Guest viewing is limited

THR Early Birthday

@59billy, best of luck tomorrow. You'll be so happy when all of this surgery aggravation is over!!! I hope Sweetie will be standing by your side during this recovery as well. Pop in when you can and let us know how it goes, we're thinking of you! :yes:

She'll be there! And this hospital bdies a great job of keeping family members updated, so hopefully it won't be too stressful on her.

Good luck buddy! You’ll be back on the riding mower in no time!

Just in time for the heat!

Only one more sleep for the fix then in 3 short weeks you'll be taking the billy show on the road. Yay! :happydance:
Let us know how you're doing, we'll be waiting for a :thumb: That's all we need, just a lil ol :thumb:
We can wait longer for all the details.
Wishing you only the best tomorrow, billy!
@59billy

Should I post pictures? Sometimes it looks like an alien is about to burst out if my nethers.
 
Hi billy :wave:
Just logged on, what a nice first post to read!
Good to read surgery is behind you. I hope you're resting comfortably.
@59billy
 
So... My insurance Co actually tried to deny my pain meds. Took the surgeon's nurse and the pharmacist an our to bludgeon them into compliance. Not long enough to be a problem, but still.

Slept about 14 hours. I feel great, except for the "lost a swordfight" aspect. I'll definitely be following the stay ahead of the pain advice!
 
:wave:Billy!
Glad to see you are on the forum...sorry you had to deal with fighting for your meds, however.:sigh:
feel great, except for the "lost a swordfight" aspect.
:dubious: So love that sense if humor..:loll:

I'll definitely be following the stay ahead of the pain advice!
Hope you get lots of healing rest!
Take it easy, friend!
 
@59billy glad to hear you're home and surgery went well. Bites that we have to fight with insurance companies and such. Hope you have a speedy recovery and get plenty of rest.
 
One week later, billy....how are you doing? We're waiting on an update :bored:
Hope you're feeling strong and rarin' to go. Sweetie's getting bored with all this Recovery biz :yawn:
Time to rock and roll. Some fun plans for the 4th maybe?

Kidding aside, I hope all is well and with the latest behind you you're feeling stronger each day.
Hope this week is a good one!
@59billy
 
Hey, Billy.
How are you.
Back to chasing chickens yet?
I cleaned out my sister's chicken pen for her the other day...and her Rude Old Rooster chased me!
She has Silkies. The ones with the fuzzy feet and the screwy hairdos.

Hope you are feeling better!
 
Things are going pretty well. Been doing a wee bit of yard work, and more of my chicken farmer job. Sweety has really gotten into taking care of them, so it's more like I'm her helper now!

@Mojo333 I've got a Rude Old Rooster who might get sent to Freezer Camp if he doesn't learn some manners soon.

The hernia recovery is good. Less pain than I was led to believe. Plenty of swelling, and bruising that came on later. It looked worse than it felt, so no complaints.

Back to cooking -- did a ribeye roast this week, salmon fillets last night. Beef short ribs and lamb breast in the fridge
 
So good to know you are recovering well.
So are you the GrillMaster for 4th of July yummies?
I have huge rack of ribs that BIL will be in charge of...though there are pop-up thunderstorms forecast so :shrug:
I am the Fireworks Captain so I am really happy I can run again!:snork:
After some close calls, all minors I are restricted to the porch...or they can sit on tailgate with motorcycle/football helmet and goggles.
My great niece donned said motorcycle helmet and swim goggles last year.
We did look like crazies!:heehee:
 
Glad you're back to tending the chickens and cooking, sounds like you're well on the road to recovery. Awesome! You and Sweetie have a great Independence Day! :yahoo:
 
Hip surgeon: for best recovery, get plenty if exercise.

Hernia surgeon: for best recovery, avoid exertion.

Me: I'm gonna take a Norco, drink a Monster Zero, and just see what happens.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom