THR Early Birthday

My BIL has scoliosis and feels the same way.
I was lucky enough to have most of my lower back issues resolved with new hips.
Few lingering SI issues as I do alot of lifting and loading fairly heavy boxes with my job.
I find movement without added weight is great at keeping me limber and less creaky.
When PT wants to add resistance...I find my joints don't like it.

Last edited:
@59billy back surgery is definitely not for everyone and a lot of times just makes it worse. I was lucky, had a great neurosurgeon that only did the bare minimum on my L5/S1 to stop the disc from moving and pinching nerves every time I bent in any direction. He was straight up and told me it probably wasn't going to make me pain free but would stop the damage that was being done to my nerves. Unfortunately I still see all the ads on TV making back surgery out to be the best thing since twist off beer caps! :rotfl:

Don't know if you've ever tried acupuncture or not but if you find a good one they are worth every penny. Take care!

Hey Billy,
Thought of you today after sweet SarahBee left an update on her progress. I'm hoping you get alerts so you'll stop by and we can hear how you're doing. You're coming up on eight months already which seems unbelievable. We'd certainly love to read an update from you and wish you a lovely Christmas and a fab 2020!
Hope to hear from you...:fingersx:
@59billy

I feel like I've been awfully lazy about updates and such. The hip itself is healing well. I've been working on clearing the woods behind the house - lots of walking, dragging, etc. The new hip is performing as promised, and the elderly muscles seem to be catching up. ;) Overall, I feel more capable thanno have in years.

The bad news: I seem to have developed a hernia on the left side! Not a huge surprise, because inguinal hernias are apparently a birth defect. I kind of think that both hernias were sort of masked by visceral fat until I lost weight over the last few years. So, I'll make an appointment with the groinocologist for after Christmas.

So, 2019 was hip and hernia, 2020 will be hernia and back. I have no complaint, it's just a matter of catching up.

Had my annual checkup, and all the internals are good. I guess my healthy diet outweighs my tendency to drink a bit.

Thank you all for your concern. You give me one more reason to work toward good health!

Thanks for the update, @59billy
I remember your "groinocologist" :heehee:, love this moniker.
Sorry you have to get back to him...I'm sure dragging limbs has been a struggle with the hernia (and back) but I do love to play in the woods!
I also remember you were hard one to convince to take it easy...but, Take It Easy:) :-) (:

Hi again :wave: thanks for the update, it's great to hear from you!

Being lazy about updates usually means one is doing well, feeling renewed and back engaging in life without pain. :yay:

I'm sorry you need to see the groinocologist :heehee: again soon, but you know he can FIX YOU UP. :)

It's nice to hear you're in good health aside from the hernia. Let us know how you're doing once that's been addressed and until then, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and all that good stuff! :wink:
@59billy

:xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon: Hope you are doing okay, wondering if you have been able to get hernia taken care of?
Wanted to wish you a happy new year:new-year-toast-smiley-emoticon:

Hope you had a great holiday and wishing you:
:happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:

Hey ya :wave:
Hope you had a nice Christmas.
Wishing you a Happy New Year too!

:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:

@59billy

Happy One Year Anniversary, billy!
I hope your recovery continued to improve since we last heard from you four months ago.
With any luck you’re staying safe and well as we globally traverse these crazy days together.
We‘d love to hear from you if you if you receive a notification and have time to update.

Wishing you a Happy Birthday also...a day early. I noticed your thread title and realized your birthday is tomorrow.
Take care and stay healthy. :)
@59billy

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties