TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Hi @Ellejay

I'm glad you went to see your dad, even though he was fast asleep.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in your last recovery, didn't you have a slight setback around this time with your first TKR?

Lyn you have lovely strong legs. I'm sure this is just a reaction to the ODIC at the hospital. I hope you get a break from the pain. I hope the rest of your days been ok? X x x

Love Ann xxx
 
Thanks again everyone. Yes, @Nana moon 27, I'm sure you are right, I will check the early part of my thread, I also thought there was a bit of a setback.
@suedobie, thank you for your post, you are right, I haven't done any physical damage, which is what is so puzzling, my muscles feel,as if I've walked five miles! Its strange that you haven't progressed either, we were both doing so well. Did you go to your physio last week? I have a session on Wednesday, so I will ask her what's going on.
@SuperSnapper, I'm sure you and @Legin are right about the stress. I wasn't sitting still in the hospital for six hours, I did get up and walk around, but obviously it was a very stressful situation, that might be all it is. I'm just so surprised that resting and icing basically since Thursday evening hasn't taken me back to the good place I was in in my recovery.
Thanks again everyone, I so appreciate all your warm thoughts and messages. Lyn xxx
 
I hope your knees settle down soon, Lyn. It's more likedly that they are reacting to teh unaccustomed activity than that there is anything seriously wrong.

I hope your Dad continues to be OK.
 
Thanks @Celle, it is kind of you to post. I'm sure it's just a temporary setback, hopefully I will bounce back to be as good as I was.
I hope you are ok xxx Lyn
 
Hi again, Lyn, @Ellejay

I'm doing OK, although, even at 4 months post-op, my left knee was uncomfortable and swollen for a couple of days after I went out to dinner and sat on an uncomfortable chair, then followed that by walking on uneven ground while I was admiring the Christmas lights in our local park. It's better now.
 
I guess it just means that our knees will be " touchy" for quite a long time. Even though I'm back into all normal activities, I have to remind myself that complete healing can take a full year. We just have to remember to "baby" them and be patient.
 
I'm certain this is just a temporary setback for you Lyn. You have to pick your priorities in this recovery and choosing your dad was the right one. I always took ice packs with me when I went out and also had an empty Ziploc bag in my purse to be filled with ice should I need it. It's hard to know what will set our knees off, but you can only do your best, which you always do. Rest, ice, elevate and medicate if needed and this too shall pass. You and your dad are in my thoughts....
 
Hi @Ellejay

I wish you a nice peaceful restful night with out pain. That would be nice x x x catch you later x

Thinking of you Lyn

Love Ann x
 
Thanks @DogLoverx3, I do appreciate your kind words. I'm never leaving home without an ice bag now, even if I think I won't be very long!
I hope you manage to sleep well @Nana moon 27, I haven't checked your thread tonight, I will quickly pop over now before bed, I hope your roast dinner went well" sleep well (hopefully, xxxx)
 
Hi @Ellejay. Yes all went ok, the dinner was lovely. I will stick a post on my thread in a bit x I'm not posting so much lately. It's just the same old same old x x x
 
Hi @Ellejay

I do hope that you are feeling better this morning and you had a comfortable night. Sending you (((((big hugs)))) xxxx

Love Ann xxx
 
@Nana moon 27
Thank you Ann, I did get a fairly good nights sleep. I woke at 7, wondered about getting up to go to the pool and promptly fell asleep again, now I'm fully awake, but it's too late, I can only use it between 7 & 9am! I really think that this knee needs some hydro, and, unless I get up earlier, the only way I'm going to get that is to go to the private physio and pay £55 for a half hour session.
I'm staying in bed until the pain killers kick in, then I will rest all morning and go to the hospital to see Dad this afternoon. My daughter is going to come with me today.
I hope you have a good day Ann, thanks for caring (((((xxxxx)))))))
 
Hello Lyn - just popped by to see how you are doing today.
Shame you couldn't get to the pool in time, but it means a horribly early start for you. The very idea of getting up early; cold drive to pool; getting changed; getting in; getting out; getting showered and dried and coming home again would put me off every time. Most of my hydro was scheduled at a convenient 2pm.
We think we have chosen our hot tub, and are going to give it the once over in the showroom at the end of the week. I think my knee is going to LOVE it ......... and all my other ancient achey bits and pieces! Hubby said he didn't think it will get used much. Huh! This is the man who spends over an hour a day soaking in the bath.

Really hope your knees feel a bit better today - I also think it has a lot to do with stress. Also hope that you have a nice visit with your Dad this afternoon and he is showing a little improvement and is being well looked after and comfy.

Look after yourself
XXXX
 
Good morning @dogwheels, thank you for popping in. Now I'm up and about I think my knee is ok, the first time since last Wednesday, hooray! Its a bit achey, but doesn't feel stiff and will bend again, I'm obviously very pleased.
The hot tub is a wonderful idea, and yes, your knee will love it. My son took my DiL & grandson to a hotel in Kensington this weekend on a special weekend deal. There was a beautiful pool, which they had to themselves, and the deal didn't cost much more than a couple of physio sessions - maybe that's what I should do? I don't need the PT, just the pool :heehee:.
I suppose once it gets warmer and I'm sleeping better I will get to the early pool, but looking out at the thick frost covering everything this morning I can't imagine coming out after a warm dip.
Good to hear from you, have a good week, xxx Lyn
 
Hi Lyn - so glad to hear you are feeling more your old self today! I'm with you on the pool, the idea of it sounds lovely but the actual doing it that early, not so much. I'm hoping my PT has a hydro option - I think it does but will find out for sure on Friday.

Hope your visit goes well this afternoon!
 
My knee has coped well today, I rested all morning, before setting off to visit Dad (& yes, I did take my ice pack).
The doctors are fairly hopeful of a good outcome, which quite frankly surprises me, in a good way. As soon as they have stabilised him on the new medications they think he can return to his care home, so good news there.
I haven't risked any exercises today, just driving to the hospital and walking around up there were enough. Hopefully my knee will cope with a visit to my grandson tomorrow :rolleyes:.
 
So pleased to hear about your Dad, Lyn. Good thing it was caught in time for them to make the necessary medication adjustments. Fingers X'd things will steadily improve for him in the next couple of days.

Now the pressure is off a bit with your Dad, it's time to concentrate on nurturing that knee. Is your Grandson old enough for a doctor's outfit yet? Perhaps he could look after his Nan tomorrow? I know you love spending time with him, but make it as easy on yourself as you can.

Still thinking of you and your Dad, but pleased that the news is promising.

Lots of love XXXXXX
 
Thanks Chris, yes, funnily enough he does have a doctors kit. As his mum is attending ante natal classes she thought he would like to continue to treat her at home - I will have to get him onto my case! :rotfl:.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom