THR Dogchick's Hippy Recovery Adventure

Did you see what I did there....potty mouth....Party Mouth...get it?) I made a bad pun.
I'm so proud! :bawl:

When I was still taking Oxy (I tried "partyboy", but it comes out ... wrong ... when the genders are switched...), I became crazy social. I'm normally pretty introverted, but suddenly I could go on and on, like a happy drunk. Plus, if you check my posts from that period, they're pages long - free association from start to finish. So enjoy Partygirl, and post liberally while you're in the mood. Your meanderings are funny as heck, and they always make me smile!
 
Woah! I just re-read my posts from last night....who was that lady?? I think I must have a personality disorder and one of the personalities took over. (I hope I am not insulting anyone who may really have this disorder, definitely not a funny thing to deal with). Anyway, Party Girl took over for me. Thank you to all who have commented on my latest posts. It will take me another half hour to try to tag you, so hopefully you will get a notification that I've replied. If not, Sorry.

Anyway, I could NOT sleep last night. I was awake until 3:30am. Then I woke up again at 5:45am when Dogdude came in to check on me. I opened my eyes and stretched and he asked me if I wanted him to make my tea for me. He brought me the meds I was going to need in about 5 minutes and the ones I was going to need at 8:30am. I told him there was no need to make my tea, I would do it later. Then he was off to work. At 6am, I got up, made my tea, put my many vitamins and meds in my little white cup, snuck a donut, and went back to bed. Pup-prince #1 brought my tea back to me. Here's my little cup that I use to put all my pills in:
[Bonesmart.org] Dogchick's Hippy Recovery Adventure

So I got back in bed ate my donut and sipped a little bit of the tea (which takes me most of the day to finish anyway) and promptly fell asleep until 8:30am. Realized it was time for my vitamins and pain pills, so I took them. I begrudgingly left my bed, who was begging me to stay. I told him I must be strong, and he must be patient, that I will be back tonight. Off to get ready to be up for the day. I got a text from a good friend asking if it was ok to visit later in the morning, I answered it and then woke Pup-prince #2 told him I needed help getting my plethora of items from the bedroom to the livingroom. I decided to make my own scrambled eggs....first time since my surgery. Takes a little longer than just grabbing something from the fridge and slicing a bit of cheese. I have been feeling a bit "off" all morning, a bit on the unsteady side, kind of shaky, lightheaded. Don't know what's up with that, maybe lack of sleep. So I asked Pup-prince #2 to stay in the kitchen with me while I cooked. By the time it was all done, I was sweating like a fat girl in a hot house. :swoon: (I can say that, I am not a skinny girl). In light of how I begun my recovery, passing out and all that ridiculousness, I thought maybe I should hurry and get to my recliner and eat. Pup-Prince #2 brought my plate to me. Phew! I was very proud of myself for accomplishing that though. First meal I made myself. :yes!: Friend came and visited, enjoyed the visit. She came bearing gifts....fruit salad and my most favorite thing in the WHOLE world...an avocado!! :angel:(Que singing angels). I will definitely be having that avocado for lunch, with some fruit salad and Oh my goodness! Yesterday 2 friends brought a delicious Rotisserie chicken dinner! The chicken was from the grocery store but everything else was home made. I still have some Zucchini and Yellow squash left and the 2nd friend brought her homemade deviled eggs! I LOVE her deviled eggs! So I will have a couple of those for lunch as well, to pump up the protein. This will be soon...if I can finish this post in under a 1/2 hour. :snork:

Have I mentioned the meals we've been getting? My best friend brought over steak, baked potatoes, zucchini and yellow squash (I've been craving that), and her famous Pineapple Cream pie! Oh My.....MMMM! Delicious! Then my sister-in-law and my niece brought over a chicken pasta dish that was ooey, gooey with cheese....and a salad....also very delicious! Tonight, we have an Italian guy friend going to Federal Hill in Providence, RI and bringing us some food....for those of you that don't know.....Federal hill is a MAJOR Italian location, with authentic Italian foods....I don't know what he's getting, but I'm sure it will be delicious. We have another friend tomorrow getting us chinese food. It is going to be a good food week for sure! Always looking for the positive, right? Since I'm not feeling great today, I figured there must be something to be happy about. No PT or OT today, I have the day to myself. Very happy about that! Ok, I think that's it. Oh....side note....the heels of my hands are SOOO sore from using the walker...anybody else have that issue?
 
Do you think my weakness, lightheadedness, tiredness could be related to doing both PT and OT yesterday, on top of all the other movements I was making? Hmmm....I am quite tired and unmotivated to move, now I'm wondering....
 
Don't know but really identify with your enthusiasm for food. I woke in the middle of the night starving and am eating most things with real gusto. I imagine it’s the healing process making these demands. It doesn’t feel like greed or overeating as portions are normal and nothing between meals.

:heehee: But just to make sure, it’s on the scales for a checkpoint tomorrow morning.
 
DogChick: remind me what approach you had. After reading your post, I’m so glad I had anterior.
 
Do you think my weakness, lightheadedness, tiredness could be related to doing both PT and OT yesterday, on top of all the other movements I was making?
Girl, when I was at your point in the recovery process, a shower would wipe me out! As far as I'm concerned, you're a :censored: unstoppable monster!!

I hope your pups are getting rest while they can.
 
Hi @dogchick
I do remember feeling a little weak, myself, in the shower a couple times around the one week post op point.

Just a thought...Check the side effects of your meds if your symptoms continue.
Could just be you're tired and your BS dropped. Consider checking in with your doc if it continues or worsens.

Make sure your drinking lots of water too.
 
I've been wanting to respond to this all day, but I was in no shape at all to do it until now.
(I tried "partyboy", but it comes out ... wrong ... when the genders are switched...),
Yeah...doesn't quite translate as well now, does it? :rofsign:

I became crazy social. I'm normally pretty introverted, but suddenly I could go on and on, like a happy drunk.
Wow! You hit the nail on the head! Especially last nights posts....I was feeling like a very happy drunk! :cheers: If you met me in person, you would realize that I am a pretty shy and quiet person....that is until you got to know me. My friends and I have a little saying...."You have to watch out for the quiet ones." :bolt: That would definitely apply to me. :yes:

So enjoy Partygirl, and post liberally while you're in the mood. Your meanderings are funny as heck, and they always make me smile!
Well, I'm happy that I am a source of entertainment then. :curtsey: I've also enjoyed your comments and posts as well because they make me do my favorite thing....laugh! :giggle:
 
Do you think my weakness, lightheadedness, tiredness could be related to doing both PT and OT yesterday, on top of all the other movements I was making? Hmmm....I am quite tired and unmotivated to move, now I'm wondering....
Possible.
All symptoms seem normal this early out to me.
Things will ebb and flow...try to take it extra easy tomorrow.
Early days, you are doing fine!
You've been through alot this past week!:friends:
 
Don't know but really identify with your enthusiasm for food. I woke in the middle of the night starving and am eating most things with real gusto. I imagine it’s the healing process making these demands. It doesn’t feel like greed or overeating as portions are normal and nothing between meals.

:heehee: But just to make sure, it’s on the scales for a checkpoint tomorrow morning.
Well, you know, it IS all about the food...when there is nothing else around that gives you enjoyment, Food just never lets you down. :yes!: (Unless you have a really bad chef....then it's the chef that lets you down, not the food so it's a mute point). :cheers:
 
DogChick: remind me what approach you had. After reading your post, I’m so glad I had anterior.
I had the posterior approach. My dang butt gets assaulted everytime I get a bandage change. :arrow: I have lost all modesty. Since my PT is of the male persuasion, and I've had to show him my butt a couple of times...what modesty could I have left? :shrug: I think I might have to go to therapy to get over the humilation. :cry::snork:
 
Girl, when I was at your point in the recovery process, a shower would wipe me out! As far as I'm concerned, you're a :censored: unstoppable monster!!

I hope your pups are getting rest while they can.

Hahhaha! Oh, I'm a monster alright! :loll: Unstoppable is questionable. I need to find my scary face picture to post...it would confirm your suspicion that I am indeed a monster. :rofsign:

And everyone is getting plenty of sleep....except me...
 
Hi @dogchick
I do remember feeling a little weak, myself, in the shower a couple times around the one week post op point.

Just a thought...Check the side effects of your meds if your symptoms continue.
Could just be you're tired and your BS dropped. Consider checking in with your doc if it continues or worsens.

Make sure your drinking lots of water too.
Something to consider for sure. I think my meds are fine though. It could have been my blood sugar, but that doesn't usually last all day, when I eat it usually gets better, and I was not feeling well all day long. I didn't start feeling better until about 7pm tonight after I had a small bowl of raisin bran cereal. Cereal is always my go to food when my stomach is upset...I did have a little stomach upset, headache, and the other symptoms I mentioned. I unfortunately really feel that I *GULP* might have joined the ODIC. :blush: Doing both OT and PT was a lot for one day, nevermind all my other activities from the day. I refuse to accept responsibility for my having to join the ODIC though....:skep: It's "their" fault....they made me have therapy:shrug:
 
Possible.
All symptoms seem normal this early out to me.
Things will ebb and flow...try to take it extra easy tomorrow.
Early days, you are doing fine!
You've been through alot this past week!:friends:
I took it super easy today. I mean, I made the scrambled eggs, but after that, I pretty much stayed put in my recliner, sleeping, vegging out....I had absolutely NO energy, patience or tolerance today, so I pretty much kept to myself. I had a lot of incision pain, very sharp that took my breath away. My knee was throbbing too. I just wasn't fit to speak to an ant. So I laid low until tonight, now that I'm feeling better. Will probably take it a little easier tomorrow too.
 
Hi @dogchick
Pretty normal for only one week out. You'll have those days.
I'll bet you feel better tomorrow.
Wishing you a good nights sleep!

PS Happy One Week Anniversary! Here's a flower for being a good lil patient :flwrysmile:
 
Back
Top Bottom