Guest viewing is limited

THR DONE!

All sounds very normal...Yay for getting home!
Log leg...check.
Burning shooting pain in thigh...check.
All temporary...
Georgia is very strict but use what you need when you need.
My OS had no problem reordering but had to be done in weekly increments.
Healing hugs coming at you.
 
Love your new avatar!

That IS drive through THR. My word, you were there for only a dash over 6 hrs.....crazy!
I had to be out in 23 hrs and found that rushed, but there is something comforting and relaxing about being in your own space and not having the constant disturbances.
I experienced the gushing bladder too :heehee: Wasn't cathed, had a pill instead. From what I've read, I'd rather wet the bed than have a catheter placed.

So sweet that your granddaughter watched the animation and prayed for you afterward....precious!
Sounds like you'll have a good caregiver in hubs. Hope you enjoy your book today and lots of comfy naps :sleep:
@Thesoutherncook
 
@KarriB Thanks for coming over to check in!

Day 3 and things are slower today...the Oxy has given me major flushing, so I have switched to Tylenol. I think it will do the trick. At least, I'm hoping so. Flushing makes me feel like I have a bad sunburn on my face! Ugh!

Slept well again, only getting up once for potty around 2am then back to sleep until 6:30. Took Tylenol and Benedryl ( for flushing), iced and slept in my recliner until just now 8:15. I probably would have slept longer but DH woke me for breakfast. I suspect HE is hungry! Lol!

The burning pain down my thigh is the worst part thus far. Hope it soon goes away! The “log leg” is some better and at 2am I was almost able to get back in bed by myself. Now to get the stomach back on schedule. I hate what oxy does to the system. How can people be addicted to it?

Today will be much the same as yesterday...rest, ice, elevate, medicate, walk laps inside. My dear friend will “babysit” me this afternoon and early tonite while DH attends his Trout Unlimited meeting and fly tying. He deserves a break!

Hope all my fellow Hippies will have a good day! Still wishing for that daisy crown! :) :-) (:
.
 
I loaned my dad my leg lifter when he had his THR. I helped getting into bed and when elevating. A towel, belt or scarf work the same way. Enjoy time with your friend, a change is good for everyone. :yes:
 
:hi:Hi
Bathrobe belt is another alternative that I've often heard mentioned.
Hope your day is great! :flwrysmile:
@Thesoutherncook
 
Hope your pain is managed worn just the Tylenol...I also hate the way opiates make you feel...didn't have flushing but just generally made me feel yucky and no appetite.
Unfortunately, I deemed them necessary.. so tried to take with Something on my stomach
I did get on a grape kick..red grapes, green grapes, large ones, small ones...my DH would fill up bowls of ice cold grapes as I became a nibbler, vs a meal eater!

Hope your weekend is peaceful.
Healing hugs coming at you:roseshwr:
 
I sympathize about the Oxy - I'm just as mystified that anyone would take it for fun! For me, the biggest turning point was dropping the nighttime Oxy for Meloxicam and Arthritis Strength Tylenol at night, which cut the swelling/pain without the loopy side effects. (On the advice of my GP - I love that guy!)

So glad to hear you're doing well, Helen. Us tar heels have to support each other!
 
Oh no! I'm sorry. That happens to some on day 3 or 4 it seems.
You're a pro at this though, you'll get through, it will get better.
Prayers for your comfort today :prayer:
@Thesoutherncook
 
That happens to some on day 3 or 4 it seems.
Yep, it happened to me too. Fortunately, it didn't last but a day or so before I felt better - not that that makes today feel any better. Comfort and patience to you, Helen - let DH wait on you like the Cupcake Queen you are while you channel surf and nap when you can.
 
Yep, wearing my “cupcake queen crown” today. Called the OS this am. The nurse sent gabapentin 300mg 3xday and take 2 at night, if needed. She thinks ( hopes) this will be over in a few days. Fingers crossed that the nerves calm down soon. Meanwhile, nothing else hurts. I cancelled PT this afternoon. I'll see them Tuesday. No hurry as the OS said PT is not even necessary. Maybe by the time I get there the bandage will be ready to come off?!
 
Such a shock on our bodies to have a Hip replaced. So much trying to settle down...The first days Can Be so tough.
Wishing you some peaceful healing this weekend.


Glad your pain seems to be fairly managed.
Don't be stingy with the ice!
 
I was told that they put a "cocktail" of meds, including a "Caine" variant in the hip at the time of the op. It reduces pain during the first couple of days and that's why the third day can be the worst. I found that making sure I got up for a couple of minutes every hour helped a lot. It kept things from stiffening up as much. As another survivor of drive thru THR, I'm cheering for you. Just know it all gets better from here!
 
I had the same cocktail, @SaraK Assuming most everyone does. Seventy two hrs...I was informed.
I iced like crazy and didn't suffer much pain. I attribute it to the ice, or the high pain threshold
you and I both inherited from mom, lol :heehee:

I hope you slept well last night @Thesoutherncook and your pain is well managed.
Let us know how you're doing when you're feeling up to it.
Wishing you comfort!
 
I had a “cocktail” aka block with TKR and well remember the day it wore off! Pain level went from 3-4 to 15!
They told me that this time there would be no “block”. The worst pain I have is that darn burning! Feels like when you have a road burn and get into the shower....wozzer! :censored: I've increased the gabapentin (300 mg 3 times day) and the burning is subsiding. I walked without the walker today...just walked off and left it. I think I will be off of it in a few days. I've slept well, only waking up for potty but going right back to sleep. At 4 am today, I asked for ice as my hip was hot and felt swollen. I iced and went back to sleep. I still have “log leg”...so DH gets up to help me back into bed! As impatient as I am, I guess I am doing fine. :ice:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom