TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

@SuperSnapper is right you look fabulous x by the way next to the green arrow that points left is a little square. This saves your draft if you press it after you've written some text. It's very useful xxx saves losing your posts x

Glad you're ok x please don't over do it. Enjoy your time with your friend instead. Anything else can wait xxx

Love Ann xxx
 
@Ellejay glad you are sleeping. this med schedule can be hard to figure out, especially with a foggy head! In my short recovery period, I have found that taking my strong narcotic (oxycodone) does not give me the same pain relief that tramadol does. If I take Oxy at, say four, I then take a tramadol at six in between doses. I have been trying to get it right for the last six days and this seems to be the best at keeping the high levels of pain at bay. I do often sleep through the two hour tramadol meds at night and I really notice the difference in the am! Here is hoping we are feeling less pain by Christmas Day!
 
I will definitely second that @kvhundley,, I will nip across to your thread to see when you had your op and to see how you are doing, xxx
 
Love the hair - you look great. Do you think maybe you need to set your 'how do I look today' bar a little lower???
Hope the thigh pain settles down, I didn't have that. did you have it before?
Just got our CCC book & think we might return to Garangeoire, do I remember reading that you are returning too? We could have a reunion 'knees up'!
Have a great Christmas - enjoy being looked after.
God Bless x:tree lights:
 
Love the new 'do! As to knitting, I have no lofty goals of creating anything specifically, I was just hoping to have something to do with my hands. A plain scarf would probably be the maximum of my ability!
 
That's all I can knit these days @TexasTee @Ellejay when my son was very young I knitted him a Thomas the Tank engine jumper. I was so excited that I'd been able to follow the pattern. It had taken me six months! He was so excited, except the hole for the neck was that tiny it wouldn't go over his head at all. Somehow (no great surprise) I'd messed the neck up. We were both disappointed. In the end I bought him one x
 
My knee is two weeks old. Last night wasn't too bad, I was in pain and restless until 3 this morning, but then slept until 9, so I can't complain about having six hours sleep.
My daughter insists she is doing EVERYTHING for Christmas, but I'm hoping to do a bit of baking today to get started. She is working nights this week until Wednesday, so I don't know when she thinks she will do it all. If I can get a couple of desserts in the freezer I will be pleased. My husband is being very good, but is insisting that a walk will be far better for me, I know he's right, I'm hoping to be able to do both - I'll report in later once I make it to the recliner, and tell you what, if anything, I achieved!
 
Hi @Ellejay

Do you a have a stool in the kitchen to sit on? Just to take the pressure off your knees,while you bake.

I'm chuffed to bits that you got six hours sleep. Well done to you x x x

Going to Christmas shop soon. Dreading it. I'm so tired and that is not helping x I ordered my dad a hernia support off Amazon last night. It's due to come tomorrow. I can not bear to see him doubled over supporting this hernia. I feel,so sorry and helpless x x x x
 
Hi @Ellejay (love the new avatar by the way) - glad things are progressing well for you. You have a great attitude and your husband is such a great asset to your recoveries. It's bad when you keep waking at night, but just take the sleep when and where you can and you will remain feeling human.
Auntie Dogwheels thinks your husband is right - a short walk will do you so much more good than standing to prepare desserts. In the early days and for some time after it was standing making supper or when I was making my cakes that made my knee swell. Not during, but after, so take care. I can see you making the desserts and then getting your legs up that wall!
Just had an awful start to my day, came downstairs and was just giving hubby a good morning hug. He had a mug of tea in his hand, we both stepped away in the same direction and the result was a cup of tea all over our beautiful silk Persian carpet in the hall. Have been rinsing, dabbing and smoothing for the best part of 45 minutes and got through so much paper towel. Fingers X'd it will be OK.
I have both my Christmas cakes to marzipan and ice today. I am hoping to drive into town an hour before the shops close in the hopes of being able to park then - I walked in, shopped and then walked back with my daughter yesterday, so hopefully will take the easy way out, late this afternoon. Only want a couple of things for my daughter that she commented on yesterday. She has a stack of stuff already, but ................................
Enjoy your day Lyn
XXXXX
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @dogwheels @Ellejay

I want to get my girls an extra something. They've been stars this year for me. I would have been lost without them. I've still five presents to buy.

Yes a short walk would be better really although if she had a high stool that might help.

Oh my goodness silk Persian carpet and a cup of tea, oh dear. I do hope that it cleans up x x x

Lovely to hear from you love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxox
 
Hi Ellejay don't go overdoing it I know it's so easy to.Feeling better thank goodness we have 10 people for lunch today but everything is ready just waiting for our guests have a good day.:kittychris:
 
Be careful today - I know made by Mom is the best but consider just buying a cake from the bakery, this one time? I'd hate to see you set back by something avoidable...
 
@Ellejay. Have you got a "Cook" store nearby. We have them up here and their desserts are lovely. Worth a try if you don't feel up to it. I'm being remarkably cool over Christmas this year. It's an act but what else can we do?

I have overdone it a bit today, have to admit it. All 4 grandkids came round this afternoon and we've played various games. The two boys helped decorate the tree! It's not quite as I'd do it but they had loads of fun! The floor is covered in bits of mince pie! Mr P is tidying up now they have all gone.

Now I have my leg up with ice and am not doing anything else today. What's that noise ?- it's silence ! Bliss.

Happy Christmas everyone
:treestar:
 
I hope you managed to park ok @dogwheels and got all those little extras for your daughter. Isn't it so much easier to buy things for daughters than anyone else (well, apart from three year old grandsons). I feel really guilty, there's so few parcels for my darling husband, and he deserves the most, and an enormous pile for my daughter, because I know that most of the time, if I like it, so will she. How is the rug now? Can you still see where the tea spilt? How can something bad come from a lovely good morning hug, that's just not right.
I'm afraid I didn't have the walk or the baking session. Just wrapping the last few presents has wiped me out. I know I can buy the desserts, but I've bought the ingredients for these two recipes - a chocolate torte and a ginger cheesecake- that I really want to make, I've go a few more days.
Did you find your last few presents @Nana moon 27,
I hope lunch was a big success @yiayia3, I hope you didn't overdo it.
Enjoy the peace and quiet @SuperSnapper - 4 grandchildren must be fun, how old are they?
 
Hi @Ellejay - drove in at 3.45 and parked with ease, although none of the Pay and Display were working - all run out of tickets I expect. Tra la - a freebie hour! I knew exactly where I needed to go and what to get, so ran around and got John Lewis, Boots, Rymans, M & S Clothing and Food done in 40 mins. As I have been busy today I thought I would cheat and get an M and S Ready meal. Huh! All the Christmas food was out and there was hardly anything.
I know what you mean about it being easy to buy for daughters - as an only one, mine always does very well. The way I see it, there will come a day when she is with a partner or husband and it will be awkward to spoil her like we do. So I make the most of it now! Husbands are difficult I think, but thankfully mine wears through his sailing gear and equipment quickly, as it really takes a pounding every week throughout the year. Although I have got him some little bits, books and gadgets and stuff - I am unable to wrap or even bring his gift here. I have had a new sail for the 2015 season made for him at the sail makers. You cannot bend these particular sails and we could only just fit it into my Range Rover with a squeeze to take it to the boat. As they are hideously expensive - that is more or less all he has got.
Still have to pass judgement on the rug. Thankfully I had some distilled water so we flushed it with that a couple of times and blotted ad infinitum. It has been propped over chairs today, and I have smoothed the pile every time I have gone past. Tomorrow we will give it a good vac and if the stain is out, I may use my clothes steamer on it to lift the pile. Fingers X'd. The Emiratis all told us that they improve with wear - but I don't think tea was factored in ..... although I am sure the odd bit of coffee and date must get spilled!
Hope you manage to get your desserts made - if not, don't fret pet!
XX
 
Hi @Ellejay so pleased you took it easy today still early days,the lunch went very well very old friends so nice and casual,last couple left at 8pm so now resting in bed.@dogwheels hope your carpet is o.k have a good night.
 
Hi @Ellejay

I'm glad you got some rest today. I was a wee bit worried about the ODIC. Thank goodness you haven't. I managed to get a few more presents. We are taking the two grandchildren to a shopping centre out of town tomorrow. I'm a bit wary. The non TKR is driving me crazy with bad toothache through the morphine, the right one has swollen up. So I'm icing and elevating x x

I hope that you get a decent nights sleep. I have to tonight. Tomorrow is the last day I'm going near a shop. I don't really want to go but I need a pressie for my dad x xx a nice one x x x

Sleep well Ellejay, you're doing so well x x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Back
Top Bottom