TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Just back from my physio appointment, she was absolutely lovely, spent quite some time chatting about my history and my goals. She is thrilled with my knee, says I'm at least a week ahead of myself in recovery terms, she reckoned I am 0 & 90 but she says she doesn't like measuring so early on. As for my thigh pain she immediately diagnosed it as the IT band, and spent the rest of the session doing deep, very painful massage, which she says will leave me with bruising. Because my patella was affected (resurfaced/replaced???) in the op she said this disturbed the IT Band, and it would be painful for a while. She recommended a heat pad (well done @Jamie & @referee54 ) so I'm now sitting in the recliner balancing a heat pad on my thigh and an ice bag on my knee, a very strange sensation. Because of Christmas I can't see her next week, but have an appointment for the week after when she says I should be ready for some bike work.
 
Just popped into dissmiss this rumor that I have sensible moments whilst it is.true.that was a slip in my otherwise confudled outpourings I can assure you it wont happen again. Ok parting point. Definition of getting on is when your age overtakes your IQ.
Ah you are using the English English version of Getting On as the American English version is how are you feeling or my version which is the Philly version is Hey yo how you doin?

:sneaker:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@robynhood, how lovely of you to pop in. I'm so pleased that your non TKR is doing well, unfortunately mine never did get over having to do the work of two, even though it was for such a short time really. After the op the OS did say it was in a very bad way, arthritis throughout all compartments, and the patellar as well, so it obviously needed doing.
I do hope that you are not overdoing it in the lead up to Christmas, take care, Lyn xxxx
 
Hi Lyn - just signed up for a knitting lesson after Christmas...cross your fingers for me! Did you make any progress with your crochet attempt?
 
@TexasTee
Do you know I had forgotten all about my crochet attempt - so, no, I didn't get anywhere with that. I am however knitting, only squares, but different stitches/patterns per square. The idea is they all get joined together to make what I would have called a blanket, but apparently is now 'an Afghan' - I have no idea what the difference is. I am famous for starting something and then getting bored with it, so we will see. I have also bought some really big needles and some really thick wool in the hope that I might make a simple cowl neck warmer /scarf. Good luck with your knitting class, what sort of things will you be hoping to make?
 
@SuperSnapper & @Nana moon 27,
I feel really lucky to have the physio I saw this morning, it is only a tiny hospital and each time I've needed physio (apart from the 1st TKR) I've been given a young lad, who is very nice, but conducts his physio sessions from behind a computer screen and then hands out sheaves of exercise plans for you as you leave - about as much use as a chocolate teapot!
I assumed that he cared for the NHS patients, whilst the private patients got the good PTs, but not today, I got a good one, she certainly knows her stuff, she is studying for her Masters in physiotherapy. Of course, the first one could have seen my name on a list and said "oh no, not again!", but for whatever reason, I am very pleased.
I hope everyone sleeps well tonight, xxx
 
Well, I sort of got it right last night - I wasn't in pain, but I didn't sleep that well either. I'm fairly busy today, my Ocado on line Christmas shop is being delivered today, so I need to find room in all the kitchen cupboards and fridge for everything. I am hoping to try to do a few small baking jobs in the kitchen, but I suspect my husband won't allow it. Later on a friend from Rugby is dropping in for a short visit, so I should be tired tonight.
Have a good weekend everyone xxx
 
Whoooot whooooot grand Elejay. it looks great

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Back
Top Bottom