THR DONE!

My early posts had me whining for Josephine and stressing over that burning...it did subside with time.
Glad things are improving!
Have a nice Sunday @Thesoutherncook :ice:
 
Last edited:
Thanks @Mojo333 ! I am sure I will look back and wonder why all the whinning! :oyvey:I'll just be happy to fast forward to that day! :eyebrows: Meanwhile, the success for today is that I got myself into bed last night! Log leg is subsiding and I was able to get in at bedtime and middle of the night without help. I'm sure DH appreciated not having to get up!
 
No, you aren't whining...you are bemoaning - possibly.:whistle:
I was SERIOUSLY whining:bawl:

Yay for giving your indentured servant a reprieve:heehee:
That's what I called my DH for the first weeks..poor guy.
He was really good and I hated waking him...but I think he was more nervous than I about a possible fall.
Yay for these first healing steps...
:yahoo:
 
This is our third rodeo, so DH is not nearly as nervous as during the first TKR! Sometimes, I think he is more impatient than I am for this recovery to progress. No rushing it and we have nothing major on our calendar until Oct ( Italy for 2 weeks!) so, we both need to sit back and relax..... yeah, right! :kickedout:
 
Happy Sunday!
Fantastic news on log leg becoming scarce.
What a wonderful thing you have to focus on when feeling down....Italy.
Never been but would love to go someday. How exciting!
Hope today is a great day :flwrysmile:
@Thesoutherncook
 
Came off? The edges were curling because you were trying to peek!:umm:Tell the truth..:heehee:

Pretty ominous at first look...makes us behave though!

Hope you're icing up and resting well!
 
Wish you a pain free, smooth and speedy recovery my dear!
Mine is still glued on at 5+ weeks....edges are curling up and I'm cutting them off but I figure just leave it on as long as it's there : ) my doc said just let it be and slough off naturally.

I can't believe how many surgeries you've had...what a trouper! This is my first...I've had all my parts up to a few weeks ago and have never spent any time in a hospital...what an eye opening experience and puts things into perspective!

I love love love Italy! The food, the vino, the people, the beauty....all is right with the world when I'm there : )

What a fabulous trip to look forward too! We've planned a trip to San Francisco in August for a 3 day music festival (Outside Lands) in Golden Gate park with friends (hippies at heart)....needless to say I'll still bring my cane as it will be 3 mo's post op to the date and will probably need it (11am to 11pm 3 days straight)! Fortunately we splurged for the VIP tics ~ felt it was worth it to have covered venues, proper seating and the best part....proper bathrooms LOL...thought I might need that : )

Sending you lots and lots of positive healing thoughts today ~
 
Last edited:
Your SF trip sounds fun, too! I was supposed to go to Paris in April but this hip had other plans. I begged for a cortisone inj that did not work, then had to wait 3 mon on the surgery. I knew I could not go in pain, so rescheduled. Paris will be Thanksgiving week. I bought a cute folding cane for that trip ( and probably Italy also!)
called Switch Sticks on Amazon.

I love Italy as well as Paris....hard to decide which is my very fav! A big part is the food and wine! We have several day trips planned that involve both! We'll be in Rome for a week and Florence for a week.

Yes, I am working on Bionic Grandma status.... the knees were much more difficult than the hip, even with this nerve pain I'm experiencing. I have lots to do and no time to diddle around with this hip! Pffft!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Bionic Granma ~
You're just like my mom...she's simply amazing and doesn't let anything slow her down!
So glad your hip is easier than the knees, I've heard that knees are more difficult in recovery ~
I'm going to look into the folding cane, smart to have it with you should you need a little support!

What's not to love about Paris ~ our favorite City in the world :)
It's a tough call between Italy and France ~ both are amazing, hard to choose and why should we?
Sounds like we are two kindred spirits....both enjoying good food and drink! I know Rome like the back of my hand...such a fun City, my husband knows Paris like the back of his hand : ) we love them both!

What a wonderful blessed life you have, and how awesome that you have trips to look forward to!
Sending you beautiful healing thoughts today!
 
Last edited:
1 wk out of surgery! Finally went to see my PT guy ( who I've tried to adopt as we've been through 2 TKR and now THR together. He thought I was kidding when I said I was job security for him! ). He took me off the walker immediately and said not long for the cane! Hurrraahhhhhh! The nerve pain is finally subsiding! Another hurrraahhhh! I removed the bandage Sunday and he gave me steri strips just in case.... but all looked good!
It was good to get out of the house, even for just an hour! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!! :yes!:
 
That's awesome Helen ~ Great to hear!
Better to "See the Light at the end of the Tunnel" than going down in it : )
I'm 6 weeks post op on Thursday and feeling sooooo much better as well as moving really well now ~ comparatively.
Congrats on venturing out, you truly are amazing!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Started Lyrica last night for the nerve pain/burning. Not much change yet, but it probably takes time to get into your system. DH added steri-strips over the glued incision at the suggestion of my PT...just for extra precaution.
I'm so blessed to have a DH who will do these sorts of things without a complaint except one “Yuck! “ when he saw the incision! :angel:
 
Hi Helen!
I hope you get relief from that pain SOON! Can't believe you were in and out in 6 hrs....I agree (and my surgeon does too) that if anesthesia is not an issue...better to be HOME than hanging around in the Hospital with all those awful germs!

This was my first time in hospital...1st time for any surgery...a LOT of firsts for me and I feel fortunate that all went well apart from my little passing out due to the saddle block : )

Good to hear of your journey ~ really inspiring, :) I hope you have a beautiful day!
 
@Jesus fan Hi! Thanks for checking in....you can see my 1 week journey here. I think everything is going according to schedule. Pain is minimal. More discomfort than actual pain. Brain is clearing out of its fog.
And I'm getting around on a cane. Of course, I would prefer to be out lunching with friends, pursuing my interests and visiting my Grands, but that will all come in time.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom