TKR Doreen’s Post Op journey

Doreen’s Post Op journey

Got my tens unit on. It’s working but not sure if the best set up...ideas?

Napping is good for you! :sleeep:

I loved those first adult steps! That is a great big step up those steps!

Decided today I needed to get something done. Went into office and made a list lol then sorted more paperwork and worked on the computer a little bit. I made a cake, took a shower and now resting. Will go to moms assisted living and take her some supper later. Am planning on going to church tomorrow :)

How did you make out after your busy day?

I am whooped!! The walk was way more than I thought it would be and of course my left knee is horrible and now we get to ice both (eye roll). It was good to see Mom. I really miss her. Mostly due to the Alzheimer’s and other issues I have with brother but can’t confide in her anymore and have no one that really gets it so it’s me and God working it out thru all of my stuff now. Sat and did puzzle with her so sitting at the table for about an hour along with the walk was plenty.

I’m glad you spent time with your mom. My mom had Alzheimer’s too.

I used to love to do puzzles, but I can’t anymore due to arthritis in my neck and spine, all that twisting to look at it just hurts too much. I did find a nice little puzzle app on my phone that I like. It’s little but better than I thought it would be!

Just go to church tomorrow, no place else, OK? You’ve had a big day today and you should rest most of tomorrow.

Have a Blessed Palm Sunday.

Church was great. I was missed and that is special <3 I told them in 8-10 weeks I’d be doing it again lol

I got home and icing my knee and Mom called. Thinks she left her keys in the car. She didn’t. She loses them often so I didn’t panic just walked her thru to finding them which she did. I’m supposed to go back later and have her walk the dog. Depending on how I feel by then. The rest of this day I will be in my chair.

It is good to get out to see and mingle with others! It is uplifting !

My mama had Alzheimer, too, The last couple of years she didn't even know me. It hurt so much. Many times I wish I could have called her and ask her how to cook something or what to do about a certain problem. I lost her years before she passed.

Doreen, you are really doing well for less than 2 months out. You know the routine, rest and ice after activity!

Thankfully my mother never asked who I was, though I could tell there was no recognition. She was sweet to the end.

My mother didn't know who I was as her dementia progressed. She was a sweet little old lady, but she didn't seem like my mother any more. It is sad.

I’m not taking as many pain pills but when I do it’s two at a time (Tramadol). Feeling a little more alert and doing a little more housework but about the time I feel like doing another area the first one is a mess again (eye roll) so still no “fun” sewing yet. Resting, icing and elevating and watching Heartland lol

It’s frustrating how slow this recovery takes, but you’re coming along. As I’ve said before, it was months before I could sew anywhere near comfortably.

@Jockette. I have been busy...dishes, desk work and leg is swelling. Not painful but can see the swelling. Guess I’m done for the day lol

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022