Guest viewing is limited

THR Early Birthday

How's our favorite, billy, doing?
Congrats on graduating PT. I hope you're doing well with your routine at home.
Hernia surgery in two weeks...you'll have to keep us posted on that.
But for today.....Happy Two Month Anniversary!
Hope you're doing, or cooking, something special on this milestone date.
Have a wonderful week! :wave:
@59billy
 
It's hard to think of it as a milestone. Everything just seems so gradual.

I tired myself out yesterday, checking out the property lines. I firget tgat i need lits of rest. Today, I haven't even been outside!

The only pain I've had lately has been sore muscles, not really even pain, just, well, soreness.

Been trying to catch up on everyone else's posts, but it's pretty overwhelming!
 
Happy anniversary buddy! Keeping up with everyone's post...........boy, good luck. That will wear you out in no time. So many new hipsters on here too. Hard to remember that we aren't the only ones! :rotfl: Hey seriously, take it easy with yourself. I'm feeling kind of back to normal too, but we aren't really 100% yet so get that rest!!! :yes:
 
Four month mark was my biggest "Eureka! I think this actually worked" time.
And you still have a hernia surgery to get through.
You are going to get through this and be so happy!
And We will be Really Proud for you!
Hang in there!
 
That Energy Drain can certainly hang on for a time, Billy.
Taking it slow, listening to your body and allowing it time to heal is wise.
I hope you have a relaxing week as you continue healing.
Happy Monday!
@59billy
 
Funny thing about the energy drain. Long before the surgery, I was tired a lot. I get solid sleep, maybe 6 hours on a good night. Then add work, 2 kids and all their sports and other activities and boom! Tired.

So, the energy drain post surgery is kind of masked by my experience boring tired anyway. What I mean is I can’t really tell the difference. If I’m tired, I’m tired and I push through. Now, if I’m feeling it in my hip or anywhere on that side in the muscles, etc, I realize that I’ve pushed too much. But luckily everyday stuff doesn’t hit me.
 
Was wondering when I’d find you. @59billy Sounds like you are doing really great. Hope your hernia surgery goes really well and recovery is quick and easy.

There are so many wonderful people here. Hard to keep up anymore. If I loose your thread again, will be thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery.
 
It's really nice to just step into my truck, right leg first, like a normal person. Before the surgery, I didn't have the range of motion, and after the leg was too weak, so it took an awkward dance to get in. A small thing, but encouraging. It's becoming hard to remember how pathetic (dare I say "lame"?) I was before!
 
Put your right foot in...take your right foot out...
It's the small things that made the biggest impression for me, too.
I'm a little hokey, but no longer pokey!:heehee:
 
Got my surgery arrival time: 9 AM Monday. Pre-op tests are good. I'm feeling pretty gosh darned impatient about the whole thing at this point. The hernia didn't seem like a big deal when I was crippled and drugged and so forth, but now I want to do stuff!

I've been mowing the lawnpasture and doing more and more taking care of the chickens, but I can't lift anything heavy until 3 weeks after the hernia repair.

Think I'm gonna avoid doctors for a while after this!
 
Think I'm gonna avoid doctors for a while after this!
Gosh, I know the feeling! At least you are almost there. Get this done and a bit of restrictions for a short while. You will soon be on that mower again (can you come and do my property? :heehee:).
 
We'll be thinking of you on Monday, billy.
I would imagine you are somewhat frustrated as this has stalled your recovery.
Only three more weeks.....let's get this show in the road! :yes!:
Keep in touch and let us know how you're doing...
@59billy
 
We'll keep you in our thoughts on Monday and send good, healing vibes so you can get on with life. Glad the hip is coming along so well.
:thumb:
 
:wave:All the best mojo for all to go easy peasy tomorrow...taking it easy once again, and then getting on with your summer!:yahoo:
 
@59billy, best of luck tomorrow. You'll be so happy when all of this surgery aggravation is over!!! I hope Sweetie will be standing by your side during this recovery as well. Pop in when you can and let us know how it goes, we're thinking of you! :yes:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Only one more sleep for the fix then in 3 short weeks you'll be taking the billy show on the road. Yay! :happydance:
Let us know how you're doing, we'll be waiting for a :thumb: That's all we need, just a lil ol :thumb:
We can wait longer for all the details.
Wishing you only the best tomorrow, billy!
@59billy
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom