TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made "Diane's Banana Bread" twice now, and it's delicious and easy.

I also made @Sue's bonebroth and froze it in containers and ice cube trays and it's a delicious snack. But not as quick and easy as the banana bread.
Great resource group in so many ways.
:cheers:
 
Hi Diane. I'm still using my cane in public. If someone bumps into me there's a big chance that I'll fall. If no one was around I'd be fine without it. But, alone time in the public is few and far between, so the cane is my companion! For 8 weeks, you are doing wonderfully! Keep up that good PT-free work! What you are describing with your burning pain was said to be nerves re-attaching by my OS and nothing to worry about. I went through a stage where even the sheets hurt, (burned) to touch it. Hopefully, yours will go away quickly.
 
@dianehelen I get a burning sensation as well from time to time and seems to go away after a few minutes. I am 1 week ahead of you and now keep the cane in my truck. This past Friday I did not use at PT for the first time. I do think when I was using it around the house I focused on walking properly. I have to make an effort to walk heal, toe and bend and not leg leg, hard to do when the knee is tight. Yes, cooler weather would be nice as it was 89 in my part of Florida today. Crazy stuff as I made banana nut bread yesterday. Yum. You are having a great recovery and soon we will be like Clara and not so focused on the knee but in the meantime I tend to be overly focused on it.
 
@sistersinhim ya i remember you talking about the burning and the sheets touching. mine is not that bad, just kinda now and then. actually did not notice it today at all.

@thecoll so glad you seem to be progressing well these days. how was working from home, did you start that this week.

I actually cooked my first full dinner tonight. Our son came for dinner and i made a big salad, bucatini bolonese, with garlic pull apart bread (another super easy super yummy recipe), garlic sauteed fresh spinach, and strawberries with fresh whipped cream served over french vanilla pound cake. a bit tiring, but so good. i love to create a nice dinner now and then. when we were done, i took my glass of wine, sat down in my recliner, and the boys cleaned up :happydance:
 
Another little bit of normal that wouldn't have happened a month ago. Sounds delicious! I had my parents for dinner Saturday night, lasagna, salad and pumpkin crumble cake. :yes:
 
Isn't getting back to normal wonderful!! Are you having any repercussions from your busy day yesterday?
 
Well other than having one of those rare, could not fall asleep nights, not too bad. Probably see a nap in my future this afternoon.

At least no cooking tonight, LEFTOVERS! :-)
 
Yum! I can't imagine cooking a meal like that right now, but I'll never take it for granted again.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Sounds like a very yummy dinner...I know that cooking a big meal is very tiring, but the sense of accomplishment is so great, that it is worth the exhaustion that follows it.
 
I miss cooking a good meal. I don't tend to do it just for me. I'm more of a microwaver! Now when any of my girls comes over they tend to cook for me or take me out to dinner and I don't mind at all.
 
Diane your dinner sounds so yummy. There is something to be said about getting some normalcy back in to the day. Unfortunately I have been making dinner now since about week 6. My husband did an amazing job up to then but once I started cooking he just stopped.
@thecoll so glad you seem to be progressing well these days. how was working from home, did you start that this week.

I did start working from home today. I sat at the table to long with the leg down so it felt very tight. So I iced and elevated with laptop on my lap for awhile. Around 3pm it hit me and I felt exhausted so I took a 30 minute nap. I love my job but after not working for 9 months I almost could enjoy not working but got to earn the $$$$.
 
Hey Diane, just want to drop by and say hi, I hope you are doing well:flwrysmile:
 
Awe always so sweet @uva55 . I am ok. Just kinda still working thru that getting back into life thing. LOG is ok, kinda stalled. Still think about it with every step. Using the cane less, but still limp when I dont have it. Some of those thigh/quad muscles just slow to be fully functional. Still tiring to shop, so I do shorter trips. But overall doing ok.

How are you? Getting thru your work days becoming a bit easier? Are you walking totally pain free? We are heading back to the beach either next Thursday, or the following. Would you & hubby maybe want to take a little ride over the Frankland and maybe share a glass of wine and maybe some dinner? :-) . Give it some thought.
 
That sounds really nice, let me know when you are at the beach and I would love to get together for dinner.

I am ok, energy is much better but still not 100%, yesterday I was non-stop all day and I was pretty tired by the end of the day and the knee feels tired today, I can't say I have pain anymore it just feels tired when I push too hard.

As far as using your cane, just use it as long as you need to and your gait is better, I still carry one in my car, I think it's my security blanket.
 
You both sound so good. Working! I can't wait to get back to it, but am so blessed not to have to rush it. I am such a goof- I signed up to be back in Africa at the end of March. OS had told me that was a very realistic goal, preop. What in the world was I thinking? I will work from home for a few months--but I'm in awe you're already doing it. I'm still typing on my phone because even my iPad seems too much trouble.

I'm still hoping we can plan a kneeunion in Asheville for mid spring ? Or the beach [emoji41]? Unless my incision pops open due to your zombies. It's looking like a zombie had a chew on it.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom