Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

I've also slept in with my husband since coming home - but I've had the extreme good fortune of being able to sleep thru the night with just one middle of the night bathroom/med break. Of course we have a king size tempur pedic bed so I'm not sure he'd notice any amount of tossing and turning. I love that bed!

Hope you are having a great day with your family, Lyn!
 
I just wanted to check in to let you all know I'm fine. I'm sitting here, icing and elevating, my knee is quite sore and I'm totally exhausted, but I am very happy, I've had such a good time with all my family this weekend. I will rest all day tomorrow, and I'm off to bed now. I hope everyone on here has had a good weekend, xxx
 
Glad to hear you had a good time with the family. I'm sure the sore knee was worth it and you can rest tomorrow. You can't beat family days. They are very precious.

I had our grandsons today. First the little one while his big bro was at football and then the bigger one while the little one went to a party. We had loads of fun. We've baked cakes, read books, played with Playdoh , painted, chatted, made potato prints and tidied my study. I am shattered but what a good day!

Oxfam tomorrow morning and lunch out with a friend, then the gym. My knee ROCKS!

Sleep tight.

​
 
Thanks @Legin, I think I'm fine, but I'm having an extremely lazy day, just to make sure! My porage is about to be delivered to me in bed, and I might stay here all morning.
How are you today, how was your weekend?
 
Weekend was v busy a lot of time im kitchen other wise weekend was ok ish. Haven't been a porridge person since tonsils were butchered it was only thing they gave me I could eat. You take that lazy day girl beautiful day here so dogs are already nagging me

Legin THR Sep 14
 
You surprise me! I thought you'd be having porridge for breakfast lunch and tea :heehee:. I really enjoy it, and so does my grandson, but I heard yesterday that he has his with peanut butter, with chocolate sprinkles on top, I'm not sure about his version!
 
Hi @Ellejay, glad you had a good weekend with family. Always good to have family around. Hope you rested up well and knee is treating you well and behaving properly. Grandson sounds so sweet. I actually love porridge as well. Sounds like something I may make as I won't be going in to work yet another day lost due to ice and snow. I cannot do it. Hope everyone has a blessed day!! :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Definitely the start of a porridge lovers club here then, @chestnc and @Maggie94. I find I can go all morning without snacking after a bowl, and also if I have toast at breakfast I don't want more wheat at lunch time, but often the only choice is a sandwich / roll/ wrap etc, so it even makes lunch time easier if I have oats for one meal.
I hope everyone is well, sorry your weather is so bad @chestnc, we have a lovely bright day here, the sun is even making a bit of an effort, but it's still only 7 (41 F) degrees here, I'm envious of @Texas Tees nearly 80 :SUNsmile:.
 
I've spent a really lazy morning, stayed late in bed, I've just had a lovely warn, deep bubble bath, my knee feels really good. I might go out for a walk, or it might just have a session on the indoor bike. I really don't want to aggravate it at all, I might continue being lazy and have a 'be nice to knee day'. Xx
 
Home os Scots Porridge Oats 20 mins from me to. Icky stuff

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Ellejay, Lyn, you so deserve a lazy day. I am waiting for my porridge to cook up. I am making this porridge from fine yellow cornmeal. I add agave and or Truvia with cinnamon milk and a touch of creamer. So good. A be nice to knee day sounds wonderful. Loving it!! At this point I would take 41 degrees (F) but would much prefer @TexasTee 80 degrees for certain. Wishing everyone a blessed day.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one who doesn't know what porridge is? Is it whole oats so what we would call oatmeal or ground up fine - like we would call cream of wheat? I haven't had either in decades though I do recall that I used to like cream of wheat. I'm still working on healing bones and tissues so protein rules the day - bacon and eggs for me!

I am very much enjoying our little break from winter - it will be sunny and 80 thru mid-week but on Thursday goes back to the normal 60. Very nice break! I'll definitely be going for a short walk in the sunshine later.
 
@TexasTee Porridge is rolled oats. You can have it fine or coarse or in between. Traditionally it was made with water and salt but we have it with milk and honey in our house. On the Island called St Kilda https://www.kilda.org.uk/ off the coast of Scotland the inhabitants used to boil a puffin with their porridge. I only put that so I could imagine Bonesmarties across the world go :eeeuw::eeeuw::eeeuw:!

BTW 60 degrees here would almost be a heatwave!
 
I think I'd prefer the peanut butter thank you, and I wasn't very keen on that this morning, but now it sounds quite appealing.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom