TKR Doreen’s Post Op journey

I think it’s been like 10 weeks since my left knee and am doing better. Still some swelling and soreness. My thighs both are painfywhen I get up or sit down. My scar is super sensitive. I am doing more like sitting in my office, baking but still lack of energy and motivation. Trying to “do it anyway” if it’s small or doing things in small steps.
 
It sounds like you're doing well. At 10 weeks, some lingering swelling and soreness is completely normal. I didn't get my full energy back until after 12-14 weeks, and still had some soreness for a few months. Nothing major, but still it was there. It gradually went away too.

Keep adding activity gradually and listen to your knees. So far, so good. :friends:
 
As Suzy said, it took me longer than 11 weeks to gain full energy. I went back to teaching part time at 12 weeks and spent the afternoons/evenings resting. It’ll come back though, just give it time.
 
Back
Top Bottom