Guest viewing is limited

TKR Doreen’s Post Op journey

@Jockette...I go sit in my sewing room and try and put some papers away and quilt something but only a couple straight lines and knee swells and then it’s back to my chair. Ice and elevate.

Last night my tummy was very sick. Not feeling great today. Canceled PT for today but have dr 6 week ch close tomorrow. Gonna chill in my chair and watch Heartland.
 
It was a long time before I could sit at my sewing machine comfortably. Not to mention all the “sit to stands” involved.

Keep resting, you’ll get there.
 
One thing I’m wondering about...on the side, towards the back probably the ligaments not sure but it is a very painful area to touch or rub. Will talk to the doc tomorrow about it. There are lumps there. Any ideas? Normal? Should I be concerned?
 
I had painful places all of my knee area. Letting your doctor know tomorrow will probably let you know whether it's OK or not. Do the lumps move?
 
I had an absolutely horrible night last night. To say my leg was hyper sensitive is an understatement : ( Going to the dr in a few minutes. Looking for to some answers.
 
Dr visit went well. He said not to worry or mess with the lumps. He d/c’d my PT. We talked about the high pain and he said the nerve block just didn’t work for some reason and he will do it again but with a different dr. He will also start me out in the higher pain management. We scheduled the next dr visit to discuss and schedule my left knee. I know it will be ok. He also said that I could use my tens unit and to put it in the top of my thigh and let him know how it does. Since I also have fibromyalgia the nerves flare for no reason and calm for no reason so this might be a good thing. Gonna try it later while icing and elevating. Ah such is life.
 
I’m glad your doctor is coming up with a good plan to address your pain and needs. I’m assuming the contraction means he discontinued your PT, in which case... Yay! You can do all the exercises you need on your own.
 
@Mutti3, thank you for the clarity. I'm not and the majority of us on here are not in the medical field, so we are ignorant of these type of abbreviations mean.
 
That is so nice your PT is discontinued.
You will do fine on your own. Movement is good, so is rest. You’ll find a balance that works for you.

At my 6 week check up, where my surgeon had been able to push my knee to a 116 I asked if I could stop going to PT and he said, “But we haven’t finished fixing you yet”. I had found Bonesmart by then and knew it wasn’t “them” fixing me at that point, but my body healing at its own rate.

I started saying no at PT more often and even boldly cancelled some appointments and got what I called an honorable discharge a couple of weeks later.
 
I am starting to move around more and more. This morning my Bosco had a poop accident by the door and hubby stepped in it. He cleaned himself but left the messy rug to me...SO I cleaned it up and then swept and swiffer mopped the bath and kitchen and didn’t kill my self (or him lol)
 
Well done!

Now take it easy, I hope you are sitting with your feet up right now! Let your knee recover. I’m sure you’ve learned that sometimes the knee waits to get us back for doing a new and different activity.

Even if there are no repercussions at all, you still want to rest a lot after an activity at this point.
 
I also went and got blood work done and had a bit of walking and then I did a little more by walking out to the car instead of having hubby pick me up. Been kinda “washed out feeling” all day
Took a nap in my chair and then got up and went to take a nap in my bed.
 
Back
Top Bottom