Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Oh now I dont really do scare thing more guffaw. Im ok thanks havea great weekend and good rest after it as im sure you will need it

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Ellejay

Oh you're going to have such a fabulous weekend x that's just wonderful x how exciting having family over. Esp grandson. Being involved in the village community sounds such fun. This is the trouble with big cities there's not a lot around. I live on a main road too so I only know a few of the neighbours.

The one old man has offered to take me to Birmingham Botanical Gardens while he does his Bonsai club. I get free admission for going as his partner. I said when the weather improves I might take him up on that x x x he also offered me the chance to join in with the local Tai Chi club, held in the Country Park next door. I've not got the balance yet but I will probably join that. I think there must be stuff locally but you have to know the right people x.

Well have a fabulous weekend with your family. I will look forward to reading how it all goes.

((((Big hugs))))) love Ann x x x x
 
Hi Lyn, thank goodness I took your advise and took a zip bag of ice with me but not for the intended reasons, we went to Jamies Italian in Canary Wharf for a meal beforehand but on the drive to the O2 I did not feel 100% but did not say anything to Ron, Ennio had just come on stage, the lights went down and the orchestra had played about 5 notes when I came over hot and clammy, I put some of the ice on me temple and wrist because I felt at though I was going to pass out then all of a sudden I was sick INTO THE ICE BAG, when I had finished chucking up I though I would never make it to the toilets as we had seats on floor level the toilets were up a very steep 20 or so steps, we were about 5 rows from the stage but thankfully I was on the end of an isle so I went to attempt to get to the toilets and a security person directed me to some on the floor level, without going into too finer detail, I then had to shoot into the toilet for something that the zip bag would no would not have coped with!!!! I then went back to my seat and thankfully felt ok for the rest of the evening, could you imagine how embarrassed I would have been it I did not have the bag of ice with me, so I could kiss you for suggesting it. My knee was ok on the journey, I drove, a little stiff but not painful, but did not have a great nights sleep as it woke me up about 2.0am.

Glad your dad is out of hospital, hope you enjoyed your film and take it easy over the weekend.
Sue xx
 
Omg sue thats errrrrrr. Hope you are ok now. Somehow im glad I hv ma wee dram neat

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Yes feel fine today Legin but it could have been a whole lot worse, I have a good constitution and don't usually part with any food I've eaten especially having just paid for it!!
 
Oh no Sue, poor you, that's dreadful. I'm glad you had the ice bag with you but I certainly didn't intend to be put to THAT use. The fact you were ill so quickly would indicate food poisoning, did your husband have something different to you? I'm glad you were still able to enjoy the rest of the concert. Xx
 
I didn't see The Imitation Game today - silly me - that's next week! Today was The Theory of Everything, the story of Steven Hawking's life. It was really gruelling, I came out in tears and said to my friend I wouldn't complain about my knee again. A truly amazing man, I'm glad I saw the film, it was fantastic.
Dad eventually returned to his care home at 6.30 this evening, I was told they were discharging him this morning, it took all day for hospital transport to pick him up, so that was a bed that someone else could have used all day! I can't fault the ward staff, they have all been so wonderful, and really caring. I do admit, I really didn't think he would come out, but incredibly he has bounced back, not bad for 91.
 
We did eat different things but he finished my meal, I think it was a bug because being sick was not my only problem if you get my drift, if was food poising I don't think it would have got through my system so quickly.
I think Steven Hawkins is an incredible person, hope the film did him justice.
I'm going to visit my friend in Norfolk tomorrow, another friend is driving and collecting another on the way. I'm taking Ron to Gatwick early sunday morning, he is off to Orlando for a week (working) then we both go on 8 March for three weeks, I will spend some time with my friend who lives in Jacksonville and some time in Orlando with Ron, just hope I can survive the 8 hour flight, it's only four and a half weeks away so hope I show some improvement in my knee by then.
You must be so excited about your exciting weekend plans, get everyone to wait on you
 
Hi @Ellejay

That film about Stephen Hawking sounds amazing. I admire him. He fascinates me.

Lyn, I'm so happy that your dad has bounced back into health again. It's lovely that he's made such a good recovery. He will hopefully enjoy all the attention from your family xxx

My dad goes in on Monday for his hernia op. I so hope he gets on ok. My daughters dropping them off at the hospital. Moms going to stay at the hospital with him x

Love Ann xxx
 
@suedobie I'm so sorry to read that your night out was marred by sickness etcetera. Poor you x

I do hope that your trip to Norfolk goes well tomorrow. It's lovely to get out and about.

I'm really pleased to read you're going to Orlando in March. How wonderful xxx

I know this post is short. My meds have kicked in and I'm feeling a bit yukky tonight with them.
love Ann xxx
 
Ann I'm sure your Dad will be fine, and so much better for the op. Both my husband and son have had to have hernia operations, obviously a family weakness, but they were fine a couple of weeks afterwards. I'll be thinking of you as I'm sure you will still worry.
I'm off to bed now, I tried returning to the main bedroom, with my husband last night, but an hour after turning the lights out neither of us had managed to sleep. I needed to move my knee, but didn't want to disturb him, he was worried about moving and bumping into my knee - what a pair! So I took my knee pillow and trotted back to the spare room. We had hoped the kids could use it for the weekend, but no. So my husbands off to the caravan in the back garden again, he will be warm, with a shower and toilet, TV should he want it. He is quite happy, but I'd like to get back to my proper bed sometime soon!
Night night everyone xx
 
It is sooo difficult for us and partners. My wife was the same v worried about hitting opperated leg I just said ok swap sides and anyway you clobber me all the time in your sleep I hqve woken many times to an ow and usually have no cover anyway.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Now Lyn make sure you dont do toooo much. Errr hang on ok mr wall hope you are listening well walls have ears as they say

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Ellejay I've slept in the spare room for a month now......I drag all my pillows, bed cradle (keeps the duvet off my leg and bruised foot), glass of water, pills, notebook (so I know what pills I took and what time) reading book, tablet, phone, chargers, etc etc from main bedroom (which is my base durung the day) to spare bedroom about 10.30pm to settle down and read a book and eventually try and sleep (Ha!) leaving my partner to catch up on the football and shout at the telly in peace.....works for us. (Turning over with a pillow between your legs is difficult enough without trying not to disturb your other half!)
 
Hi Lyn

Well I had a shock. I woke up this morning he was in bed, right on the edge of his side next to me. Gosh I jumped.

Anyway I got up made him a cup of tea and took it up to him. He seems calmer today and said although he still felt off he was better sleeping in the bed. I left him to it. He dropped back off for a bit longer and got up.

Anyway have a fab weekend with your family. I'm so pleased for you x x x

Love Ann x x x
 
We are all different aren't we? I've slept in our normal bed since coming home and although husband had some disturbed nights at first he seems to have coped ok with my tossing and turning and occasional wanders around to stretch my leg out. He could have slept downstairs in the spare room, as could I ,but we decided to try normal arrangements from the start and it worked for us. He only sleeps in bursts anyway so probably that was why he didn't find it too bad. I have had my knee knocked now and again but nothing to hurt it.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom