THR EmEm starting the road to recovery

:hi: I too am so grateful for the surgery that gave me my life back.
Happy Anniversary for hip and next week for you and Dear Husband.
Stay healthy and happy, friend !:yahoo:
 
Hi EmEm,
Stopping by to say :hi: and see how you're doing these days. I hope all is well.
Want to wish you a lovely holiday season and a happy, healthy New Year!
@EmEm
:merry christmas:
 
Merry Christmas @Layla, thank you for stopping by. All is good here apart from the cold weather affecting my finger and wrist joints. I was the mad woman in the supermarket yesterday wearing padded gloves to do the shopping! My hip causes no problems and I continue to walk everywhere I can.
Like last year, we are looking forward to our son being here for Christmas as we haven’t seen him since September. I hope all is well with you too.
 
@EmEm check out silver gloves for Raynaud's syndrome on the internet. They are very light weight gloves that hold in the heat. I have a pair in every coat pocket as I do suffer from Raynaud's. But they would keep fingers and wrists warm in this horrid weather.
 
@Jaycey, thank you for the suggestion - I have just ordered a pair! I had finger surgery in July to remove a cyst on a joint and since then have developed surgery induced Reynaud's.
 
since then have developed surgery induced Reynaud's.
Bummer! This is such a literal pain. I wear silver socks as well. This time of year I am always trying to avoid cold hands and feet. Stay warm!
 
A two year update. I have continued to walk everywhere I can and can forget about my hip completely. I was told I was a good advert for hip replacement as I climbed up past other Lake District walkers this autumn.

Unfortunately my left hand deteriorated enough to require more surgery and I am now visiting the "Other Joints' area here! Hand surgery has its own frustrations - I can't use my left hand much and my thumb is completely out of action. In some ways the hip was easier.

@Layla @Mojo333, I see you are still giving amazing support to all the 'hippies'. I wonder how the rest of the 2017 Fab Four are doing? @Gretel @Welshgirl @weezie
 
:wave:@EmEm
So good of you to give a shout out on the hip side. :happydance:
Good hips are the bomb.:yahoo:
Sorry about your poor hand.
Will be sending healing vibes your way and checking in on you.
 
Hi EmEm! So nice to see this. I don't know how I missed your post but I did. I thought of you four around your second anniversary date because it's close to a special day of the year in my life, making it easy to remember.
I'm sorry to hear about your hand. I'll have to hunt up your other thread and catch up.

I would love to hear from Gretel and Welshgirl! Well, Weezie also, but unlikely as she seemed to drop off quickly.

It was certainly nice to read your update. I hope your hip is strong and serving you well. Take care....all the best to you!
@EmEm
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom