Guest viewing is limited

TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your right looks somewhat similar to mine. There should be nice even space between the bones and there isn't. According to my OS mine is going to need replacing but we've been trying shots currently. I see him at the end of the month so I see what he says then.
 
We are hangin in there. A bit bummed that my rt knee is about shot, and I'm really not looking forward to going thru this again. I'll probably wait till next year. But OS was very pleased with my progress and that's with no pt.
 
Diane, I'm planning on making your banana bread recipe this weekend. I love banana bread, but have never made it before. Wish me luck!

I found that my natural knee began to hurt less as my TKR got stronger and didn't need as much as attention. Hopefully that'll be the case for you.
 
Oh @KarriB the banana bread should come out fine. Its a super easy, fool proof recipe.

My right knee had felt a bit better this week, so keeping a good thought it can hold out a while

I have a question, for anyone. My new knee is coming along, but still has that tightness feeling to it. I have been able to get around my house without the cane, but seem to feel I need it when I go out. Also, I still have a limp when I walk without it. I seem to have one spot around my thigh, that I cant quite put full weight on, so it causes me to limp. But even a tiny bit of support, like touching a counter or furniture, I can walk fairly normal How long did it take before you were at ease going out places, with no cane?
 
I pretty much quit using cane at school since we started back, since I don't use it at home. I still take it with me when we go out places. Restaurants are horrible.... I can't get up without hip pain.... strange it is always worse at restaurants. So cane helps there. In stores hubby likes to backtrack a LOT, so cane comes in handy when I get worn out and standing too much. Other than that, I don't use it.
 
I kept on using my cane outside long after I really needed it. Even now, it is still in my car, just in case I need it.
For me, the cane was a safety precaution. Of course I needed it when conditions were wet and slippery underfoot but on other occasions I used it as a warning sign, to stop people from coming too close to me. I felt safer doing that in crowds. It was useful for warding off rushing dogs and children, too. :dogwalk: :doggie:

I think you probably need to keep using the cane until you walk normally without a limp, even when you aren't using the cane. There are no prizes for giving it up early and it's probably better to use it for a bit longer, rather than give it up too soon. It is still only a couple of months since your TKR, so I'd advise using it for a bit longer.
 
My PTs said to use the cane until I didn't limp without it. I still take the one I keep in my car to the pool because of the wet, slippery tile deck around the pool and I really don't want to fall.
 
Thanks guys, for the reassurance, that I dont have to give up the cane, for some arbitrary reasons. Better to use it and not need it, than not use it, and fall!

BTW Wednesday was 8 weeks.
 
I'm a little behind you, I still use a cane except for very short trips inside the house. I feel like I can walk without it, but as with you, when I try, I limp. My muscles clearly aren't quite healed enough yet. So I'm keeping using it and concentrating on walking upright and ultra correctly.
 
I feel like I used it for a long time. I limped without it, and the first couple of times outside without it, my back hurt a lot. Then one day I didn't need it any more. No limp.
 
:wave:Just saying Hi! 8 weeks, wow! You lived through zombie attacks and came through unscathed! My cane still liv3s in my car too. I'm starting to limp with my other knee.:nah: I will probably use it when the snow hits here. That will happen probably by the end of the month.:snow dig:
 
Snow ❄ HA! I'm looking forward to a day that stays in the 70's all day. Maybe another month.

I am finding some new pains on LOG lately tho. On the outer edge side, sorta has an occasional stingy/burning feeling. I guess just another phase of healing. It's not terrible, just "there" if that makes sense. I look forward to tge day that others have mentioned, of getting up and walking someplace and not thinking about my knee. Had never happened yet, hope it does someday.
 
Diane, the temperature has cooler in the mornings and the evenings, like you, I am also waiting for cooler temps.

I still carry a cane in my car, I think it's my security blanket. The discomfort you are not feeling is normal, I had that also, and it just recently that at times I don't think about my knee. I can't believe it's been 4 months for me already.:loveshwr:

My daughter's subdivision is awesome on Halloween, every house not only give out candy for the kids but they give some sort of alcoholic treat for the adults, last year I was not able to walk, this year I am planning on joining in on the the fun:dancy:
 
I can't wait for those moments. We will surely celebrate!

I gave hubby your banana bread recipe. He's going to make it today. Nothing sounds remotely tasty except the bread.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
@sheliac I add semi sweet chocolate chips to my banana bread recipe, yummy! I just made some yesterday, the grandkids love it:)
 
I'm going to try the banana bread today for the first time. I've never made it, but I've bought bananas for this purpose last week. Can't wait to smell it baking!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom