TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

I did go to see the Paddington film, just before my TKR, with my daughter, it's great! But then I will always be an infant teacher. Xx
 
Sounds like a great day to me - good for you for taking your kitchen back a bit at a time!! Sleep well!
 
I slept very well last night, so as far as I'm concerned, case proven! I was doing too much - as soon as I cut down and rested more my knee was happier, so this week I won't try to be Superwoman ( although I know I am really :heehee: ), I will do minimal exercise, rest, ice, elevate, minimal jobs around the house, rest, ice and elevate and then rest ice and elevate some more. It sounds like a good plan to me, when my knee is happy, I'm happy. I would love to be out walking again, but for my knee that is just not right just now, I will try again in a week or two. Patience....patience.....patience.....
 
Hmmmm in all honesty can you really see me resting. Its just me stupid i know. I hv always been the doer and its too stuck in me. Day released from hostipital after big car crash i bottomed kitchen. Its like 3 days in hospital felt guilty. Ok enough serious does your cape hang out of car door
 
No, it just flies out behind me as I drive my open top sports car :rotfl:

(I have tried for ages to find an emoticon that would go here, but none of them will copy)
 
@Ellejay poor you with pain and discomfort... I hope you have it all under control now. I think that no matter how much we read and how many times we read something we all have to enroll in the school of hard knocks and learn the lessons for ourselves.

@Legin don't be so modest. You are always there with a knd word or witty quip. Your support is appreciated.

Trying to post while watching the Australian open tennisis a bit too much of a challenge.. Sorry tennis wins...take care all- Maggie x
 
Hi Lyn.....I had a thought the other day whether I could take 50mg of Tramadol every 2 hours, instead of 100mg every 4 hours, as I seem to get relief for only a couple of hours. I rang 3 separate pharmacists and they all said yes, no problem, but not to take more than 400mg per day. Told my GP what I wanted to do and he said fine. Would you happen to know if anyone else does this and if it works for them? It works for me during the day but not got nights sorted yet! (By the way I did the "Choose and Book" thing too! Works for me!)
Mel
 
Hiya Lyn! Glad you're taking it easy today. I know how hard it is not to 'overdo' even when it seems like you're not doing much, but honestly, you've been doing a lot! I never even left my house for anything other than PT or the grocery store (or work) until over a month out! I'm so proud of you for testing your limits and then pulling back when you should. I can't believe it's just been 2 weeks for you. You will soon have @TexasTee and @Maggie94 to keep you company! I'm still amazed that you're taking so few pain meds. You may be my hero.

Take good care of yourself! xoxoxoxo
 
Well done @Legin, you have been good.
I've been very good again, just exercises, rest and ice/elevating. I did prepare our dinner this evening, but now I'm firmly ensconced in my chair, and my husband is on clearing up duty. Have a good evening xx Lyn
 
@dogwheels, :rotfl: Thank you for your kind words, but I don't deserve them, I think you are looking at the date of my first TKR! I'm 7 weeks out from my second one, which is why I'm eager to get on with life.
It's lovely to hear from you Ellen, how are you, I hope you are continuing to improve? I know life moves on but I do miss all our chats with the 'old gang'. I'm going through this recovery with some really lovely new friends, and Nana moon of course, but it's nice to hear from you again. Lyn xxxx
 
Me too made spaggagetti bologneeeese but my way not jar way. Num num num
 
@Fancypants,
Hello Mel, somewhere on this site is a very useful chart, giving times and dosages for combining Tramadol and paracetamol, I've been looking, and I will continue to search. I do know that a combination of the two of them is very effective. I will get back to you as soon as I find it.
Choose and Book is just wonderful, I have been treated so well for each TKR, and for three arthroscopies as well.
 
Its on.Josephines original thread

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Back
Top Bottom