TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

I'm goood ty slept ish a fair few wake ups several due to no duvet and the duvet snaffler. Rang surgery to try to get appointment with.the.dr who.has been.with.me.thru this thing. Aye that would be.the one who.tells me off. Have to.wait till next week. Tut and double tut.
hmmmm.at try. Hello.wall how are you today. Your what no one listens to you. Oh I.know the feeling.
Sad thing is I.do.the wall talk for real. Usually.ends up in either the look or a whack.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I have the luxury of still sleeping in the spare room, so I'm not accused of duvet snaffling anymore. It's a good job I am on my own at the moment, I find myself all over the bed, either side, even diagonal. Then I throw off ice cuff at some point, I'm definitely not an ideal sleeping partner.
Sorry you have to wait so long for a GP appointment, I was so lucky on Tuesday, getting one the very same day.
 
I could get one.today just want to.see dr Cunningham she has been with me throughout this and tells it as it is. Best for me and she once.called me.the most stubborn man ever. Me never

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin then probably better to wait but a bummer. Hope you are still feeling cheerful today?
@Ellejay it sound like you give your leg a workout during the night with all that tossing and turning!
I have a new pain! These knees are persistent if nothing else. Feels like something sharp just under the skin on my scar- maybe a stitch. Will await developments!
I rang the gym yesterday so back there on Monday! Yippeeee! I would quite like to drive my car but my daughter borrowed it - I may just liberate it today mind.
Have a great day, you two. :roseshwr::roseshwr:
 
Me I'm grand. Hmmmm snaperoooo new pain and arranging gym appointment sheeeeeeeeesh what am I to.do.with you ladies. Hello wall how are you

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@SuperSnapper, my daughter returned my car to me just in time, so I am mobile and independent. I complained about a pain behind my knee, it's as if something is catching, once I've walked for about 15 mins. The physio is sure is my hamstring, I have to ice behind my knee as well. Enjoy the gym, but do take care.
'Wall' to @Legin,
I know what you mean about seeing a doctor who knows your story already it's so much better. I hope the wait doesn't cause you too much pain or discomfort.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nooooooo I'm not in pain I want them to give ok.to go back to work. Sorry I had put it in my thread doh me that is.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Ellejay , I used to get pain behind my knee, especially with walking. It is mostly gone now, but I was having it as recently as last week. I never found out the cause. Yes, ice helps!
 
@Clipless, thats really good of you to stop by and tell me that, it does help to know that others have had the same, and its nothing to worry about. Thank you, xxx Lyn
 
Great that you are mobile and have your car back. New pains - so interesting all the random side tracks this recovery entails. Well, at least I am forewarned...
 
Oh, @TexasTee, interesting, but frustrating as well. I was so sure I was 'just about there', I stopped nearly all meds, because I honestly didn't need them. I was sleeping well, I was going out for walks, but then suddenly all this pain starts up again. The joint is fine, I know it's only muscles,and I KNOW it's because I'm doing too much, but I'm hardly doing ANYTHING! :tantrum2: :blackcloud:. Just be aware.........:sigh:.
 
Oh. Lyn hope you don't.mind me using name. Its just a wee set back. You have done fantastic and I'm in.envy of you. Muscles are funny things they tweek because of cold cramp when used too much just generally annoying. Must be male hey. You will get there pool work and building muscles slowly. You will be fine just have a wee rethink. don't be too down it will sort itself.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thanks @Legin, (please do use my name anytime), thanks for your friendly reply, I'm really lucky, I'm never down for long, I'm the original Tigger, smiling, laughing and bouncing through life, but I can't bounce very well at the moment. I'm not down, just frustrated, as soon as it gets warmer and I'm out and about I will be fine again.
 
Hi Lyn, I've had a busy day, had my hair cut and coloured this morning which was great as I was starting to resemble Worzel gummage!!!, then my friends came round for coffee, then had group physio this afternoon, must say thought that I was not impressed and don't know if I shall go back next week.
Did not have a good night last night, woke up and had to go and get some Panadol, like you, I have not taken any pain meds for ages, not a real hurting pain more of an ache but enough to not be able to get to sleep

Hi Legin, at the least the wall does not talk back !!
 
Ok Lyn. If you ever need a friendly ear.
Im more eeyore. Or cld be a woozle. Winnie phooh was our fav book when girls were young. We still play phoo sticks .
Hmmmmm ah but walls have ears so they say.
 
Hello Sue, that sounds like a really fun day, well done you! Oh dear, my next hair appointment is two days after our meeting next week, you are going to show me up, I'd better wear a hat :rotfl:.
I enjoyed my group physio sessions for my last TKR, other than I had to go all the way to Edmonton in London for them. Having said that, my 1:1 with my present physio is just wonderful, and of course she can give me a massage,which I didn't get with the group sessions.
Sorry to hear of your pain, it's such a nuisance isn't it, just as we think we are sorted! Oh well, theres nothing we can do about it, other than just learn to live with it.
I'm looking forward to relaxing and watching TV later, we were out last night so we recorded Wolf Hall, I loved the books, so I hope the TV adaptation is as good.
I hope you sleep better tonight, I managed a little more last night, but really needed the Co-codamol.
 
@Legin, :heehee: my husband and I tried to play Pooh Sticks just the other day, but the water was too fast and we kept losing our sticks.
 
Back
Top Bottom