TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

You go to a bridge each has a stick and drop go to other side see whose stick comes first. I always lobbed mine to back
 
Oh dear, I fear a deprived childhood Sue. You need to be standing on a small bridge over a river or stream. You and your partner, more usually your five year old friend than your husband, I must admit, each take a stick, throw them over one side of the bridge at the same time, then run to the other side to see whose comes out first. Elsie will love it when she is a bit older.
 
Its ok god girls wld hv pushed me in if i cheated. Hmmm hang on they did several times and didnt cheat.
 
Sorry Lyn - I had to laugh at your responce to me a page back...I can FEEL the frustration across the pond. I"M HARDLY DOING ANYTHING!!! I think if you read back and compare you'll realize you are doing a LOT more then you were at this point on the first knee. But I'm positive I'll be equally frustrated by the restrictions.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:rotfl: I'm sure you are right @TexasTee, I suppose because this knee bends much further than the right one did at this stage, I feel I should be able to do more, maybe a smaller bend early on is not so bad after all. It's still not a tremendous bend, but it's more than the first one. I've done nothing today, no walk, no static bike, just a few stretches and other exercises, haven't I been a good girl?
 
I was a bit of Tom Boy when I as a child and spent lots of time out with my dad looking a birds nests and hunting Rabbits (sorry all you bunny lovers) of course this all stopped when I discovered boys, short skirts and make up!! Also my love of gardening started on my Dad's allotment
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Ellejay

I'm sorry to hear you've had a small setback but I know you Lyn and you'll bounce back. I'm glad you got your car back and you're mobile once more.

You've been very good today taking it easy, yes, you've been a good girl x @Legin I love water fights x

Goodnight and take care Lyn

Love Ann xxx
 
It's ok @Legin, you won't need it, I'll be good again today!
I kept my ice cuff on throughout the night, I slept very well, when I woke up very early this morning it was still icy, so I slept again until 8.30. My knee is a bit stiff and sore, but nowhere near as bad as it has been. I've taken a couple of paracetamol, so I should soon be pain free. I will have another lazy day today, and maybe start exercising again tomorrow. I am going to see my Dad this morning, in his care home. The last time I went was Christmas Eve, the car journey was so uncomfortable I haven't been since, but it should be ok now. He won't remember whether I've been or not, but I do want to see him.
Have a good day everyone, xxxx
 
Great news re sleep. I work in a unit for huntingtons but there is a unit for dementia upstairs and I often pop up. Or get called if errr there is a problem. I.so understand the feelings you have re your dad not remebering. I have had many.a.wet shoulder from an.upset relative. But understand this no.matter.what the.severity of the.condition I regularly see some changes when loved ones visit all be it small. You are bringing something to him I promise. My.dad.had a.massive.stroke and only.comunication.was.thru blinking eyes. I had to come to terms with.he wsnt the.strong man.any.more. But he was my.dad. So Lyn you are giving him something and yes your old life with him may.be.gone but its still the.same hand.to hold and same face just life has.thrown an unfair curve ball. Hope this isn't too.jumbled and I haven't overstepped the mark. Take care lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thanks Nigel, that was so lovely, I'm in tears now, but good ones. The family (there are 5 siblings) always e mail each other whenever we visit,to let the others know now he is. There have been some very funny stories recently regarding his dress, or lack of. Sometimes he just refuses to get dressed. I hope he is dressed today. He is very confused as to where he is, and will send people to find a book, in his bedroom/ the kitchen/ the lounge....completely forgetting that he is not in his bungalow anymore. It is sad.
 
To him he is.in his bungalow. I have had conversations with.a.90 yr old who told me.her gran got her up that morning. They can.never really.come.back.to this.present world so.we must join them in.their world. You will laugh.with.them I.assure you. I.didn't mean.for you to.cry but its a thing we all do its a release sometimes. You.are a.good person Lyn and your dad may never say.so.again but I'm sure he has and his.past is his now so he.still thinks it.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi Lyn, I can understand why you are in tears, what wise words from Nigel, no fun this getting old lark! My Mum is 83 this year and thankfully still has all her marbles, she still lives at home as does one my brothers who has never married, but perfectly happy, my Dad died 10 years ago quite suddenly, a shock for us but great for him.

I am getting ready for some friends who live in Spain to come and stay for a couple of days, they came over in December and stayed with their daughter in Manchester then went to LA and a cruise, they will be on here way back to Spain when they come to us, they also have a rat, oops sorry a Japanese Spitz who winds my dogs up terrible, he does not realise that with one snap he could be a snack!!

Legin don't know what you do work wise but you would make a fantastic counsellor.
Sue xx
 
@Ellejay hope your Dad is ok and enjoys your visit. My older brother has dementia and has been in a hospital for a long time. He recognises me still but not my husband anymore. He has a multitude of chronic illnesses many brought on by long term medication for bi polar. Now he's in a wheelchair and remembers very little but he enjoys it when we go see him. He's in hospital in Northampton so we went just before my operation but not since as I couldn't face the journey but we're hoping to go soon. The hospital is wonderful and look after him very well. I keep in email touch with his OT which is great. He still has a sense of humour even if we aren't sure what he's laughing at most of the time. You do what you can
 
Ty but just imparting my knowladge. Plus have counseled teens.for many years and done vast amounts of family work around abuse. Also its easy to be.nice to nice people. But ty again.this old rugged man.really doesn't do compliments v well.

Legin THR Sep 14
 

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom