THR Early Birthday

You need to let this last surgery heal up well, I imagine not a lot of choices about overexertion :umm:
At not quite three months out from THR, you aren't hurting a thing by having to slow up... except perhaps trying to avoid that over stiffness that is normal when we chill out alot.
Bet by next month you will start to feel more normal.:dancy:

Energy drink and opiate...I get the humor... but for those who may want to try this at home...NOT recommended. :no-fin:
 
Had a nice walk today. The riding mower needs servicing, and the hardware store where I bought it is nearby, such that I could drive the mower across an unused field that belongs to the owner of said hardware store, right into their back lot. Less bother than trailering it, and the walk back is basically an easy quarter mile. Hip seemed to like it.

The new surgery is healing happily. Post-op checkup for that is tomorrow. Can't wait to be cleared for real life!
 
How convenient is that! You got your riding mower in for repair and snuck in some exercise too.
Wishing you all the best with your appt tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.
You know we love hearing the good stuff :)
@59billy
 
Just dawned on me it's someone's special day.
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
The appt you have tomorrow should have been a clue, but I'm slow. It took me looking at the list.
Hope you're having a good one. Three months already.....woohoo! :happydance:
@59billy
 
@Layla I had forgotten, too! Probably good to remember. Not that far out.

Tomorrow is about the hernia. I'm looking forward to asking about some symptoms, like bruising on my thighs that didn't show up until a week after. This surgeon is great about answering questions, no matter how trivial.
 
Hey @59billy, good to see you checking in! Congrats on the 3 month anniversary :cheers: I hope all goes well for you tomorrow. Pop in when you can and let us know! And p.s. I can't believe we don't have a lawnmower emoji! Hmmm, that leaves the usual---->>>:chuck: Take care!
 
The groinocologist appointment went well. He said I'm healing well, and was surprised at how little pain I had. He said it was one of the more difficult hernias he'd done because it had progressed so far. My exercise regime for the next month or so is basically walking a lot - which just happens to be the Official Bonesmart Hip Recovery Plan.

Long walks in a southern summer - what fun!
 
@59billy I had my first THR in July and ugh!!! I swore never again and went for February this time......at least I got a couple of months of walking before summer hibernation in Florida.:groan: Happy to hear the "groinocologist" approved of your progress, but is there really such a thing as a groinocologist? I can't believe I just googled that and ok, I really shouldn't have done that!!! :blush: :rotfl:
 
@59billy I'm showing my age but Archie Bunker used that for Edith's "female" doctor :rotfl:
Hope you can get some walking in today and keep up with your good recovery!

I didn't want to have to explain to the kids about Archie.

Made my first feed store trip since the hip surgery today. Seven assorted 50 pound bags of stuff now sit in the truck under a tarp, because I'm not allowed to lift more than 10. Poor sweety gonna have to put it all away later. I'm trying not to feel guilty, which is just silly.

Three more weeks!
 
Seven assorted 50 pound bags of stuff now sit in the truck under a tarp, because I'm not allowed to lift more than 10. Poor sweety gonna have to put it all away later. I'm trying not to feel guilty, which is just silly.
Three more weeks!
:wowspring:Ouch, gotta love that Sweety! Maybe grill her something special for all of that! :flwrysmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom