TKR Doreen’s Post Op journey

You are so right about cats! But, I wouldn't have it any other way! I firmly believed they helped in my recovery. If they hadn't needed me, I probably would have sat around a whole lot more than I did. At times, I did too much, but being cats, they allowed me to rest more than a dog would have.
 
My sitting area has all of that plus my Polar Bear Cube, a box of Tubigrip bandages, scissors (to cut Tubigrip) earbuds, Tylenol, and laptop. LOL
 
Yes, we definitely each have a nest!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Doreen’s Post Op journey


My table area. My three tier cart full of coloring or stitching or who knows lol everything in reach.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I went into my office today to get some clear space. Did some shredding and a little putting away. Trying to get to my sewing machine but when I was done I was drenched in sweat. Kinda having the blues today too. Just feel crappy.
 
Rest, elevate, ice! The three mantras! Your nest look nice and cozy.
 
I love your nest area!

I’m sorry you feel crappy today. I kind of feel like that, myself, today.
 
I can’t seem to ice or elevate enough or something. Today I did some quilting. Tried to rest my leg up on an old computer with a pillow on top. Couldn’t stay like that too long. Ended up just bent and on the floor. Swelling I know. But I quilted and had a little bit of mental health therapy. Ha! After PT today I will rest, ice and elevate and watch the Cubs game.
 
I have had a very hard time comfortably elevating if I’m not in my comfy nest, even now at a year. I think my attempts in other areas result in a straighter leg rather then the slight bend in the knee I can achieve in my nest. Elevating at my dining room table, using the same ottoman, always became painful rather quicky. Thankfully I can now sit at the table with my feet on the floor. But that took a while before it was comfortable.
 
I had everything needed in a big Longerberger basket with a handle. It was easy to pick up and move To the bedroom.
 
At PT yesterday told him we needed to be gentle cuz my knee was swollen and in pain about a 7. He did some soft tissue massage and iced. Told me to ice more this weekend and to just do my daily things. I sewed about 20 minutes, made a quick breakfast and am icing and elevating. I will hand stitch and watch tv. Maybe nap lol. I have to go out later and see that my mom walks her dog or I may walk her idk but that is the extent of my day.
 
I’m very happy that you have a good PT. It makes me sad to read about people who are brought to tears. Sounds like you’ve got a good day planned. I don’t do much either.
 
My day is consisting of rest on watching Inspector Maigret on Amazon Britbox. All week I cooked big meals and did dishes every day for my company in spite of having a bug. Company is gone and my family can darn well take care of themselves today. I only got about four hours of sleep so no one better mess with me today. I may even break out some wine....in the middle of the day!
 
I have to go out later and see that my mom walks her dog or I may walk her idk but that is the extent of my day.
It's too soon for you to be dog-walking. I hope your mother will do it.
At this stage of your recovery, your knee and its needs must come first.
 
If you're elevating in a recliner, be sure to have an extra pillow under your leg so you're elevating high enough. Napping is good.
 
I have to go out later and see that my mom walks her dog or I may walk her idk but that is the extent of my day.
It's too soon for you to be dog-walking. I hope your mother will do it.
At this stage of your recovery, your knee and its needs must come first.

Yeah it’s. It much dog walking. Mostly making sure Mom has Bailey out for her last outing. Her other caretaker was out of town for Saturday and Sunday evening walks. I wS kinda glad just to be able to get out and see Mom. She has beginning to middle Alzheimer’s.
 
I have to go out later and see that my mom walks her dog or I may walk her idk but that is the extent of my day.
It's too soon for you to be dog-walking. I hope your mother will do it.
At this stage of your recovery, your knee and its needs must come first.

Been doing lots of icing and resting this weekend. Kinda bluesy today...no gumption again even to hand stitch. I did sleep well last night after taking 2 Tylenol pms. They help a lot but I’m tired the next day.

I go for my 6 week check up Thursday. Am probably gonna schedule my left knee.
 
When I was 6 weeks post op I was still very tired. I have always had energy on the lower side, so this surgery knocked me more for a loop than maybe some other people.

I had a twin size quilt that was done before surgery and just needed the binding sewn on. I do that by hand. I did manage to complete that but had no joy in doing it.

I am finally beginning to enjoy sewing again. I’m one year post op and moving around my tiny sewing room and all the “sit to stands” from the chair at the machine are much easier these days. :loveshwr:
 
Back
Top Bottom