Bilateral THR Doing the double!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day one and all,

And so the updates get even more uneventful . I've finally been signed off to return to work, so next week the fun and games starts again; let's hope there aren't too many surprises! In other news the shed for the gym turns up tomorrow, rain allowing, and I can start the next stage of strengthening and fitness work. Outside of that I'm enjoying my time watching the trees turn beautiful shades of amber, red and gold; you just have to love Autumn.

Have fun, heal well and remember it's a journey not a race.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
 
you sound great! good luck with the return to work. I am enjoying my autumn walks, here, too.
 
Hi @AndyH99 great recovery, i bet you cant wait to get that gym put together.

Make sure you don't over do it, it sneaks up on you, am hoping to get the steroid injection on the 26th Nov into the bursa on my right hip. Ooh It hurts, although like you say, ignore it and it fades away again. It's the constant butt throb that drives me mad along with the knee cracking. I need to strengthen the quads and stretch the IT band and piriformis a bit, gently.

I hope your back to work isn't too much of a shock. Are you going back as a phased return?

Let us know how it all goes x
 
And now for something completely different...,,

Something that hurts, made me laugh and serves as a good reminder in my humble opinion. There was I, all ready to start fitting out my shiny new gym this weekend when my hips and surrounding muscles decided to remind me I'm still healing - was I lifting something heavy, no, was I pushing it hard on the rower or bike, no, was I even just shifting awkward stuff around getting the gym setup, nope, not even that. Somehow I have strained my hip flexors and tweaked my piriformis by getting up out of a desk chair!! Don't ask me how, and no, I hadn't been straining any time in the previous day or so otherwise I'd be kicking myself. Sadly this has echoes of me putting my back out by lifting an empty cardboard box, one of those things in life that reminds us we are human.

All will heal OK in a short while and I'll get to sit a lot at work next week but I thought it might give a few of you a small smirk for the weekend.

Have fun & heal well


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
 
Ouch! Hope that's just a momentary hiccup along the way. And remember, no lifting empty boxes when you go back to work on Monday!
 
I thought it might give a few of you a small smirk for the weekend.
Noooooo! More like an ouch moment! I had major muscle spasms and piriformis issues post LTHR. It can stop you in your tracks! Ice and gentle hamstring stretches helped me. Hope things ease for you quickly!
 
How mad is it when we tweak something by doing something so simple and normal. Try and rest it, as you dont want to be where i am in a few months time. Waiting for an injection.

Reat up and your gym will be ready in no time x
 
Oh, @AndyH99, I'm sorry to hear about the strain. Isn't that always the way? I threw my back out once by bending down to get my hair dryer out of the sink cabinet.
Sending good vibes that your discomfort is short lived and that you're back to the gym organization soon!
 
Hey @AndyH99 ! How are you feeling today?? Any relief to the flexors and piriformis?
A good reminder for us all to be verrry verrry careful. Sigh
I hope you're enjoying your weekend, regardless.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Ice, gentle stretching and time spent sitting on a tennis ball have helped a lot, normal service will resume shortly - or - when the chocolate runs out.

Have a great recovery day


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
 
oh No Andy
I definitely hope you are feeling better... Im just actually fixing to join a gym here so I can get back in shape... thoughts with u my friend...
 
Good day one and all,

First couple of days done at work, absolutely knackered and just want to sleep. TGIF !!

More to follow once I wake up tomorrow

Have a great healing day
 
Hi let us know how your doing. I had massive problems keeping my eyes open after about 2pm when i went back to work.

Are you doing part time hours x
 
Wishing you well on your back to work schedule. It is amazing how we go from our pre op selves to substatial recovery then back to norm. Sometimes it suprises me what we have done. All the best!
 
Good day one and all,

Well, I'm feeding back into work and trying to get used the hustle & bustle again, not to mention the politics and procrastination. So far, baring the tiredness the only thing that's a problem is I caught a stinking cold after my first day in. Apart from that I'm nigh on normal and taking great delight in shocking everyone with how well I'm moving and the fact that I look taller now I can stand upright - so all good fun - just wait till I get them down the pub and let out all the gory details.

The gym at home is all set up and ready to roll come this Friday when the electrics are installed. Hopefully the cold will be on the way out then and I can have some real fun.

It's rather strange, it feels like I'm coming to the end of a story now and soon I'll have to put the book down and start another.

Take care one and all and have a great healing day.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
 
Sounds like you are doing just great @AndyH99 . Well done! I do hope you will keep in touch. Success stories like yours do help newbies trying to make that difficult decision to move ahead.
 
@AndyH99 - I just wanted to thank you for your postings. I am scheduled for BTHR Dec 10 and have been reading threads from those who have forged the path before me. Your posts have been really human and real and I wanted to thank you for them. I cant wait until I am at the stage where I can "put this book down and start another"! I will keep reading (literally and figuratively)for now though...wishing you all the best and hope all your books in the future are wonderful.
 
hi @AndyH99 It's great to hear about your progress and look at you! Taller, indeed! I enjoy seeing people who haven't seen me post op.. gosh, someday it will be mundane again but I will still expect those grand greetings.. hahaha
I love how you put it about putting the book down and starting a new one. So eloquent and true.
I am at 7 weeks now and actually did a session ( massage) yesterday. It felt great but I am not tempted to overdo it just yet.
sorry about the cold.. other than that, you sound great. Take care!! :happydance::yay::flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom