TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

@Legin

I just read your post to Lyn about her dad, it brought a lump to my throat. You really do have such a lovely caring side. (((((Big hugs))))) xxx :angel:
 
Thank you all for your support. Dad was fine,I phoned the home first, he wasn't dressed, but he was by the time I got there. He was quite cheerful, he didn't realise that I hadn't been for a while, he remembered my knees were bad, but not about the operation. We took a few old family photos to talk about, which he enjoyed, I also showed him one of my aunt - his sister in law, who is almost his age, but he couldn't come to terms with that, insisting it was his mother in law - my grandmother!
My knee has been good today, I've decided as I'm up and about a bit more I will take a second dose of paracetamol, at lunch times, and use ice more than I had been doing. I feel stupid for not realising that I can't do more activity without irritating the knee, but if I up the medication, my knee will cope with a bit more activity. All I've done today are a few stretches, a bit of 'walking' on the mini trampoline, and just normal walking whilst out and about visiting and afterwards at the shops.
I hope everyone is well, xxx
 
Hi @Ellejay

I hope that your visit to see your dad went ok. Needed a box of Kleenex after reading @Legin post to you earlier xxx

I love the fact you and your family email each other about the visits to your dad xxx

Sending you a (((((Big hug))))) Lyn x

Love Ann x
 
Realy glad you didn't do.too much and visit went well. If you ever need to.talk about his condition you know where I am.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Sorry Lyn

Our post crossed!!! I'm so glad your dad enjoyed his visit. I had to laugh at his comment about the photograph.

I'm glad you're doing better today. Wel done Lyn xxx

Love Ann xxx
 
Nigel, thank you for the offer, I will certainly bear it in mind.
Thanks Ann, I'm so much better today. I know I'm really lucky, I just don't get 'down', so when I do have the odd off day I find it very difficult to cope with. I was also feeling a bit nauseous, probably due to the codeine, but again, that's ok today, so life is good again.
I hope you are OK, do you have any plans for the weekend? I hope your daughters throw off their bug quickly.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Ellejay

I'm glad you are so much better today. Codeine can make you feel nauseous or a bit dizzy too. I don't know what we are going to do.

My granddaughter came in from school and looks as if she's catching that bug. Her mom had FORGOTTEN to pick her up, even though she'd text me at 5.30 to see if she'd got to ours ok!!! This is the 14 yr old that scares my husband half to death by telling him she's moving in with us!!! Oh his face. If I'd got a camera handy, the pic would be priceless.

I've hurt myself with the fall. I'm back downstairs trying to move round a bit so I don't "set". Hubby has banned me completely from the kitchen but I've had no tea yet and only walked in to do something and he sent me straight out. Anyway we've a cooked chicken in the fridge and he put oven chips on. So chicken and chips,it is!

At the moment I'm munching a few peanuts to keep me going.

Lyn what are your plans for the weekend? Xxxx
 
Hi Ann,
Nothing special,this weekend, my husband is going out with his walking group tomorrow, Saturdays are longer walks than Wednesday mornings, and as the weather looks good for tomorrow he should enjoy that. My daughter is working night shifts, so we won't be seeing her, so it could be a quiet weekend.
I will probably sit at my computer for as long as my knee will allow, I always make a yearbook from all the photos taken over the previous year, but it takes ages to upload them to the company website,arrange them, try to remember where they were and when we went there.
I did smile at your husbands reaction to your grand daughter moving in. It sounds the same as I got when I suggested we might take our grand son away in the caravan, just for a weekend!
Enjoy your weekend Ann, I hope that you will be ok after your fall, xxxx
 
We've been lucky not to get the snow haven't we. From The Peak District up there they've had loads. Enjoy doing your year book. That sounds a mammoth task but I'm sure It will be lovely xxx
 
@Nana moon 27, I'm fine thanks, I've had a lovely morning all on my own, I've been through all the Physio exercises, I've had a session on my bike whilst watching James Martin (a chef) on the TV and then I've just got out of a very relaxing bath. I'm going to sit down all afternoon, icing and elevating, I hope there a good film on TV. My husband is on his way home now, so my quiet life is over, but I did enjoy it, and my knee seems to have coped well.
How are you now you are up and about?
 
Hi Ellejay's,
Glad you had a good morning.hope you find a good film. I've been watching "the Father Brown " series on BBC one in the afternoons, totally silly but quite good fun. It's a good excuse to put my feet up !

We are off to see the third part of the Hobbit this afternoon. But I think we still smell of marmalade! At least in the dark people won't recognise us!
 
Cool the hobbit mind you.how they.got 3 films out of that wee book
Glad you are resting Lyn.of course I have dooooobeeedooooo

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Ellejay

That sounds nice watching James Martin on the tv while riding your bike. It's nice to have the quiet headspace. As long as it is not too long. My left shoulder, back, left hand and top of left foot hurt but not unbearable just annoying xxx

I've taken it easy this afternoon. I'm tired but I've not napped. I'm trying to do without if I can x I have t had any more meds than normal.

My granddaughter has worn me out just watching her practice for her silver medal. Apparently their troupe are doing a performance or something at the Albert Hall this year as well. We've had our heads together designing her next costume. We've a few ideas but we will make a decision soon xxx

@SuperSnapper I too like the Father Brown series too xxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Well, I thought the third Hobbit film was a bit like overegging the pudding! Not as good as one and two and as @Legin says, how did they get three films out of that wee book? Two would have been plenty. But it was an afternoon out and I do think the chap who played Thorin Oakenshield was very pleasing to the eye!
 
Ooh @SuperSnapper I know what you mean, he could take my mind off my knee pain for a couple of hours. I haven't seen part three, we have two local cinemas, one with lots of legroom, and the other not much space at all. So far Hobbit 3 is only showing at the second one, I will wait until I can have a more comfortable seat.
It's a good job you didn't go to see Paddington - smelling of marmalade as you might do :rotfl:.
 
Ohh @Ellejay your on top form tonight :heehee: X x x x

[Bonesmart.org] Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second
He is soooo cute x x x x
 
Night night folks, I'm hoping for some more sleep again tonight, I've returned to icing all night, with the codeine I seem to have cracked it. I've rested all afternoon, caught up with some knitting. I did prepare a simple meal for supper, I'm trying to reclaim my kitchen, slowly and gradually.
I hope everyone has a good night / day xxx
 

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom