Bilateral THR Doing the double!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AndyH99, I am so very sorry to hear about your mother. Please know you are in my thoughts. I know how tough that is.
Also, I hear you about the drug withdrawal. I weaned myself off of Zoloft in 2014 and even though I did it very slowly it was one heck of a process. Not fun at all.
Good luck with your appointment! Sending good thoughts and support your way.
 
Good day one and all,

Another woohoo moment! Lots of them at the moment it seems.

I've seen the OS and everything's fine with both implants, nothing's out of place, the bones starting to take to the implant and all the twinges are expected. Even better - no restrictions, not one - shocked me slightly but I can work with that! I can keep the gentle gym work going and start the stretching properly now, I have to wait till the end of the month before I start to push the gym work but such is life. Sadly they agreed with my GP about an earlier return to work, so end of the month it is, but then I have a plan now for all that time now I'm not sleeping. Let the fun begin!

Have a great recovery day


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
 
That is wonderful news!! You have been so patient and steadfast with your recovery.. now you have a plan to work towards. You will be happily churning away at 60 hour work weeks before you know it!!
So happy for you!:happydance::dancy::beer::egypdance: :curtsey:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow @AndyH99 what a great report, I just read your thread, I wasn't onboard when you started. You are doing fantastic with your eye on the prize! Keep that great healing going and enjoy the remaining weeks before you are back at work. Thanks for sharing your great recovery story.
 
Hi Andy!

I just got caught up on your thread and tell you I'm so sorry that you lost your mom...I know it is quite painful. Please accept my condolences. God bless you Andy!
 
:yay: WOOT, :happydance:Woo-Hoo, and :yes!: about your great no restrictions and 'everything's looking good' update! SO happy for you, @AndyH99!
Here's hoping the next few weeks fly by and you'll be happily ensconsed in work soon. :)
 
Hi Andy, how 's it going? I bet you are busy gearing up to your return to work.
I hope you are well and that you are enjoying some fun activities before "normalcy" hits again.
 
I'm with Cricket, sending out good thoughts for you, @AndyH99. I hope your days are filled with forward progress. :)
 
Hi @AndyH99. I've just caught up on your thread...had to go searching for it, because I hadn't been getting any alerts.
Firstly, my sincerest condolences and sympathies for your loss. Losing one's mother is never easy. But take solace in knowing that she is now with your father and looking down on you with nothing but pride and smiles.
Secondly....my goodness...you sure have been put through the wringer with getting off your pain meds. I am glad to hear you are on the other side of it now and are much better. I can't imagine how difficult that must have been and all the while grieving over the loss of your mom. You are one strong, determined individual.
Thirdly...congratulations on the results of your OS appt. I'm glad that he agreed with your GP about your return to work date. Even though you may be chomping at the bit, take it and enjoy!!!!
I hope you are doing well and continue with the great recovery!
 
Good day one and all,

It's been possibly the quietest week of my recovery, lots of time walking, down the gym regularly, prepping the garden for the winter and in between a bit of time playing with my tech toys. Outside of that life is rather uneventful, I'm even walking most of the time without a stick now - only resorting to it when something twinges or the hips get too tired. I've thought about the site a few times but I've had so little to say or offer I thought I'd save things up, but, erm nothing, all quiet over here, just making the most of the quiet time before I start heading back to work at the beginning of November.

Thank you all for the kind thoughts, I'll keep in touch over the coming weeks as I get started back at work - but - if anyone needs any more info from the stuff I've posted please shout. I'm only a PM away.

Hope everyone is still improving well and having great recovery steps back towards the real world.

TTFN and be back again soon
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not having any news is good news my friend! Enjoy the rest of your time off before heading back to work. I"ve been at the gym and also surprised at how quickly I became a weakling! My glutes, quads and triceps are crazy sore today and I love it!
Cheers! :cheers:
 
Wonderful update, @AndyH99! It's great that all is quiet and serene with you. Sending good thoughts as the return to work approaches. :)
 
Good day one and all,

A bit more boredom and non-event stuff in the life of my recovery. Three days now doing normal stuff from shopping to gardening with no sticks, no pain killers and limited sleep disturbance. The only big thing is I've finally ordered my home gym, along with a number of nice new toys so at last I can get back into the fitness habit a bit more seriously. All good prep for restarting work in a very short while.

I hope my fellow smarties are all healing well. Have fun & also have a great recovery day


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
 
Hi @AndyH99 just a quicky from me, glad and happy news you are getting back to normal. When does work start?

I have been in Cheshire area the last 3 days and had man I mean lady flu the weekend and was actually off sick monday. But have now potentially infected everyone up north....I did try not to, but the lady I was shadowing / training started sneezing loads today...whoops.

Keep up the good healing. Do you still have numbness in you outer thigh area?

X
 
Hi @Suzette

In theory I start back on a phased return on the 2nd so not long now. Fingers crossed nothing goes wrong. As for pains, I have a couple of small numb spots on the front and side of the hip near the incision and only minor pains around the same area with some occasional fiery shocks down the bone into my foot but they are very rare so I ignore them & they will go away.

I hope your work isn't bringing you down too much and some fun opportunities present themselves.

Have fun


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
 
@DeepBreath so far we have a rowing machine, power cage, weights, punch bag, skipping rope and plyo bands. Sad thing is the gym itself doesn't turn up till next Friday - lol. Hopefully the sledge hammer, old tyre and exercise bike will turn up after its built. And yes, the house is a little like a gym atm - I so look forward to getting started properly at home again. No more heavy stuff for me though, just fitness, toning and only a small bit of crazy to make it fun on occasion.

On a recovery note, I unloaded the lorry today when all the kit turned up, so lots of shuttle walks with 20-40kg in my hands and no, I repeat no, pain, aches, twinges or anything. I will wait and see until tomorrow if anything turns up but if it doesn't I might just start to believe I'm back to normal!

Fingers crossed


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom