THR EmEm starting the road to recovery

Hi again @EmEm
It's wonderful to hear your recovery is going well.
Its nice when the new hip isn't always in the forefront of our mind. Makes one feel as though they're truly moving forward.

I'm sorry to hear of the pain you're suffering with your wrist and your concern over a solution,
Update us, if you don't mind sharing, once you meet with your GP at the end of the month.
Hopefully Spring arrives early, winter is getting old. For you, it will really be welcome if it eases your pain.
Hope you find relief soon.
 
It IS a journey...this recovery mess.
Sorry for your wrist problems...aaargh!
Hope today is a Good Day !
 
Hi @EmEm
Thinking of the Fab Four on the 4th.
Hoping you're all doing well!
Sending a hug and warm wishes for a great Spring and Summer!
Happy 5 month anniversary!
 
Glad you’re going so well. Hasn’t that five months gone by quickly? Though I must say it dragged at the beginning!
Sorry about your wrist!
 
Hi @Layla and @Gretel, I was going to update my thread today and found you both here already!
The past month has made a big difference because I have felt what seemed like obstacles in the past year now seem like possibilities. I think the change in seasons helped, I love my garden and had managed to be outside for some short sessions of gardening until we had snow last week, thankfully now gone. Like @Jackie222 and her son, I have also had a trip to London with all that entails - trains, walking, steps, escalators etc and then a 2 hour theatre production. I was tired next day but not in pain so sent up silent thanks for the technology and expertise that had got me to that point.
I'm looking forward to a trip to Cornwall (the bit of England that sticks out bottom left on a map) on Friday for a few days. It will be the furthest I have been in a car (about 5 hours) but we always have a couple of stops on the way and I know the hotel has very comfy beds!
Thanks to everyone for the support that has helped my recovery. I hope @Welshgirl and @weezie are doing well too.
 
Glad you had a lovely time in London. With the weather picking up you should have a wonderful time in Cornwall. Such a beautiful part of the country.
 
Love starting my day with this update, EmEm.
Easing back into life and the things you love.
Gardening, trips to London involving trains, walking, steps, escalators
and you're doing it! Yay for you, EmEm! :yay:
Hope your week is great as you continue on your healing journey.
@EmEm
 
EmEm so good to hear you are doing so well and enjoying life without the pain :0) it will be a wonderful summer of gardening to look forward to that is if the uk will have much of a summer ;0) enjoy Cornwall such a beautiful part of the world. I’m doing really well and certainly enjoying having my active life back xxx
 
So glad you’re enjoying life again :hi:
 
Happy 6 month anniversary @Gretel @weezie @Welshgirl! I have just read all of my thread, pre-op and post-op and think I have been very fortunate to have a relatively easy recovery. There is very little I can't do apart from getting a sock on easily but even that's getting better. My marker of recovery was always climbing stairs and I don't think about it now. I have been busy in my garden, have done some much-needed house decluttering and can walk anywhere I want to. We really enjoyed our trip to Cornwall and did a walk that previously (November 2016) had me in agony. This time, despite the rain, we had a lovely walk and celebrated with a family lunch overlooking the sea. Three weeks today our son returns to the UK for 2 weeks and I hope he will see a difference in me. I may even be able to keep up with him if we go for a walk! Before that OH and I have a European road trip planned to look forward to.

The only cloud on the horizon is my right wrist. It is following the same pattern of deterioration that my left did before I had it fused. I saw the same hand surgeon last week and he feels anything that could be done to slow the OA would be valuable. I am having a wrist arthrogram (MRI with dye) on Friday and the plan is to then have an image-guided steroid injection at a later date. I am very grateful that I have private insurance because this probably wouldn't be considered under the NHS.

Without the technology or surgical expertise, both wrist and hip would have made my life unbearable. I'm grateful to all those who have made such surgeries possible. I'm also very grateful to all of you who have been supportive since my first post almost a year ago.
 
@EmEm Sounds like your THR recovery is going very well.

Hope you have good results with wrist arthrogram. Please keep us updated! We do have an area for Other Joints where you can start a thread about your wrist.
 
Happy 6 months! So glad you’re so well. A shame about your wrist. I hope you can get some relief for it.
 
@Jaycey, thank you. I have already posted on the Other Joints area where @lennie has just had her wrist fused.
 
Happy Six Month Anniversary!
What a great update @EmEm with the exception of your right wrist. I'm so sorry you're struggling with that.
I wish you well with the MRI on Friday and hope the future injection brings you relief.
I agree that we are blessed to be living in an era where we have a solution to the problem causing our pain and physical limitations. Hard to imagine life without THR.

I wish you well as you move forward. Please stay in touch, it's so nice to read your updates.
It will be difficult to ever forget the Fab Four. A great rest of the week to you!
 
Great up date (apart from your wrist!) hopefully you will be able to get that sorted soon. Love to hear you are enjoying life again without the hip pain. So much to look forward to with your trips and of course having your son home for a visit, I’m sure he will se a huge difference! Have a fantastic weekend
:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
Happy 6 month hipversary!
Best of luck with wrist...hope today is a Good Day:SUNsmile:
 
Greetings from Switzerland! We are here for 10 days and I’m enjoying all the varied exercise that we have been doing and celebrated my 8 month anniversary on Monday. We have averaged 6 miles walking a day and one day my phone told me I had done 30 flights of stairs. That was uphill walking and then lots of steps to the top of a waterfall. This time last year I wouldn’t have managed any of this. We have one more day and then a 2-day journey back to the U.K. This is the furthest we have driven in Europe and now the possibilities are endless!
 
:yes!:Isn't it grand.
Yay, so glad you posted.
All the best to life with no hip pain:ok:
 
Hi EmEm,
How wonderful...a trip to Switzerland and your hips held out.
Something you would have struggled with before, or skipped entirely.
Time is moving quickly, it's hard to believe the Fab Four are coming up on nine
months already!

I'm sorry to learn you're struggling with other issues in your finger and wrists.
Best wishes with the upcoming surgery on your finger and an early Happy Birthday!
Please stay in touch.
@EmEm
 
Someone just had a birthday the other day...
Happy Belated Birthday! @EmEm
I see you're having surgery on your finger on Tuesday.
Will be thinking of you and am wishing you the best.
Hope your weekend is peaceful.
 
Back
Top Bottom