Thanks Lyn x got first OA knee class in the morning x x then next day is the OS and the final X-ray done on leftie as well as TKR. I want the next two days over so I know where I am and can plan accordingly. I cannot believe the boost in confidence from that trip the other day. Fabulous. Proved my revisions worked.
@Nana moon 27 isn't it fantastic that some good has come of your trip episode? I'm so pleased for you, it's the boost you need. good luck with the appointments over the next couple of days, I will be waiting to read how they went.
night night (definitely this time) xxx
I just read your post in yorkimoms thread.
I sit up straight then lean on my hip and as I roll I put out both hands the I do a push up with both arms with butt up in the air ending up in a down dog position x walk my hands back and up my body. I can only do that on an very good day x x x
It is so good to start the day with a smile, good morning Nigel, how are you? @Nana moon 27 good luck with the OA knee class, it sounds like a brilliant idea, probably something we could all have used a few years ago to put these TKRs off.
Compromising eh? Xxx Thank goodness you think I'm a lady. Sorry @Legin and @Ellejay this is how I am when I sleep properly. Xxxx
@Ellejay I do hope you slept well. I don't why I've bothered but I've got up showered and washed my hair. My hair will be one frizz ball by the time I get outta the gym. Looking forward to it. Will have to tell them about left foot x x x
@Nana moon 27, I was so busy laughing at @Legin s comment I forgot to say thank you for your description of getting up from the floor. That will be my exercise this morning- getting up from the floor!
I can't believe how stupid I've been, of course I can get up off the floor! I was just too frightened to try, too worried about kneeling, it's was the same when I tried riding my bike after the first TKR, it took me much too long, because I was just too frightened of hurting my knee. It is even more stupid when I think of my background of yoga and Pilates, I am very flexible, so I shouldn't have a problem. I have been up and down from the floor this morning,trying different methods, it's not very elegant, but I can do it easily. This is great news, as I really wanted to start doing some Pilates exercises, which need to be done on the floor.
I'm just off on a short walk, the first one in a few days, hopefully my knees can cope with it this week.
@Ellejay, I think this is a bit of an overstatement. I think we all have a fear of getting down on the floor and then getting on our knees because we're just so sure it will be dreadfully painful. I find that it doesn't feel great, but it isn't really painful.
However, the first time I got on my knees was because is was sitting in an armless plastic chair in the yard, leaned over to sneeze, and fell sideways onto the ground. There was no one around to help me up, so getting on my knees was the only way up. I was amazed at how easy it really was.
Glad you've found that you can do this easily---even if not gracefully yet.
Chortle. There is one thing in life that remains a constant. I bring most people down to my level of intellligence. Well done tho this fear thing often takes the obvious answers out of normal thinking.
Thanks for making me feel so much better @bottomshollow, you are so right, the fear is worse than the movement itself. @Legin, I consider it an honour to be considered on the same level as yourself
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.