TKR Diney's got another new knee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: TKR week four question

Best wishes for Friday!
 
Re: TKR week four question

Thanks for good wishes. I had my blood checked today and a call to confirm admission on Friday. Just have to ring tomorrow night for a time.
I took the opportunity to go for a walk in the sunshine today around our village, about a mile in total. The new knee was fine but the old fella grumbled away. I can't believe I will soon have two good ones!
Just playing the waiting game now.
 
Re: TKR week four question

Wishing you all the best Diane, we shall have to compare notes - take care.
 
Re: TKR week four question

That is great that your surgery was moved up! :thumb: Good luck on Friday! :friends:
 
Re: TKR week four question

Diane,

Wishing all the best for Friday. You will definatly be in my prayers. Post when you can to tell us how you are coming along with things.
 
Re: TKR week four question

Diane -

My twin is beating me to the finish line! You will be in my prayers - I am sure things will go well.
 
Re: TKR week four question

I've just checked with the hospital. I have to be in at 11am but am last on the list so they have told me I might not get done until 5.15pm. Last meal at 7.30am so a long day!
Good luck to my fellow surgery partners. We are so close to the other side now!
 
Re: TKR week four question

On another note I had to take my mum to A&E today because her knee was so painful she couldn't stand up. She had it replaced 18 months ago and it has been fine until now. They diagnosed an effusion under the knee cap with some possible internal bleeding and sent her home with over the counter anti inflammatories and pain killers and a walking aid.

Is that unusual after so long? They said the blood tests showed no sign of infection.One of the nurses said she could still be healing.
Don't know about it being unusual but it's wrong after so long! Knees don't just bleed and/or develop an effusion for no good reason.

I take it she's not had a fall or anything else you would have said so.

Did she have some of the fluid drawn off and sent to the lab?

In any case, she really needs to see the surgeon soon because no matter what the blood tests say, it can still be an infection or a loosening. It needs the expert eye on it.

I love 'the nurse' said it was probably still healing! :DOH:The usual placebo comment when they really don't know what they are talking about.

I hope your surgery went well and you are running around the ward by now!
 
Re: TKR week four question

I hope it all went well and we are all thinking about you Diane.
 
Re: TKR week four question

Hello everyone
I'm back home again today now with two new knees and all is well! Thanks for all your good wishes.
I had a very similar experience to last time but forgot things like how much my thigh hurt the second night and how dead my leg was when I first tried to walk. My first Physio session didn't last long because my blood pressure dropped and I was wheeled back to bed. But by yesterday I was walking round my room with a walker and this morning I managed the full Physio session and stair practice with two sticks.
My friend who brought me home made me a cup of tea and then when he went I ventured upstairs and am now happily resting in bed waiting for the arrival of my son and daughter.
I'm glad you are doing well Jo. Keep it up! How are Luvtocamp and Grandygirl. I haven't spotted their posts yet on this side.
Josephine: I think my mum might have knocked her knee but we don't know for sure because she has Alzheimer's. Her doctor has now prescribed some Physio - better late than never I suppose.
Also would it be possible to change the name of my thread to Diney's now got another new knee!
Thank you!
 
Re: TKR week four question

So glad to hear your 2nd tkr went well! Bet you're glad to be back home! Take it easy and look forward to having two great knees in the not too distant future! Take care!:yay:
 
Re: TKR week four question

Hi, Diane -

It sounds like you're doing great!!! Thanks for the reminders of some things I have forgotten, like the thigh pain.
 
Re: TKR week four question

Hi Diane and welcome back. Oh yes, the dead leg- I still have it. Take it easy and so pleased you have helpers.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom