulous
 
Hi @EmEm
It's over two months already for the Fab Four.
You've all come so far. We've loved following your journeys.
May it only continue to get better.
Wishing you a great rest of the week!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom