Guest viewing is limited

Doing Right This Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Hi Tasha, shoes had to be ordered in my size and should arrive maybe Wednesday. I haven't even been down to the store as I know the ones I want so I've just phoned the store and asked them to get them in.
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Campevan, Had a very lazy day. You will love wearing the new shoes. I even got new inserts because the old ones were also broken into the old way I walked before the operations.. I have hardly hurt real bad since then. I do have feet problems so that doesn't help but in all I really am pleased with the new shoes. There is a brand of tennis shoes I like that I got in Seattle and I am so tempered to get another pair. Untill now I haven't been a computer person so joining this group was really new to me. However I am now getting use to the internet and when I joined BoneSmart, I was so pleased to say the least. I have enjoyed meeting people from all around the world and making new friends. Do take care and stay safe. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Glad you've rested and are feeling better, Tashia.
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

So I bought shoes yesterday and it made a difference I wish my doctor would have pushed that idea harder as I prolly wouldn't be where I'm at with pain besides the obvious pushing myself a lot harder than I should. I do concur shoes are required after surgery. I'll be changing my shoes out every 6 months now just to play it safe.
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Sparkinak, Isn't it something so simple could be missed? It is very possible that some of them don't know about it or just don't think to tell you. My foot doctor knew about it, But I only see him when I am having problems with my feet. I'm glad it help. I have found that nurses are full of information and we are so lucky to have them here. Take care and be careful:doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Today I went shopping today and got food in the house. Boy was I getting low. Had no trouble with the walking but when I got out of the car after coming home my knees really hurt. I had my new inserts on and also my left foot hurt. It caused me to get really down. I do know the inserts are putting my body at a new angle but I was very surprised that in such a short time my knees were at war with the new inserts. After taking the shoes off in time my knees got better. A horrible feeling came over me " will I ever be able to drive again?" I will not drive with pain pills in me and the thought of never driving again made me have a good cry. One of the reasons of getting my knee done was I could get off pain medicane so I could be able to drive again, so say the least I really felt depressed. Now with the pills I am pain free but then I remember my other knee is going bad and so what do I expect but to be in pain. My right leg with has had both knee and hip replacement feel on the average great but the left is not good. Well I have got to stop putting it off and have a xray done on my left knee and hip. :cry4:Well thats for now. We are really having a rain storm so everyone please be careful and take care. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

After reading this thread I looked at my old shoes and realized how out of whack the left shoe is in every pair. I am fortunate my son works at an athletic shoes store and I asked him to replace the Brooks he got me last time, which were the best thing that had happened to my screwy knee. Since the old ones were so worn he brought me home a new pair (and now they also come in a new color) so I can start off right when I am ready to do any walking or spend any time on my feet without my lovely walker.
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Pleinair5, If I was you I would use them when you walk with the walker. Why I say that if you are wearing old shoes now you could make yourself hurt. I wish I had gotten new shoes right after surgery. So I could of gotten my recovery sooner. Please take care and stay safe. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Today I did more on my apartment and I am in trouble. I hurt my left knee which was going bad anyway. I popped out of the socket so :hairpulling: I hope it not too bad but I need to get out of denal and get it looked at. I have company coming and I don't have the time I don't think to have it looked at. :arghh:What a mess. Well it is what it is. My other right side with the new replacements are doing great. I hope I didn't hurt them two. My sewing is almost ready to start to sew and make my quits. Must ice and then take nap. Everyone take care. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:cry4:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Oh Tashia - you really need to take better care of yourself ! Hope you're feeling better soon !
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Tashia.....I'm sorry to hear you have hurt your knee. The knee joint doesn't have a "socket" so what probably happened is that your patella (knee cap) got a bit off track. That can happen sometimes and it can be very painful for a while afterwards. You are right to do the icing and elevating. Take some type of pain meds too as long as it's hurting. Hopefully it will not happen again.

It is time to have that knee looked at. Please consider making an appointment now....company or not. It will take a while for you to get in to see the doctor anyway and by that time your company will likely be gone.
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Give yourself a few days or a week of steady "feeling good" before you change anything. You know there are so many ups and downs in recovery, you want to be sure you are really at the point to cut back.

This is really solid advice! Recovery is very much like a roller coaster ride and it has many ups and downs! I would wait a while to see if you are truly "out of the woods"---better to be slower to drop the meds than too quick in pulling the trigger.
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Thank you everyone for caring. This was a close call. The whole leg really got swollen. After doing what you are surpose to do, it is better. And yes I am making a appointment tomarrow. It will be the first thing I would do because this was really scary. Too close for comfort. The knee is still tender which I do expect for a while. Now that the bedroom are switched, I can go into the one room and look and all the sewing stuff and dream of starting to sewing. I will put it off for a couple of days because I have to sew with my legs down and that will not be good. I finally feel like I am home. What a wonderful feeling. Home Sweet Home! Everyone take care and stay safe. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Hi everyone, Guess who really over did it yesterday. I got so tired that I am having trouble with sleeping but Home Sweet Home! I can't belive how much it has improved my mood. Everyone Have A Great Day! :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Please take care Tashia, we are thinking of you, and really praying for the time you will be making your quilts again in that new sewing room of yours.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Tashia :friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

:yes 4:I just finished the pain series. Boy that was long. I think it was worth it but it was a long drive to the class. Since I am not a morning person I found I fleet like I was back in school. Trying to stay awake. Each week they covered part of conic pain. Like you need to accept it. Then Balance, Medication, Support from others, exercise, sleep and one more but can't think of it. Some of it was good but some of it was common sense. But I do have to admit it was good to have a review on what I had learned. The HMO that I belong to will follow me for a year to see how am I doing. They have found so many people have it so it needed to be addressed. Most of the class was on back injuries. I feel that pain is pain and they needed to address it in general way. Like maybe knees and hips? Oh the other one was on breathing. If you are in pain you need to focus on how you are breathing and take deep breaths. The rest of the year is to use what we learned and go to a deeper level. With pain it makes sense. Now every days are mine. They have classes not only in morning but afternoon and night. Well thats enough from me. Everyone please take a easy and stay safe. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Thanks for the update Tashia, sounds like the course actually gave you something back, and something to think about, and now you can actually get on with your life and get back to your beloved sewing we hope!

Take lots of care of yourself from here on in. :friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Thanks aretha, I am really tired and I need some :sleep:So see ya all in the morning. Taking it easy for a couple of days. Everyone stay safe.:doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Well today was day of rest. I should say a day of:sleepz:I think I was awake about all of five hours today. I haven't been sleeping well for about a week. Made it up all today. Keep falling asleep even in my chair. Well I am now feeling so much better and I don't hut as bad. Boy does my surgren know me. I got a call from his nurse today and she asked me how I was doing? After two surgries he sure knows me. I told his nurse about my left knee and I have a appointment this next week. :sigh: The thought of another surgrey is :rolleyespink:but it would be nice to be out of needing pain pills. Then again maybe its just strained. With all the unpacking I do know I have pulled some muscles. But the pain in the knee is like the one that was replaced so do you think:DOH: I was told last year I needed two hips and one knee replacement. The only reason he didn't do both hips was he was concerned that the left knee couldn't take the stress of having both hips done at once. So if its a go the surgrey won't be until June. Which is good because it will give me time to get the apartment done and all that other stuff. This time I will do it right and not hurry the recover and cause it to be delayed because of not doing it right. Also I now have you to surport me so I have to say I'n not so :hairpulling: The thought of being pain free is so great. Well that is enough from me. Just a note please don't move furniture until fully healed because you will hurt like I am today. Pain now under control except for the left knee. My right leg is still swollen but better. Well my apartment will be ready for me to call it Home sweet Home! Everyone have a good night sleep and have a good weekend. And do something fun. Even those you are just starting recover. Maybe a new movie or a good book. I even got a better idea. How about having a cup of tea with a friend. Everyone do take care and stay safe. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Hi Tasha, glad to hear you're taking good care of yourself. I had a good day today too. We went for a drive to a lovely garden centre, had a late lunch (French toast with bacon, raspberries, maple syrup and lemon cream - absolutely delicious). Then I walked around the garden centre for over half an hour and felt great, in my new shoes of course! So thanks for putting me onto the new shoes thing. I still have this horrid pain down the outside of my calf but its after being still for a while.

Good luck for your appointment next week.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom