TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

@SuperSnapper, you did make me smile,thank you. Perhaps I just felt that second time around I'd be the expert and sail through it, I don't know, but I know I'm very fed up this time. Maybe it's just going through it all again so soon, I just want to get my real life back again.
@TexasTee - shower and laundry....I'm sure I should be telling you off :heehee:, but I won't. I have a good selection of kitchen tea towels that fit round my knee underneath my ice cuff, I've treated the kitchen to some new ones.
Enjoy your afternoon xxx
 
Hi Lyn, sounds as though you are having a bad time at the moment what with your abandoned trip to see your grandson and your knee, truth is I'm a bit relieved to read recovery expectations are a bit off the mark as I still feel I have made no progress during the last few weeks, I did not go to my group PT last week but don't think my ROM is any better than 95,although I am still walking the dogs twice a day for about 30 mins each time, I had anticipated that I would be able to increase it by a few min each week, but feel I will not be able to do more for quite some time.

I have been to work the last three days and it has been ok but by the time I have cooked and eaten dinner I have to dash back to the setter to ice/elevate as it becomes very tight and sore to the touch to the right of my knee cap, good excuse not to clean the kitchen, by morning it is ok again so guess I too am overdoing it. We are going to see Ennio Morricone at the O2 tomorrow night so I hope I can sit comfortably through it.

Patience is such a hard thing to learn, if in deed you ever do

Sue xx
 
@suedobie
Hello Sue, I've been thinking of you sitting at work, and hoping that all went well for you. At least you get a break now. Can I suggest you take some ice with you tomorrow night, after last week I now don't go out without it.
The PT I saw today said that she has noticed that her clients often have an improvement jump at 8 weeks, and again at 10 weeks, but before 12 weeks often have setbacks. I don't know whether she was just being kind, I've had the setback, so I'm now waiting for the improvement - you too by the sounds of things. I will try going for a short walk tomorrow to see how I get on.
I do hope that you enjoy your concert tomorrow evening, do let me know all about it.
Lyn xxx
 
Mmmmmmm, looking at the snow out of the window no short walk for me today. I do need to get to the hospital to see Dad, they tell me he has developed shingles now and have isolated him. Poor man, how much more can his body take? He doesn't really know where he is, he is so confused and sleeps most of the time. It is a 35 mile return trip and the other day he didn't wake up at all, but what can I do, I have to go. Luckily my daughter wants to come with me, so at least I will have someone to talk to.
 
Your poor Dad. Shingles is awful. Perhaps that's why he was so sleepy the other day.
I hope your trip is better today and he sees you and your knee doesn't ache too much.
I wish this icy weather would just go! Enough now!
Take care.
 
Good morning @SuperSnapper, do you have deep snow up there? Our roads are clear already, but the garden still looks pretty. Take care if you go out, no falling on your new knee xx
 
@Ellejay No. We haven't got snow today but it's still on the hills from last week and the paths can be icy. I went for a walk at Bolton Abbey yesterday to meet my walking group half way round their walk and the paths were icy. There I was striding out fearlessly with two walking poles but I have to admit that I kept to the edges of the path that were a bit more uneven and where the ice was not so bad. Actually, I lied about the fearlessly bit :heehee:. More of a creep along at times but it was lovely out in the fresh air and we went for lunch after. It felt good to be independent and doing something on my own for about an hour. I saw a jay, lots of blue tits and a nut hatch. Great fun!
Have a peaceful day.
 
Hi Lyn hope your dad is healing. Now are you being good or do I have to build up the LOOK of disapproval. Snaperooo well done you glad you didnt do the fearless bit I often do no hang on its the lacking in thoughts bit. Hence the oooooops and ow

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Ellejay I'm actually finding housework really tiring and it makes me knee ache much more than walking. I suppose it's all that change of angle, position, bending stretching etc. I have to keep having a good sit down, exactly what I'm doing right :gaah:. Early days yet, I suppose. :holysheep:
 
@SuperSnapper I have started to do the cooking, but I don't clear up, I'll fill the washing machine, but I haven't done any ironing so far, and I definitely haven't done any cleaning yet. Any energy I have is far too precious to spend on housework yet :heehee:.
 
I hope you had a nice visit with your Dad and daughter today - and clearly, cleaning up is at the bottom of the energy use list!
 
I love my PT!
This morning I could bend my knee fully, I could go up and down stairs normally and that uncomfortable stiffness had disappeared. Her magic calf massage really did work.
By the time I'd walked round the hospital, stood and talked to the consultant about Dads possible discharge tomorrow (yay!), a trip to the care home to make sure they will accept him back with shingles, (they will) standing to talk to the manager of the home, etc...etc...yes, now my knee is back to where it was. Hopefully elevating and icing this evening will get it back on track again.
 
Excellent news! I'm so glad you are feeling better - just a temporary blip then and you are back on track! Whoop!

Also good news about your dad too.
 
Hey Lyn. Great news on flex...well done you[emoji3] I think that when you have faith in your PT you will do better. You know that they won't hurt you and have your issues foremost. Just don't now gallop off and over do it...you know we are all watching you. Have a great day. Maggie x
 
Congratulations on getting to 95, Lyn! :yes!::yes::happydance:

I'm glad you dad is going to get out of the hospital. I hope he continues to improve.

Yes, it was probably an ODIC day for your knee, but sometimes you just have to do it. Do try and have a few days of rest, to make your knee happier.
 
Thank you all, @Celle, My ROM is110, even better! Yes I will be careful for the next few days,I really don't want to go through that week again, but sometimes there are things we just have to do.
Thanks for your kind messages, @SuperSnapper and @Maggie94 , I promise to behave now. I'm going to the cinema tomorrow afternoon with a friend, we are going to see The Imitation Game. I have booked seats with extra long leg room and I will take my ice pack, so I should be ok.
 
Woohoo @Ellejay

You've had a good day. That is excellent news about your dad. Oh I'm so pleased and relieved for you. Fantastic your knees gone back to normal. ((((((Hugs))))))) xxxxxxx
 
@suedobie
Good morning Sue, how was your concert last night? I hope you enjoyed it, and were comfortable. How did you travel down there? I hope you have a good weekend.
My weekend has suddenly become very busy, hopefully I can rest my knee in between times. Family have suddenly decided that maybe they should visit Dad, so my brother is coming up from Cornwall for the weekend, my sister decided to lay on a family 'do' on Saturday evening (oh, other people can do this, it doesn't have to be me, that's good to know) and last night my son phoned to ask if him and family (& grandson, oh goody :dancy:) could stay so they can join in the family do and also see his Grandad on the Sunday.
We have already agreed to help out at a village social event on Sunday afternoon, so I will really try not to join ODIC, I will sit, ice elevate whenever I can, but I don't want to miss any part of all these activities.
I hope everyone on here is well and has a good weekend.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom