TKR Diney's got another new knee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
. Just shows how differently we all recover.

But quick recovery or slow, most of us end up in the same good place! So if you think you're a bit slower, what the heck? - it will all come together in the end.

Well done Diney, glad to hear your're making good progress. Should we plan a Bonesmartie day out in London in the summer with Diney as tour guide?
 
That's a great idea Deeden! Everyone is so supportive on this site, always cheering us on when we need it the most. I would love to give a celebration tour when we are all up to walking. Anyone interested in a walk round Spitalfields or a tour of Westminster Abbey?
 
That's a great idea Deeden! Everyone is so supportive on this site, always cheering us on when we need it the most. I would love to give a celebration tour when we are all up to walking. Anyone interested in a walk round Spitalfields or a tour of Westminster Abbey?

Ok, we will be in London arriving September 11, departing September 12 for a cruise out of Dover. We've been there several times, so might there be an "insiders" tour of the British Museum or do you recommend the Churchill War Rooms (or whatever they're called)? The Abbey would be good, too. Our second trip to London (and the UK) in 1981 included a session at Westminster Abbey doing brass rubbings while we were still zonked out from our flight.

Count me in!!!! It will be 11 months after "Neil" and 7 months after "Buzz". :yes 4:
 
Diney....so happy to hear how well you're doing. Your posts are positively glowing.
 
Barb, would you believe it, I have booked my first walking holiday in three years for the week of September 11. We are going to Jersey. But if you come again I would love to take you on a highlights tour of the British Museum - I do about an hour and a half that includes the Rosetta stone, Parthenon marbles, Ginger (Egyptian mummy section) and Sutton Hoo burial ship. Churchill War Rooms are good - the underground HQ for WWII just along from number 10 Downing Street.
Niki if you could make it over that would be the icing on the cake!
Seriously, I really would be happy to organise a Bonesmarties meet up in London for UK members and anyone else who could make it over. I think I would be ready from June onwards.
 
Hi, Diane -

The tour sounds great! We're not sure when we would get to London again after this year, because we're probably going to start doing cruises in more challenging places like South America and Asia and I'll have my new knees.

We visited the British Museum many years ago when were young and stupid and we didn't appreciate it, so we look forward to a few hours there on September 11. On our cruise this last September we spent time at the National Archaelogical Museum in Athens plus some other good museums and we were blown away by the incredible artifacts.

The walking trip of Jersey sounds nice!
 
Well I am six weeks today and the new knee is fine but I am feeling very sorry for myself.
After the recent uti infection which I think has finally cleared up I now have another thing to deal with. I woke up last night to find the room spinning. It happened a couple more times and was horrible. I have had Labrynthitis a couple of times in the past - a middle ear infection that affects your balance - and sure enough when I went to the doctor today she confirmed it. The worst thing is turning the head from side to side. She has given me some tablets and I hope the symptoms disappear soon. Web I got it five years ago it took a few weeks to settle down.
So Just when I thought I was gaining a bit of independence and enjoying going for a walk, it's back to home base for a while!
Some cheery messages would be good!
 
Hi Diney,
I have not posted in a long while, but I do read and follow the progress of everyone here. I am at the same point as you, sounds like we are at about the same point. I can ride the bike, but not walk as far as you...I do the bike one day and the outside walks the next. I still have lots of stiffness and some swelling. Pain is not as bad. I have given up the middle of the night med, but still take one hydrocodone every 4 hours the rest of the time. Hope I can cut that down soon. I still get very discouraged with my progress, want so badly to be "normal" again. I continue to ice, elevate, medicate, and pray for strength to get through this journey. Your posts are also a joy to read. I hope your ear infection clears up quickly.
 
Hi, Diane - so sorry to hear about your Labrynthitis. That is certainly no fun when you are trying to recover. I hope that clears up soon.

I have been a bit more dizzy recovering this week. When I was a kid, I used to get lots of middle and inner ear infections with vertigo as a nasty side effect.

Here are prayers that you recover soon. So strange that you and Jo have had non-knee issues that cause so many problems.
 
Hi Diane

That sounds horrible, you poor thing. I do hope your medication clears it up. It's bad enough getting over this operation without added complications. I have had a stinking cold for the last week and haven't felt like going out for walks, so I know how you feel. Get well soon.
 
Hi Diane, sorry you're ear is playing up. Hope you're feeling better soon.
 
Totally Miserable! Hope the drugs kick in soon. They'd better; we've got a summer sight-seeing trip to plan!

Whereabouts in West Sussex are you? I lived in Billingshurst for a few years before we moved to Boston, loved it there but it's grown a bit since then. Wonderful countryside round there as well.
 
Diane,

I sure hope things clear up for you soon, miss your posts they are always so upbeat. Take care of yourself and let us know how you are feeling.

I think the last time the room spinned for me was many many years ago when tied a good one on and really didn't like that.
 
Diane, sorry to hear about your labyrinthitis, that is not fun at all!! Someone is trying to slow you down a bit!! Feel better!!
 
Hi Diane

I wondered how you were feeling? I hope you are feeling a bit brighter today xxx
 
Hi Jo
Thanks for asking. I've been waiting a bit on edge for the past few days but thankfully have not had further problems with spinning sensations or unbalance. I am amazed because when I had it five years ago I had horrible symptoms for about 10 weeks. I really hope i'm over it.
The other reason I have been a bit quiet is that I have had a persistent pain in my knee that kicks in as soon as I start walking. After such a flying start it is a bit disappointing. I really didn't think I had overdone it but maybe I have been walking a bit too far. Yesterday I rested and iced all day and today most of the day but when I went for a very short walk in my road this afternoon the pain was back again. At six weeks I suppose it is the angry tissue stage but I don't like it!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom