TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have not shaved my legs in years, and especially since chemo in 2013, i have almost no body hair. im lucky that my head hair came back, more or less. You are still going to PT? wow. I bend my knee ok walking, but still limp if i dont use the cane. Seems those last few quad/thigh muscles just not cooperating 100% yet
 
I only wish I did not have to shave my legs every other day. I even did laser hair removal and it did not work. Many if our chemo patients at work have their hair grow back curly. Yes, I am still doing PT 3x's week until I see my OS on Nov 9th. I am afraid if I stop going I will lose ROM as I am not dedicated to doing exercises at home. I get lazy or side tracked, lol. I practice heal, toe when walking but need to remember to add the bend. My sweet husband just reminded me that I am still healing and our bones, ligaments, muscles and tissues have to heal.
 
ya my hair came back less curly, i had very curly hair pre chemo. it came back MUCH thinner and less curly, and my hairline receded. Chemo just so sucks
 
You don't have to shave your legs? Wow. My friend who had breast cancer and chemo had her gray hair come back blonde. She, like you, is such a positive person. She jokes that chemo saved her a lot of money in coloring her hair. I can't imagine how hard chemo is.

I'm gonna get my August log on the desk today. Without a log lifter. Game on. [emoji1]


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
my hair left and came back dark brown. a mystery to all, even the gal who has cut my hair for 25 years cannot believe at 66 i do not color my hair and have no grey. and umm no, you cannot imagine how hard chemo is. it is a year long ravaging of your body and soul. I lost 50 pounds thanks to chemo, crappy way to do it, but glad to at least had one benefit from the horror. The nausea and sick feeling, no words to describe.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna get my August log on the desk today. Without a log lifter. Game on.
[Bonesmart.org] Diane's KneeQuest,  NewKnee Inn Recovery


GO FOR IT MY FRIEND!
 
BTW I don't shave either. I think my low thyroid keeps me pretty hairless except for the head.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
We'd rather dose people up on opioids and stupid zofran (useless, IMHO). Worse - scopolamine . They put one of those patches on me preop and I dug it off as soon as I woke up.

I plan on having a glass of wine this weekend. A big glass of Cabernet . In my bed so I don't have to walk afterwards. Hubby prescribed that during my panic-freak on Thursday but I was afraid if drink it and end up in ER smelling like wine[emoji33].

Your chemo description makes me want to cry for you and all the women who go thru it. I'm so glad you have your breast-sister support group. Next time I'm freaking out over a drop of blood or anything else, I'm going to keep your words about chemo in my mind. Thank you for sharing that.

I still am not desk-able. I can do leg lifts with ease, but that desk has become my Everest! I WILL get that log on the desk or get stuck trying. I can do leg lifts. But the desk from a desk chair -NOT.



Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My munchies were awful! Diane, I'm heading on to 5 months and still use my cane when out in public. You have plenty of time to get rid of that thing! Just one bump from someone not paying attention could end you up on the floor. It's just not worth taking the chance yet. You will get enough confidence one day to leave it at home.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ya Im gonna hold on the the cane for a bit. Its just so odd, that without it I have a limp, with it, even using the tiniest bit of weight on it, on the opposing side during a step, my gait is pretty much normal.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Some posts in this thread have been edited and other deleted because the discussion was violating our forum rule

3. Posting offensive or illegal material
c. Do not post on topics that are liable to encourage others into illegal activity


May I remind members that such discussion may result in disciplinary action as per this notice Forum rules and warning protocol
 
@thecoll I don't think you will lose ROM, mine has improved quite a bit since I saw my OS last, and the only exercise I do is a little walking and my bike 3-4 times a week...Oh and running after my young grandkids on occasion :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Use the cane for as long as you need it to have a normal gait. The time will come that you will be forgetting where your can is and you will find yourself walking well without it.
 
@dianehelen Yes cancer does SUCK!!! I am on my 11th year working at a cancer center and I have seen so much both good and bad. So glad you have a group of survivors to celebrate with.
@uva55 so encouraging to know that you still gained ROM with just walking, biking and running after grandkids. There is hope for me.
 
Diane you are funny, pick that mic back up. No grandkids right now. My son is finishing up his last year of college and will graduate in Ma. I tell him all the time I want 3 grandbabies but not to start on it till he has started his career and of course is married to a woman I like.
 
@thecoll so you think you will have a say so in who your son falls in love with??? funny girl, lol

I used to think so too, hahaha
 
You mean we can't pick our son's wife? [emoji15]. Darn.

Hey. I still cannot get my log on Desk Everest! Do you just lift it from the floor and get it up there from a regular computer chair? I'm bumfuzzled. I can do leg lifts lying down. Did you exercise your quads or something? I do the isometric quads, but am starting to think there's something wrong-- not worried enough to ask PT -- I don't want him trying to help me by adding something. .


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom