TKR Diney's got another new knee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so glad you are doing great! wish I lived in England...the mantra here with all pts is no pain no gain....i plan tohave a chat with them tomorrow,, this is my ballgame not theirs. i want slow and easy pt, not planning to run a marathon anytime soon. just want to be able to get out of bed and on the pot without assistance.... my quads are still gone, will be so glad when they awake. stay strong, Diney, sounds like you are a pro at this.
 
Morning Diane

Do be careful on your own, please. You sound as if you are doing great - keep up the good work. I don't know about you but I am sick of the tv already and I can't muster the energy to read. I got organised with loads of reading material but haven't bothered. Thank goodness for Bonesmart! Have a good day.
 
Hi Jo
I am being careful and a friend dropped by this morning and made me a cup of tea and then cleaned up my kitchen.
I know what you mean by too much tv and not having the concemtraion to read. I can't wait to start doing little walks outside, maybe next week.
I trust you are feeling confident again walking round the house.
 
That sounds like a good friend! I have heard 'cabin fever' mentioned on here - that is so true! I'm walking around the house and up and down the stairs with no problems now - all very slow and carefully! Take care.
 
That inability to read is really frustrating, I had a pile of books I wanted to catch up with and couldn't read any of them - must be the meds! And Yes daytime tv is pretty boring after the novelty wears off! As you say Jo, BS is always entertaining - it's like having a whole other family (one who actually understand what you're going through!):yes 4:
 
the mantra here with all pts is no pain no gain
They are wrong, wrong, wrong. That's fine for strength training and fitness (up to a point) but totally inappropriate for recovery.


The mantra here is "no pain MORE gain" and it works!!
 
Hi Diane, I just wondered how you were doing? I hope all is well and you have a well behaved new knee. Have a good and quiet Sunday.
 
Hi Jo
I suppose I have been a bit fed up and not my usual cheerful self after a flying start and have been reading rather than posting.
It's very strange but although I am doing much better in some areas than last time I am also dealing with more pain.
I am already walking around the house on one stick and yesterday I walked 100 yards down the road on two sticks to have a cup of tea with a friend.
But this time I've still got pain around and above the knee which is there most of the time and I am not sleeping as well.
I was sent home with Co-Dydramol to take four times a day and I must admit I haven't always taken the full dose because it makes me woozy. Last time I had Co-codamil which I think is similar and at this stage only needed to take one morning and evening and paracetamol only the rest of the time. I also take ibuprofen three times a day.
So all in all I think the new knee is stable and my 'old' knee is bearing up well and I just need to remember how early I am in the process and keep resting and icing and taking all my meds!
I hope you are progressing well and enjoying the day. It's lovely and sunny in my part of Sussex. Whereabouts in Devon are you?
 
Hi Diane, Gosh, you sound like you are doing amazingly well!! I am so jealous that you are getting about the house with one crutch, I am still using the frame and 2 crutches. You are obviously far more confident than me. Sorry about the pain, that must be getting you down. It does seem to be a juggling act with the medication to get it right- I'm sure you will get there.

I live near Ashburton, Dartmoor. The weather has been a little hit and miss today. My husband took our dog up to Dartmoor this morning and he said it was blowing a gale. We are quite sheltered down in our valley but just 5 minutes away it can be a different world!! Take care.
 
Diney--maybe you can ask for something else that doesn't make you woozy. Josephine would know better than me, but it seems like a full dose of something that works right is better than a half dose of something else.

I bet it felt good to get out for tea with a friend.
 
Jh Hi Diney,
I just read your recovery thread. It sounds like things are progressing very well for you and I am so thrilled to hear this. I would say that my recovery is coming along nicely as well. I shared earlier that my temperature has been a little unstable in the evenings. I'm so glad I packed my long gloves. I know I must look like some mysterious screen siren lying in this hospital bed wrapped in a leopard print Snuggie, with my head wrapped in colorful scarf, black eyelid covers on and pink lip gloss, with black elbow lenght gloves.
But at least Im warm and comfy. As for reading, I attempted to devour the Sunday edition of the Houston Chronicle today but was fast asleep before I finished the headline section.

It's been peace and restful this weekend and therapy resumes tomorrow
 
Jh Hi Diney, so glad I packed my long gloves. I know I must look like some mysterious screen siren lying in this hospital bed wrapped in a leopard print Snuggie, with my head wrapped in colorful scarf, black eyelid covers on and pink lip gloss, with black elbow lenght gloves.
But at least Im warm and comfy.
Norma Desmond, is that you? :hysterical:
 
Two week report

I had my staples removed yesterday and the nurse said everything looked fine. Today is two weeks since the second knee was replaced and almost 15 weeks since the first knee.
The new knee is doing well. I am getting around the house without sticks, doing simple chores. For the last two days I have walked outside about 200 yards on one stick. This is much quicker than with the first knee. I am not pushing it, it just feels comfortable. I have some discomfort at night but sleeping ok generally. I am resting a lot and elevating and icing. It just goes to prove that no two knees are the same, even your own!
So far so good!
 
Great report Diane :thumb: It feels good to get the staples out - another box ticked. This knee is obviously going to behave for you - keep up the good work!
 
Hi, Diane - awesome news! I hope mine happens the same way. Heck, you will be taking trains again before I'm out of the hospital!
 
Kneeper,
im reading your norma desmobd comment... Hysterical

Dori

I agree!!! "Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close up".

Is the William Holden from that era anywhere in the room because I may faint and swoon (what a hunk)! Don't tell my hubby - actually he knows! :hysterical:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom