Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Hi @Ellejay - sitting in the hospital waiting room to get discharged from my Achilles man. Exercises are helping and I can do those myself now - so hopefully he will agree in a few mins!!
Don't bother going out - it's cold and I drove into town only to find NO PARKING SPACES AT ALL!! Christmas has truly come to Kingston upon Thames! Went to Tesco and consoled myself with a huge festive holly bush. It's in a nice covered pot and I am going to put some LED lights on it! The Christmas bomb is catching - never ever too many lights!!
Sorry your 'got up and go' has 'got up and left you' at the moment. But you are being cosseted and can just take things slowly and gently - heh heh!
Gotta go - my turn now xxxxxx




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi @dogwheels, so lovely to hear from you, and I'm thrilled that your Achilles problems are just about over - perfect timing! So, no limping for Christmas, that is fabulous news, well done!
Friends and family keep telling me how cold it is, and how busy the shops are, I'm probably better off dozing in the warm all day. I still haven't been out, I don't need to until Friday - 1st Physio, I was hoping to go to my grandsons Nativity tomorrow, but tickets are limited to two per child. To be honest I'm secretly pleased. I wasn't looking forward to being bounced about around the M25.
@yiayia3 & @TexasTee I've been very lazy all day, but I have exercised as well. I have much more bend this time round, and my knee is hardly numb at all as it was last time - for months.
Sleep well everyone, xxxx
 
@Ellejay probably good you didn't go on the M25. I went 20 mins in the car last week and it wasn't comfy.
I too have missed all the grandchildren's plays. Feel a bit sad too but can't be helped. Especially as my little one aged 4 asked me if I could go :bawl:. Great news on the bend and not so numbness! You are doing well!
We are going out to buy a tree tomorrow so hoping it will make me feel more like Christmas":reindeer::reindeer::reindeer:
Sleep well too x
 
Hi @Ellejay

I'm so pleased to see you are hapoy with your own rom. That's so lovely to hear. You are doing ever so well. I'm longing to know what colour iPad cover you got. You've probably said but I'm struggling through meds and stuff not sinking in properly.

Take care Lyn
Love Ann xxx
 
Bad night again last night, meds only seemed to last for three hours, so I was left uncomfortable until the next lot were due. The previous couple of nights I've gone for six hours, so I didn't think I was under medicating. I'm hardly taking anything during the day, I don't want to take these things if I don't need to, but then suddenly my body demands more! I can't win.
@Nana moon 27, I'm glad the heat pad is working for the non TKR knee, I was wondering about using one on my thigh, the muscles are still very painful there, presumably from the tourniquet.
The iPad case is a Christmas present,so I don't know it's colour yet. Everything else I have is red- crimson, my Filofax, my purse, my phone cover, that way I can always see it whenever I put it down somewhere. The old iPad case was red, so I am expecting this one will be as well. As I've said before, I wear a lot of red, I love it.
Have a good day, I have a friend popping in this afternoon, so I'd better make an effort today. Just washing my hair is exhausting! Chat later, xxx
 
Hi @Ellejay

My only suggestion with the meds is to take paracetamol regularly. The max dose each day. Then at least you've some kind of painkiller already there. I don't think it will work on it's own yet but if you get it built up in your system it may help take the edge off in between your meds.

I'm so sorry to hear you had a bad night last night. I don't know about using a heat pad on your thigh. I'd be inclined to ask Josephine or pumpk1n for advice on that.

I hope you have a lovely time with your friend today. It's stuff like that which helps. Yes hair washing is a chore, especially so early on in recovery x x x

Take care

Love Ann x
 
Helllllllllllllllo its Mr Serious here. My gut feeling is.as Nana says but heck I only have one brain cell. I did as you thought take.as.needed and suffered. I had to.realise what I had wasn't a occassional head ache. The causes of our pain are always there to.a.point just sometimes it shouts at us. Anyway that's my tuppence worth so I'm broke now. Sooooioooooo whoot whooot have a.truly wonderful time with friend. Oh.and I would check out with the BS oracle Jo jo be in trouble for calling her that I.will. care of take

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@TexasTee
Thanks for asking, to be honest I'm feeling a bit of a fraud - this knee doesn't swell, it bends well...I'm wondering when the hospital are going to phone to say they made a mistake and only did an arthroscopy :rotfl:. I've just thought, I wouldn't be this tired after an arthroscopy so I must have had a TKR! Night time sleep is still a bit hit or miss, if I take Tramadol I'm not in pain, but have nightmares, other painkillers leave me trying to get comfortable. I had a shower and washed my hair this morning which left me totally exhausted, but a session with legs up the wall afterwards was good. A friend popped round for a short time this afternoon, and I even found that tiring and had a nap afterwards!
I've been checking on your 'pre op' thread, you seem very organised, you will be fine when it's your turn.
xxx
 
@Ellejay sorry to hear about the meds issue. No real advice to offer re meds but I have used a hottie on my thigh when it got painful - quite high up and not near the knee. The other thing I do is actually sleep with the gel pad on the knee with several thin layers of material beneath it so no chance of frostbite. It helps me and is soothing enough to get back off again as it's pretty cold.

I had a friend visit today too, then we went out for a Tree and I crawled upstairs after,into bed and napped for two hours!

Hope you sleep better tonight x
 
Ick on nightmares - I wonder if there is a lower dose you could be perscribed?
 
As I'm on 'take as required' prescription I can vary it as I like, I'll work it out in the end. At least I'm not in real pain at any time, just uncomfortable some of the time. Generally I'm fine during the day. Hope you are ok @TexasTee - when do you stop work for Christmas? I think we tend to go overboard over here at Christmas, most offices seem to close for the two week Christmas /New Year Period, so I think many people will start their break this coming Saturday, and not go back to work until Jan 2nd or even 3rd. Not the poor shop workers,they work right up to Christmas Eve and then many are in again for the big sales on Boxing Day (Dec 26th).
 
Hi Lyn - if I weren't covering for a woman on maternity leave...I would have already started my Christmas holiday! I work for a global company so we never truly close but I get 5 weeks of vacation and another 8 paid holidays so I usually take off 3 weeks at Christmas. Given I'll be out so much in the spring, I decided to stay longer than most...but even so, my last day is this friday and I'll return to work Jan 5.

My knee has been pretty rough so this week I've taken to working in the office in the morning and driving home at lunch and finishing the day from home. Thankfully, as long as I have a computer and a wifi connection, it matters very little where I physically am.

Hope you get the med's figured out...perhaps you just need to start taking them with something sweet - who can have a nightmare after hot chocolate and whipped cream? I can see I'm going to be coming up with all manner of bad habits!
 
Ha! I must have been writing when you posted, great minds, apply chocolate, how can that not go well?!
 
Double Ha! I have the hot chocolate as well as the chocolate buttons.....if I believe strongly enough?.......
 
@Ellejay. Hmmm choccie or pain meds? Which worked best? Of course, you can always get away with the choccie anyway as it has lots of iron in it:heehee:
 
Back
Top Bottom