Guest viewing is limited

Doing Right This Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been doing lots of crying. My knees are really on fire. I want just to get back to life. Staying home is so depressing. I need a ride to sewing and the people in charge won't give me a list of the people going. I keep trying and nothing happens. I really want to go even if I don't sew, just to be around people would be great. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

My pain has gotten away from me again. Going to the doctor won't help me I just have to ride it out. Feeling very down. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
jerseychick, I am taking my pain meds, I am elevating. Sometimes icing works and sometime it doesn't . I getting tired and this is really scary. I know pain can wear you down. But i also emotional feeling can get you weak. So I been on rollycoaster for over a couple of years because of knee and hip replacement plus just life. I wish it would stop picking on me just for a while. Just to give me a break. I hope to have my car in a month. It will help to get out into the world. In fact I'm thinking of getting my van up and running so I can ge going. I just won't be able to take it out of town. Have to be smart about this. I've also thought also of getting a dog to lift my moods. They are so joyful. I wish I had my date but I am getting scared. I know this is normal. But its so real. Everyone take care. Feeling are just feeling wheather right or wrong. :no2:Tashia:doggieshmooze:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

PooShay, I did take the meds. Now right now I think I might of gotten on top of it. I am really having trouble finding balance. All I seem to do is overdue it. Also I wore the wrong inserts in my shoes. ow. Thanks for caring. Take care and stay safe. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Tasha,

Please know that you are not alone! A lot of people read your thread but they haven't been where you are. You have been through so much more than most of us can imagine!

Besides the icing and elevating and pain meds one thing that I find relaxing when I am hurting, is a warm shower with my shower chair. I let the warm water gently run over my knee and it feels so good. I also listen to uplifting music and keep in touch with my friends. I hope you can get transportation; I have found that the walls of the house close in very quickly and will depress you! :hate-shocked:

Take care,

I care about you and feel free to PM me anytime you need someone to talk to. Please don't think you are in this alone:friends:
 
Sorry you are hurting Tashia. Rest is best! I know you are tired of hearing that but your knee is unhappy and you need to get it settled again. Hang in there!
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Got to go out for lunch and got to talk about sewing . It felt so good. Everyone have a good weekend and in my case try to stay dry. My car will be here about a month. I will try to get my van up so I can get out more often. I know that will help greatly. Having some fun going thru patters so thinking of making a quilts that's just fun. Not sure want but just fun. Still fighting depresion but a little better. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Thank you guys. I am having some trouble getting it settled. However it is getting better and that good. I do wish I could wave a wond and everything would stop hurting. But the weather is real nasty right now and thats not helping. Jaycey, I know I need to rest but it sure would be nice to have a dog to cuddle up with. Really thinking about it now. They are such uplifting creature to have around. We are having lots of rain and had a torrnatto south of me. Nothing big like you are use to but big here. I can't even spell because its so unusual. But it did do some damage. I feel so glad I don't have a house to worry about. I am really nesting. It feels so good. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
I know how you feel about having a dog around I live alone and if it were not for my two pups I think I would have insane by now. They are a great joy even though my Lab tries to drive me crazy.

You are a member of the BoneSmart family now and we are all here for each other. Praying all goes well for you
 
Tashia have you thought about getting a cat. True they are very different from dogs. But cats are a bit less dependent on you. My two are such good company when I am feeling a bit down. :cat-kittyandsmiley:
 
Jaycey, My daughter has asked the same question. And my answer is you are right they are more independent but I love the wet nose and wagging tail. I had a cat as a child and I found that it was great but a dog is what I ended up with. However that doesn't mean I won't get one. I do get stuff up when I am around them so we shall see. I have also thought about getting a tank and raising fish again. The apartment does alow a 50 gallon tank. The bigger the tank the less work they are. So we will see. The problem is you can't pet fish. When I watch fish I forgot the world and the problems they are so relaxing. My daughter has both fish and cats. So she put on her fish tank Cat TV. The cats watch the fish for hours.:th_heehee:Both don't get harmed but the cats keep watching the same channel all the time.:hysterical::doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Well here I am waiting for pain pills to work. I need to take more during the day. I am hurting in my left hip. I don't need this I need a good night sleep. I haven't been sleeping good lately. I know this will pass, i have a phone appointment today and so I will have more meds. The rain is really coming down and that does't help. Well I might as well do some reading. Take care and stay safe.:hate-shocked:Tashia:cry4:
 
Tonight I feel a little better. My tummy is a little unhappy. I just want my life back. I/m so looking forward to getting a new car and being able to live this apartment. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

My knee that is done is a little score because of the weather. But it does happy so don't be concered about it.:doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Well it even later and tummy even better. feeling better have better attitude. Hope everyone is well. Take care and stay safe.:doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

All is better tonight. My knees are better and so are my feet. Really took a easy today. Finally had a good sleep. did have tummy pain but during the nap it went away. Everyone stay safe and take care. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Hello,
When you finish rehabbing that left knee you will be on top of the world! No more pain! Freedom to get out and live life to the fullest.

God will take care of you, and don't worry about the pain meds right now. When your body is truly in pain it knows it needs them. When the pain starts leaving your body will start forgetting to take them. Three knee surgeries later, and I am living proof as well as probably 99% of the members of BoneSmart. :biggrin:

I leave 1% because I haven't been on this board from the very start!:th_heehee:
 
Hope you got yourself a good night's sleep, Tashia. Please be good to yourself. Take your meds, rest when you need to, and try, try, try not to overdo.

And maybe you should go on and get the dog you want--I think you're alone too much and that makes you sad. A furry friend could make a world of difference in how you feel.

We care. Judy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom