Guest viewing is limited

Doing Right This Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
bottomshollow, You are so right. I have to get a ride to camp. Then i have to decide what to do with the dog. One of my biggest concerds about camp is I am so concered about overdoing it up there. But I need to get a change of view , just for a while. I don't care if I don't get anything done. It would do me wonders to just get away. So we will see. Take care and have a wonderful weekend. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

RestAssured, Thank you for sharing. I do know what you mean about pain medicane. When I get my car which I can hardly wait. I will be abele to start going for just little rides and start building up my strenight. The good news is I won't drive when I am under the influence or hurting. Since it is my left that needs to be replaced, I will be able to drive. Everyone have a wonderful weekend and take care. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Oh Tashia;
I too, wish you could get a doggie to snuggle you.
I have 3 labs, and they have been so wonderful to have around. Makes these 4 walls seem alive.
My daughter had her tonsils removed on Thursday, and the little one (40#), Maggie, had to be pryed from her side. Same thing today. I'm in bec next to her, and Mags is in between us.
The other 2 are on the floor.
If you have the means to, go to a shelter and give a pup a home. You are a wonderful person and you would make a pup so happy. He/she would return the favor!
Sandy
 
I going to get a older dog because where I live puppies are not alowed. My last dog was older and they come house broken and tag, fixed and that stuff. All they need is lot of love. This week I will call the surgran to see were I am on the list and then camp to see if I can have a ride. If camp can't happen a dog I will get this week if God is willing. Take care and have a good weekend . :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Tonight feeling even better. Think I got on top of it. Going to start a diary on what I am eating and when. I think part of my trouble is I'm not eating right which happens when I am in pain. I sure seems simble but I sure have paroblems during it. Everyone please stay safe if you are in the midwest of the US. You are going to have lots of people praying for you but please stay safe and be careful. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Happy you are feeling better and getting a handle on your pain. You stay safe yourself. Sleep tight and have sweet dreams, Tashia. I'll check on you tomorrow. Judy
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

bottomshollow, thank you for the note. I am up in early morning waiting for my pain pills to kick in. I was sleeping so well then woke up and knew I had to take something. I love a whole night sleep but some nights its not in the cards. Thank goodness for this sight. You can come here and post or read so you can use it so I don't feel so lonely. And if I don't make sense this early its ok. It is really cold tonight so need to turn up the heater so I can stop hurting. Good night again. Do take care and be careful. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
I am really getting scared. I sleep the whole day. I mean I was awake for just a couple hours if that today. I know I am having some discomfert bit I shouldn't be that tired. I afraid I am going into a depression. That is not good. I am taking every eight hours so thats not it. Please give me feedback.:doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Sleep the whole day. Am I going into a depression. I am really scared. I am taking medicane every 8 hours. I rally need feed back on this.:feedback::doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

One of the side effects of pain pills is grogginess. When you don't feel well, you tend to get depressed especially if you are staying indoors a lot. I went crazy with cabin fever when I was stuck at the hospital for 16 days. It is natural, and it will pass. Look for something you like to do and try to focus on it instead. I watched a lot of comedies and started laughing a lot. :biggrin:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

When I'm awake I look at sewing. I know I am scared about the surgrey but then I want to get out of pain also. Getting out of the pain is number one and the only way is to have surgrey. I am very concered about going to camp. There is lots of walking. But at least I will be around people which would excellent. I also need to get my car up so I can get my flowers on my patio. Now I am starting to seetle down. It was scary knowing I sleep all the day away. I know take a day at a time. and if that doesn't work, break it down to minutes. Thank you. Please stay safe. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends: I see that you live in Texas. I know some ruff weather is coming in the Midwest I don't know about Texas. Please stay safe.
 
Started feeling better. Maybe I need all that sleep. My pain has really decreased. Also started on the quilt that I need to do for the quilt quild I belong to. I found some fabric that will go with it so I'm started to come up with something. I relize that I haven't talk to surgical nurse yet because if I do, it will be so real. Right now I don't want to deal with it. Right now I need to get my van up so I don't feel so isolated. Today is a day of doing my list and start working on the top. Just doing one or two things a day. Everything will fall in place. Thats all for me right now. with all the weather please stay safe. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

feeling better. Tried to make peace with the fact that I am only half way there as far as knee and hip replacements are concerned. wish I had both hips done and then this would be the last. However with the tummy pain, it really drained me. Now that I know about it, I will keep a eye on it and so will my doctors. so this is very good. I hope that my car gets here soon so I can start playing. at least start building up my driving so I can drive for a while. Really looking forward of getting my apartment all done so that also will be finish. I was thinking its been ruff not be settled. So enjoying my sewing room. well I am sleepy now so I must need a nap. So will write more later. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends: Everyone who lives in the midwest Hang in there. I know its ruff right now, But do know I am thinking of you and hoping the best for you. Stay safe and be careful.
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Tashia. Sometimes I sleep the whole day and it's because my body is SO tired. This has been happening less and less fortunately.

You have good stuff to look forward to: car and aooartment. That should keep the spirits up!
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

PooShay, Thank you. You are right. I have not been sleeping then when I did I panic. mmmmDoesn't make sense does it? This to shall pass. Everyone take care in the Midwest take care. I do know you are having a ruff time but hang on. We are thinking of you. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Glad you are doing better - sometimes we just need that little extra sleep - but don't let it become a daily thing - get outside and enjoy the little things and keep yourself busy!!!! You CAN do it!!!!
 
I did that today and it does help so much. Trying to stay busy is hard. When I hurt it hard to concentate. Tonight my feet hurt. I wish they didn't hurt. I thought I had it solved but I guess I haven't. this pain is so tiring and its hard to be positive to do something; When I stared this i didn't have the know that it was going to be years. This stated in 2010 and still going. But its the hill I have to climb wheather I like it or not. There is a possible of needing to have a hip after this so its tiring. But you have to do what you have to do. I like your saying "Taking back my life=one step at a time!"
Take care and stay safe. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Well i thought by getting new shoes and inserts my problem would be solved but I guess it has't. My feet aren't as bad but they are score and my knees are score too. I will start massages and acuputure. I need a break so I can enjoy doing things again. Feeling :hairpulling:about this. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:wacko:
 
:feedback: I am wondering if I should have my other knee checked to see if its ok. My right knee replacement was done in 2010 and has been painful most of the time since then. Just before my hip was done 2011 it had stopped hurting. Now that the surgrey has happened in the hip it has been very score. At time 8 and higher. Now I do know that my left knee needs to be replaced so its possible that the right is trying to take care of the weight but the right is very stiff and score most of the time. It also is swollen most of the time.
when the right was done I did everything wrong. I walked on it way to soon without using walker, or cane. I talking almost 3 weeks after surgrey. i also did not do good pain control what so ever. Now the x-ray show that it is ok. But the fact that it is still very score, I wonder if something is wrong. Also after the surgery both knees got infected but was able to be controlled by month pills. What I am wondering that since I am having my left done should I look into having my right seen by someone else to make sure it doesn't need to be redone? What does anybody think about this?
The though of having both done at the same time is overwheming to say the least but if something is wrong with the right one and would need surgrey wouldn't it make sense to do both at the same time? The fact that it is still score does alarm me to say the least. I do know before I had the right one done my left knee hurt also so I do know the other knee tries to make up for the one that is the worse. But the fact that the right sometimes hurt more than the left does make me wonder about how good is it. I don't want to have my left done and then a couple months later find out that I need to have to have my right redone. Just thinking out loud. What does anybody else think or have they had the same problems? Everyone stay safe and and take care. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Hi Tashia;
Please don't worry about pain meds. When they are no longer nescessary, your body will wean itself off of them. It is the folks who take these meds for a 'high' or for any other reason than pain, that go on to have issues.
I have been on meds for almost a year (bad knee AND bad back), and I notice that if I am relatively comfortable, I don't medicate. Of course, then I am "behind the 8 ball", and have to play catch-up.
Keep up the good fight
sandy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom