Guest viewing is limited

Doing Right This Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Tashia, glad you started your own knee thread.

Yes, you know what you need to do this time. And better yet - you are part of the BoneSmart family. We will be here for you every step of the way.

Suggestion - why don't you ask your OS for some sedation so you don't here anything during the surgery? I certainly wouldn't want to see or hear anything and most would agree. Just ask this time. You will be very comfortable in a nice cozy sleep through it all.
 
Tashia...you are much wiser now and I have no doubt that you will do a lot better with your knee. We are here for you too!!!

Just take one thing at a time. Right now, you need to focus on getting the rest of your house set up and a car. The fewer of the loose ends hanging, the better!!!
 
Even though I have been though it once, I don't like surgery.
You mean you think other people like surgery? Oh come on now! :th_heehee:
The surgeon .... did a sattle block which was ok but I did hear the saws. Didn't like that one bit.
Make sure you tell the anaesthetist you want to be OUT COLD for the entire operation. He will make sure you are.

What's a 'sattle' block?Never heard of that.
 
Could your surgeon do the operation while you are under general anesthesia? I had all three surgeries done that way, and I am planning on having the forth done in the same fashion!

By the way, I am not crazy about surgeries and recovery either,:wink1: but I am excited about the new life that it will bring!:yahoo: I love exercising now, and I am so ready to do more with a knee that doesn't pop out.:yes 4:
 
@Josephine: [Bonesmart.org] Doing Right This Time Saddle Block
A form of anesthesia in which parts of an individual's body that would touch a saddle if the patient were sitting in one are numbed, which include the buttocks, perineum and inner thighs. A local anesthetic is injected into the spinal canal to perform the procedure

FYI Judy
 
Oh we would call that a pudenal block. As used during childbirth episiotomies.
 
Thanks, I needed a good laugh. Its true who does like surgrey? :th_heehee:I will take care of the noise. I do hope I have gotten wiser with experience. I do have moments of fear then I tell myself, You have been here before, so you are going to be hear again. The one bid disappointment is I wanted to get a dog soon, Now I just don't know. I really miss one so much so we will see. I have a week planned up in the mountain, sewing with my sewing buddies. And at sunset we watch the sun go down. What a wonderful way to get away from it all. No tv, no phones, just good food that get fixed for us and good sewing buddies. What a way to go. Hope to have all things done for this operation. I almost have all my apartment done. I am getting my car from my daughter who has offered her car to me. So will have to work this out. Even she knows how I hate to get new cars. The car I have now is gotten so many problems I will donate to the Cancer Society and hopeful it will help more people become Cancer Survior like me. everyone take care and have a wonderful weekend that is left. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Ah, Tashia, you've had so much going on in your life. So happy for you that some things---your apartment, a much needed car---are coming together. Your planned week with your sewing buddies sounds like such a good time for you. And you deserve it!

If you need another surgery, make plans to get your dog after that as your reward for being such a trooper---it will be something to look forward to while you are recovering.

Take care, keep us posted. We care. Judy
 
bottomshollow, I agree and disagree and this is why. My dog passed away while I was waiting for a hip replacement and so I told myself I would wait. I had a very ruff time of being lonely because I live alone and not having people or dog around me. If I keep putting it off, it could be over a year because a hip replacement is also coming down the road. I need to get the date of the surgrey and if it is three to four months, I will get a dog before the surgey so I can take it for walks after coming home. At least thats the plan right now. A dog is good company and a excellent walking partner. A older dog is waiting for me. I get rescue dogs and they come house trained and with all their shot and no puppies. They just want love and you can give that no mater what. . A dog also takes your mind off pain that I am now having with the knee. So we will see. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Gee, Tashia---I was thinking "puppy" which would really be difficult --- but I think its absolutely wonderful that you are looking for an older rescue dog. And I agree that that would be perfect for you. So as soon as you are able, you go find that big fur ball of love and bring him or her home!

Take care. Judy
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

This weekend was really quite. More than I liked but at least the pain is going away, That is good. Stiff from so much sleeping but sure needed it. I hope everyone had a good weekend. Need to do some house work but not much. Everyone stay safe. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Judy, The apartments that I live in won't let anyone have a dog younger that a year. A puppy is just way to much for me. I need something that is mellow but lovable. My dogs live for a long time so it doesn't concern me getting a older dog. My last dog was a gift from Heaven. I have been wanting a dog but I don't want to compair the dog from the last one. She was with me and helped me through Cancer and Right knee Replacement. I don't know what I would of done without her. We will see what is waiting for me when i go. I want around 15 to 20lbs dog. I also like long hair dogs. I love to rub my finger thew there fur. Giving love is free and I've got lots to give. Everyone take care and stay safe. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Tashia,

I am so glad that you will be getting a dog that is older and house trained! My husband knew I was missing my dog that had passed away after 14 1/2 years. Well, he bought me a dog that had been a kennel show dog and eventually a mommy. She was never house trained and she suffered from separation anxiety. I was dealing with all of this right after my first knee surgery. I couldn't take care of her so she bonded with my Mom. The next dog he bought me was a puppy for our anniversary and it so happened that my 2nd knee got infected from surgery about that time so it was difficult to take care of her. I was determined to bond with her though, and I did.:biggrin: She is mine, and the other one is mine as long as "Grandma" isn't around!:wink1:
 
Tashia. Seems we all suffer from pre-op anxiety, even if we've been there before. From your posts in th recovery forum, I see that you have learned a lot, and I don't doubt that you will apply where needed! Hope you get your date (and your dog) soon.:doggieshmooze:
 
Thanks so much to talk to me about your dogs. They are so unbievable good friends. I almost have the apartment ready for the new member. As for the date I will call this week and tell them I will like to be on the list to be called if someone cancles. Today I found myself very nervous over thinking about what coming up. Must stay in today. Even though I have been down this road before it still causses lots of anxiety. I have found that trying to stay busy is my solution but my knee hurts so I must take it easy. The swelling on both legs did go down this weekend and the pain is also less. I have so much truble with balance. I haven't told my daughter yet. I will tell her when I get the date. No need to upset her for something I have no control over. I do sew and I am going to try to get it started this week so time will go faster. Everyone do take care and be safe. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Found out this week is going to be lots of rain. With the pain I was having I could of told that. I will have to make sure to keep my knees warm. Still trying to get my car arranged to be delivered. Wow I can't believe how things are coming together. Really cool. Everyone take care. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

You too Tashia, sounds like you have everything under control, and long may it last!! Hope the rain goes away and the sun shines on you, its so much easier to cope when the sun is shining isn't it. :friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Aretha, Thank you for hoping the sun will shine on me. It looks like it going not to be until this next weekend. Its good because we need the water. Tonight I have finally got my pain under control on the left knee. Boy it took along enough. Being in pain is so trying. The one thing concernes me is how much I am needing to keep it under control. I need to percet every eight hours. Hope now that I have caught up on my sleep and got a handle on pain, I won't need as much. My other knee is trying to make up for the left knee so we will see. Everyone take care and say safe. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends: This should of been in Pre-Surgrey Ok well
 
I have been busy trying to calm down my knee. I had some company and it is so hard not to over due it. Now the knee is calmed down I will try to keep that way. I am going to call my surgrans office and have me put on the list to be called if anyone cancel to call me for that date. I have't told my daughter yet so she doesn't know yet. I thought I would tell her after I got the date. I found myself waking up and feeling very anxious tonight. I know there will be more. Just have to ride it out. I was hoping to start swimming to help relive my stress, will have to check it out with my doctor. Am concerned on how much pain pills I am useing to stay out of pain. I do relize that I am might still be in recover for my hip replacement. So that also will have to be checked out. I do know staying out of pain is very important so will do what I need to stay out of it. I don't want to get caught in the circle of pain. If anyone who is new to this site and is the frist time for replacement there is a article that talks about it. Please check it out because it is so important. Well that all for me know. As I said this time I'm going to do it right. Everyone do take care and stay safe. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
well today was not a good day. I almost missed a doctor appointment. Was late but not bad. After that feel asleep and my left knee woke me up becasue it was really hurting. Nothing like a good cry. Ended crying again tonight. I think I am going into a depression. I sure all the pain had something to do with it. Everyone take care.:doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom