Guest viewing is limited

Doing Right This Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Now your symptoms make sense, Tashia. Here is a link to a WebMD article about the disease. I think a specialist will be able to tell you more about your specific case and offer suggestions for you to get well.
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

I hope this isn't going to be for the rest of my life. I eat lots of fiber so this really is surprising. but I do have a appointment with a speclisc I don't know when yet but the pain is in the top of the stomach which is not mention. :doggieshmooze:tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

It will be important for you to tell the specialist everything about your pain...where, time of day you get it, what you're doing or eating....try to find some patterns to when it shows up. It might be good to keep a pain log for a while.
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Thanks Jamie for the advise I don't know what I would do without you. The pain log is a excellent idea. I know about this but with all the stuff I have forgotten. Now another question to anyone,Tonight I went to a sewing quild meeting. And the chairs were horrible, uncomfable. I mean setting on a chair with nails would of been more corrable. What could you subject. My feet almost don't hit the floor. I don't know how people shorter than me survive these chairs. They are also very hard. I love the meeting but sitting in these chairs are horrible. Please help, I love to go and hear the speaker but how can you hear what they are saying when all you think is ow. Pain in hip, Pain in knee. I also get very stiff. I now have a herb heating bag on the hip and its working. thank goodness. Now that I have a idea of whats going on I can do something about it. And don't get so upset soaking wet. Of course the first thing everyone says. Go to the doctor for memopose. :wacko: now that isn/t the problem. I do know the difference. :th_heehee:I do everyone is well and safe from all the weather that we seem to be having around the world. Please take care of yourselves. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Today was a very good day. Very little pain in the tummy. Thank God. I fell I might be going the right way. I just wish my knees would stop hurting. I know the fall didn't help but living with pain would sure be nice. I have been woundering if I need to see the doctor to see if the left knee is getting to the point of needing a replacement. I sure not crazy about this but I thought I would give it another month unless it really get painful. Everyone stay safe and take care of yourself. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:loll:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Tashia, how about taking a small hot water bottle with you to ease any aches and pains you might get. Also is it possible to perhaps take a collapsable camping chair with you, they are usually made of material that is perfectly comfortable to sit on. Just a thought.

Take care Tashia :friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

areatha, Thank you so much for the idea. Even the person that went to me had a problem so I will tell her also. I don't know if you knew this but I wasn't able to get on this site early this evening. Really scared me because I realized just how much I love this family. Now all is well, Thank goodness. I almost :cry4:that is how it affected me. Now that I have said this I want to tell you about my good day. My tummy is now starting to calm down and the pill for the infection kick in yesterday. I have only three more days on them and I am thinking because it took so long for them to kick in maybe another round would be a good idea. The last thing I want is for it to come back or become drug resistence. I hope you know what I mean. Everyone take care of yourselves because Mother Nature is really doing her thing. I hope everyone is safe and taking care of themselves. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:loll:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

:feedback:I have finished the pills for the infection but I am still having chills and very tired. The doctor didn't want me to have another round of pills. My fear is that because the infection had been here so long that it might really have a very good hold on the body. I have a lot less pain but I still have many symtoms of the infecion. I don't want a relap or end of with a drug resistance disease. My knees are score. It has been over two years and I would think by now they would stop hurting. If I don't do much they hurt and after doing a walk after a rest they hurt. I do need a second knee done and I know until all the tummy calms down no way can I have a second. using a cane doesn't help. I do know my body has been through a lot any subjection from anyone. Everyone take care and stay safe from the weather. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:hissyfit:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Tashia, if you are still not feeling well, then you need to be back in your doctor's office to let him know that. Sometimes you have to be very assertive to get their attention.
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Jamie, If I get more assetive I will be yelling. I just don't know if this doctor and I are working out. I have been thinking a lot on this. Lots of blood tests have been done and this doctor does not tell me nor the results. This is a very big problem for me. I want to be told everything. whet test and what result. Otherwords give me a copy off them. Well I just have to work this out. Thanks for the imput. I hope you are safe and well. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:sigh:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Sometimes it comes to the fact that you don't mesh with a particular doctor. You're right, Tashia. If you have a face to face talk and tell him what you're unhappy about and he can't adjust, then it's time to go searching.
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Jamie, the bad news is that in the town I live in there isn't many doctors, so I am very limited or I go to another town. that would be a pain but if I have to I will. I just wanted to cut down on the driving. 5 minutes is much better than 20minutes. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:scratch:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

I understand, Tashia. But....the bottom line is that you need someone who will get to the bottom of what is going on. It may be that you need to drive to another town at least temporarily.
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Jamie, You are so right. I think that everyone I know uses this doctor and I guess I am trying to please them which isn''t good. Good news the new medicane is really working. Taking it four times a day is a pain but its works so I will gladly take them. I surpose to take them for a month. I have looked up the pills and they are very strong and Now that I am not in so much pain, I now can focus better. I have a sewing buddy helping with the apartment and everytime I do something I not surpose, I get told not to . She is a blessing in so many ways there are no words to say how much this means to me. What can I say. :feedback: My left knee which is needed help is starting to do something that is really concerning me. When I move it its pop and grinds. It hurts almost all the time except when the pain pills are working. The pain pills last barely eights hours. I had no idea that the knee had gotten that bad. My tummy ran over all of this. I'm sure the pain from my knee could also be upsetting my tummy. So now that my tummy is calming down I an noticing other pain also. The knee is also swollen. I have had shots done before and I guess they helped. I am at lost of what I should do. I guess I should go back to my doctor or speclist and get a xray done. I have trouble with ice so that is out. My other knee which was done is stiff because I think its trying to take all the weight so my left can take a easy. What a mess.Thank goodness I found this site. Your worth the weight of gold. Good to have you back on line.Tell the staff they are wonderful.. Everyone take care and please be careful with all the weather. Remember every day puts you one closer to full recovery. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:sigh:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Yep, Tashia.....it does sound like you need to have a surgeon take a look at that other knee....an xray for sure.
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Jamie, Deep down I knew the answer but I just didn't want to hear it. But that is life. Thank you. :cry4: :doggieshmooze:Tashia:rolleyespink:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Today my knees feel very good. I do hope this mean I am starting to get better. Am very tired, in fact I need a nap so I will talk later.:doggieshmooze:Tashia:loll:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Well I took a long nap and I am tender in the hips which doesn't surprise me at all. The knees fell better too. The hip that was worked on is hardly score. My pain is finally under control. It took long enough. Now I am pain free most of the time. How long do I wait to start cutting back?
Everyone take care and stay safe. The weather is really bad so please be careful. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:loll:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Give yourself a few days or a week of steady "feeling good" before you change anything. You know there are so many ups and downs in recovery, you want to be sure you are really at the point to cut back.
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Jamie, Thank you it does make sense. Recovery is up and down. It feels so good to be under control. Now I feel I am making some process. Everyone do take care. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:loll:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom