Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Thanks @nana moon, I'm so sorry you are in such pain, hopefully a good nights sleep will help. I can really empathise with your pain,I remember doing my Christmas shopping, before my op, with gritted teeth, knowing that I just had to get it done. The trips to the gym were really horrid pain wise, but it has all paid off and I seem to be moving in the right direction. My new knee was beginning to complain today, so I was sensible, and just stopped and iced and elevated. If things don't get done I'm sure it won't mean the end of the world.
Sleep well dear friend, xxxx
 
Deffo Ellejay it isn't end of world that is.heralded in.by.an ogre ooooiops

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin - oh Scottish one, I am needing an interpreter to understand your posts these days. :)
 
Oh errrrrr I agreed that it wasn't.the.end of the world that things.didn't get.done. tThen I.said.that the end of.the.world is heralded by an ogre and I am an ogre hence oops. Hope that helps

Legin THR Sep 14
 
We have to remember that this is an international forum, with members and guests from all over the world, who also maybe having difficulty understanding your posts @Legin

Apology to @Ellejay for derailing your thread :)
 
Understood just sometimes tthumbs go faster than my brain. Also.sorry @Ellejay

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thank you @Legin - may I suggest that you refrain from using the term "ogre" as in different cultures this may be interpreted in a negative way. You are a valued member of Bonesmart and your posts to other members are supportive, however sometimes I cannot understand the meaning of some of your words, such as the term "ooooiops" and "errrrrr" :)

Many thanks :)
 
One day for fun, I will write in pure Australian Indigenous - then @Legin and yourself @Ellejay will need the Australian dictionary to understand my posts.. :)
 
I can do pure scots or pure geordie and throw in some french. Hmmmm as regards ogre thing its something been with me for many years but will reduce but I know some like having their own shrek. I can't lose my ooooooooooops its me problem is big thumbs on weee tablet . Oh plus lacking in intelligence. On magnesium post at present I eat most of those listed I cook all.from.fresh.no jars of sauce allowed. Should I.look.to supplement .

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Well done you Nigel (yes, I figured out your name :)) on cooking from scratch, I am impressed! How are you going to cope cooking with 9 folk for Christmas, that is a lot of time on your feet. Can you delegate to your girls? :)

As far as supplementing with Magnesium, this is something you should discuss with your GP.

I am more interested in what your surgeon has indicated about the nerve damage?

Ok its a deal, drop the "ogre" and maybe not as many "o"s and "Eeers" and I won't keep looking up my Scottish dictionary. I don't think for one moment that you lack intelligence! - bless you!
 
I have cooked from.an early age. As for crimbles it just organisation oh and a range 2 ovens and 8 burner rings. See once you get my way of thinking it was easy to get my name. I worked with some of the most err unpredicable young people in.scotland for well many years and learned that keeping interest going helps. Also hence the pointing out my faults.
Surgeon basically said it happens. Had Neurophysiology assessment. Prognosis is could take a year but only.60 % chance of full recovery. oh @Poppet and sorry Ellejay for using your thread.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I've just returned from having the staples out. It stung a little, the nurse said that it was because I had healed so quickly the staples were in quite deep. The body is truly amazing, to heal so well in just two weeks after quite savage work was done. The wound all looks really good, very clean, not at all swollen. The OS popped in to look at his handiwork and was very pleased with it/ me. I did ask if I could relax a bit over the TEDs, I'm sure last time he said I could stop wearing them at nights after two weeks, but he said no, I'm to wear them full time for the whole six weeks :tantrum2:.
Anyway, I have steri strips now, I'm to keep the wound dry for three more days, then....I can have a bath :bath:, oh, just the thought of it sends me into raptures. Did you ever manage to get in/out of the bath
@Nana moon 27 ?
 
I was same re healing over staples. Still lots good.for you. Try to avoid TED ooooops. I don't bath have use of a fine and dandy watering can well shower. But bet you can't wait .

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Ellejay

That is still another goal to achieve getting in the bath. However, hubby being a plumber, when he odd our bathroom the last time, fitted a shower that had inbuilt shower jets that can be aimed where you like. It's brilliant.

Personally that bath is calling me x I will wait until I feel up to it and just go for it x x.

Oh I felt for you about the staple removal. After my first op, I had them removed with no problem. After the revision, ouch they stung and a couple bled.

I'm glad you're healing so well Lyn. It's great to hear. I hope that you get a good nights sleep.

Catch you later

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi @Ellejay, stopping by to see how you are doing. Glad to hear those staples are out. Skin sometimes can heal quickly around the staples and you feel little pinches when the staples come out. My doctor uses steri-strips so they just fall off in the shower and the rest were taken off by PT. I am a big baby so that worked for me. I meant to tell you when I stopped by before that I love your new avatar. Lovely picture of yourself. I am glad you are doing well. Isn't it wonderful to be able to soak in the tub. I know exactly what you mean. I love my baths. So happy you are progressing well. Keep up the good work and great healing and enjoy those baths!! :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
All these things about bath just jump in loch its errrrr bracing

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Ellejay - glad the staple extraction went well. I just had steristrips and a waterproof dressing so was spared the pleasure - but know I would have been the same as you as I always heal around stitches before they are removed.

Oh my - the TEDs - I wore mine for the whole 6 weeks 24/7 as instructed. Yuk yuk and double yuk. I was forever hauling them up and resorted to wearing dresses and skirts as they just rolled down under trousers. I removed them 1 day early for my 6 week follow up and it was bliss. I felt I was walking on air. Good luck with them Lyn - I got through several pairs as I was forever putting my nails through the top to yank them up.

As for baths - you know my view on those - almost as bad as TEDs! I have to be really ill to think of having a bath. My husband loves them though and slinks off for a long hot soak every day.

Well a day of present wrapping, fridge loading and last minute washing and ironing awaits. Must go

XXXXX
 
Back
Top Bottom