Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Hi Lyn, glad to hear that your Dad is responding to his new meds and your knees are recovering.
I had my first day back at work today, well 5 hours but no prob and the time just flew by, doing the same tues and wed but if I have and problems I will go home.

Enjoy your day with your grandson
xx
 
Pleased to hear about your Dad. I do hope he can go back to his care home soon. He will be better in more familiar surroundings and with people he is used to.

Your knee is not the only one misbehaving. I drove to Ilkley in my manual car today and the clutch did for my knee. When I got there i realised that I couldn't drive back so had to get Mr P to come and swap cars so I could have the automatic. Icing and elevating again and painkillers! it's pants!
Hope your knee is improving? I'm sure mine is just a temporary setback but it is annoying. :bignono::bignono:
I now know that I need a new car :tantrum2:.
 
Hi Sue, I'm sure you will be fine back at work, but just don't sit for too long, learn from my recent experience.
I hope you enjoy being back with people again, I'm sure they will be glad to have you back.
@SuperSnapper, I'm sorry about your driving experience, we just can't rely on these knees at all at the moment can we. They fool us into thinking we're fine, then truly mess with our plans.
My little auto is fairly new to me, we've always had just the one car, a big 4x4 manual, to tow our caravan, but as my left knee got worse and worse I found I just couldn't operate the clutch. Realising that I wouldn't be able to drive for a while after the TKR we decided to go for a second car, which friends on here named 'Akneecar' . The idea was to sell her after a year, but I admit to becoming quite fond of her :heehee:.
I do hope your knee improves for tomorrow, mine was ok today, not as good as it was before my setback, but ok.
 
I'm really upset, and so is my grandson - there was an accident on the beastly M25 this morning, right at the junction I would have joined it,with queues of an hour and a half, I waited and waited for it to clear, but at eleven it was still as bad so I had to abandon my visit. At least I wasn't sitting in the car all that time, my knee would have hated that. I will try again next week.
I was just too cold at bedtime last night to wrap ice on my knee,the first time I haven't slept with ice, it was ok, possibly a bit stiffer this morning, but I think I can start to wean myself from the ice.
 
What a shame about your visit! Traffic jams are a bummer. I especially hate the motorways!
Glad the knee is recovering though
 
I'm really upset, and so is my grandson - there was an accident on the beastly M25 this morning, right at the junction I would have joined it,with queues of an hour and a half, I waited and waited for it to clear, but at eleven it was still as bad so I had to abandon my visit.
Sorry you missed seeing your grandson!

I've been stuck in traffic jams on the M25 as well. It's notorious. I've heard it called " the biggest parking lot in Europe"!
 
Yes @Celle, unfortunately I have often parked on it. The trouble is that if the M25 was a clock face around London, I live at 12 & my son lives at 4, I refuse to drive through Central London, so basically it is my only route without getting hopelessly lost on minor roads. I can't imagine the state my knee would have been in had I have had to sit in that jam, thank goodness for radio alerts.
How are you Celle?
 
Doing fine, thanks, @Ellejay !

We have a daughter who lives in Berkshire and we visit another relative near Peterboro' . That means entering the M25 at about 9 o'clock and exiting at about 12.

Another cousin lives in Rayleigh, Essex. To visit her, we have to go round almost all the southern half of the M25, including the Dartford Tunnel. Ugh! I hate motorway driving, so hubby drives and I navigate.
 
Hi @Ellejay,

I hope that you are ok? I know my posts are unusually short but I've overdone it a bit today but felt good. Now I'm really tired x x x

Love Ann x x x
 
Strange never been caught in jam on m25 and used to reg drive to heathrow. Mind you did have window down and was singing. Hope you are being sensible re knees

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Ellejay

How are you getting on? Are your knees ok? I do he that you are feeling a bit better?

Take care catch you later love Ann x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nana moon 27
Good morning Ann, what a worry for your SIL, I hope all is well when she arrives. And your mum sounds worried about next week as well, but I'm sure your Dad will be well cared for in his small hospital, and it's good that he can get his op earlier. A few years back, when we were both still working, my husband had to have an operation. He chose a big London hospital so that he could easily get to his out patients appointments during working hours, but for my visits when he was actually it was horrid, and coming home on the train late at night on my own was not good. The worse part was when I had to drive to pick him up, I felt I needed hospital treatment myself when I arrived. The choose and book system is great, but sometimes these choices have consequences.
My knee is still far from good, just two weeks ago I was walking every day, cycling on my static and doing all sorts of exercises, but since it swelled so much last Thursday it just doesn't bend so much, it's swollen and sore constantly, even though I'm doing nothing but ice and elevate. Luckily I have a PT appointment this afternoon, I'm hoping some massage might do the trick.
I'm still trying to complete my photo book yearbook for last year, I have eighty photos left to upload and place in the book. It is taking hours, but it will be worth it when the completed book drops through my letterbox. I have done one every yeR, they are great fun to look through. Although it means I'm sitting at my computer I make sure I'm comfortable with my leg elevated.
Good luck with all your sorting, it feels so good once everything is ordered and easy to find again. I hope your knee behaves today, xxxx Lyn
 
No prizes for guessing what my lovely PT has just told me.....I'm doing too much/ expecting too much/ I'm doing really well/ it's still early in my recovery.........
My lower leg is slightly swollen, so she spent today's session massaging it, quite painful, but it does feel better now. Tbh I hadn't really noticed, last night my husband said that it was swollen and that it felt hard, she said I did have a slight fluid build up, but nothing to worry about.
For the next couple of weeks I'm to exercise one day, then have two days off, she thinks I'm being a bit greedy in expecting more than the 110 ROM I have at the moment, apparently none of her other patients have that much at this stage.
So I must get used to being lazy, which is something I have never been, and she will see me in a months time.
Oh well, back to the recliner and ice pack then.
 
I totally understand your frustration Lyn - I know I'm doing terrific for being in my second week but I just want it to be better and done with already! Patience is not my virtue :angel:
 
Oh @TexasTee, I am finding this SO hard this time, I don't know why, but it seems to have gone on for ever. I'm lucky, I'm not in horrid pain, just very sore, and that sort of feeling that you don't want to do anything because it will make things even more uncomfortable. I told the PT I had been to the gym, I had been doing some gentle yoga and Pilates at home, walking and cycling and I think she thought I was mad! It would appear most of her clients are hard pushed to do the exercises she sets for them. I think she saw an overweight, middle aged woman, I've told her before I always exercised, and was only the size I am now because I haven't been exercising properly for two years.
How are you today? I hope you are continuing to do well, just learn from my mistakes and don't overdo things. xx
 
How frustrating for you, Lyn. I am really sorry that this has happened but when the PT tells you to take it easy, then you know you have been doing too much! I know it's boring for you and do sympathise.
love from another overweight, impatient woman.
x
 
Hi Lyn - I'm doing well, just impatient to get things going. I'm sure after my official PT session on Friday I'll be thrilled to slow down again but right now it's just so boring!!! My excitement from this morning is having both a shower AND doing a load of laundry...all I wear are yoga pants and tank tops but apparently I don't have as many as i thought, most of them are knee length so don't work with the 24/7 application of my ice machine. Woah is me, eh? LOL
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom