TKR Dewey Did It...#1 AND #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the best to you. My phone will chime tomorrow at about 8:30 to remind me that a BS friend needs prayers: peace, skilled surgeon, pain management, etc..Can't wait to hear from you.
 
Thanks, all, for your thoughts and prayers.

We're off. Take good care everyone, and I'll see you soon............on the other side!!!
 
Dewey, many good thoughts and wishes are headed your way. Looking forward to hearing about your two good knees with no bone on bone pain.
 
Well.......I did it! It's over, and so far this one is different. No femoral nerve block this time and pain is much worse. It's beginning to get under control now. I have not been up yet, and I really dread it! OS said all went well and knee#1 should show improvement in weeks to come. I'm so glad it's over but I'm more glad this was my last knee!! I will update again tomorrow. Please pray for better pain management for me! Thanks!!!!
 
Good luck with the pain management. I did not have a femoral block and they managed my pain without a problem. Make sure your nurse call button is handy. Take care.
 
Wonderful to hear from you already. Keep asking until they get the pain meds right. I'll keep you in my prayers.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Dewey Did It...#1 AND #2
Dewey, to the "other side" the second time around. Hope pain is now under control and stays that way. Don't wait for the nurses to bring your meds---they get off schedule all the time---can't be helped----but I always rang for mine as soon as I could tell that they were starting to wear off---didn't wait 'til I was really hurting.


Take care and post when you feel up to it. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Dewey Did It...#1 AND #2
 
Day 1 so far. Percocet makes me really sleepy! Taking 2 every 4 hours and still have the PCA with dilaudid. Pain is not great but tolerable I guess. Up twice to sit on camped by bed. Much harder this time since both knees are weak. Nurses have been pretty patient with me so far. Doing ankle pumps on both and heel slides on knee#1. New knee is dill having trouble moving. Will update later.
 
Congratulations Dewey on shiny new knee number 2, you did it and it is all over now. :ok: :yes!:
Onward with the recovery.
Dd you have the MUA for knee one?
I hope your pain is getting easier. Take it gently, you are doing well.
I am really pleased for you that they are both done now,
Congratulations,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :happydance: :dancy:
 
Sleepy is good, gets you rest and hospitals are not that exciting to be awake in. I found it helped make the day go by instead of watching the clock. It is good to see your posts again.
 
Dewey - congrats on being through with #2 and the MUA!! Glad the Percocet is making you sleepy and not :sick: . Just take it slowly and listen to your body! You will know what is too much and don't be afraid to tell the nurses/doctors as much.
Do they have a CPM for you? It helped me with the heel slides that first day when my leg was too heavy for me to move by myself and really kept the stiffness from setting in.
Glad to hear you've been up and sitting by the bed already!! You can do this! Enjoy your rest and know that we are all pulling for you!
 
Me, again. Well, it's been a pretty tough day but I do think tomorrow will be better. OS added Tramadol to the Percocet for breakthrough pain. I think it's helping a little. Still tough to get up but laying still in bed is now fairly comfortable. Pt came in this afternoon and did way too much bending. We will have a talk tomorrow because my swelling has really increased since she was here.

My MUA on knee #1 must have been pretty gentle. It's hardly swollen or sore. I'm so thankful for that!

So trying to stay positive and sleep when I can. These early days will be over soon! Thanks for thinking of me and adding me to your prayer lists.
 
Prayers the Tramadol is just what you need to get your pain under control. Shame on PT! How far did he manipulate your older TKR. I was so surprised how far I could bend right after but of course good old swelling kicked in and I lost it a few days later. But I have regained it all and more. So prayers he achieved what you needed to get it bending better.
 
Well.... They've ordered a Doppler ultrasound to rule out blood clots due to the pain, numbness, and swelling. Please say a prayer for me! Thanks!
 
Dewey,
I've been thinking about you and hoping that they will get your pain under control. My MUA is Thursday and I'm hoping to have good results also. When you are feeling better, we can talk about our mutual experience. Hope you are able to get some sleep tonight!
:zzz: Are they giving you anything for sleep? Ambien helped me rest some in between them coming in and out of the room every few hours for the blood tests and whatever else they were doing.

Vickie
 
Oh definitely, many good thoughts going your way.
 
Dewey - just saw that you had your 2nd TKR - congrats. Those first few days are a killer even when you are under the hospital care. Hopefully they send you home with all the meds you need to get and stay ahead of the pain. I'll be thinking of you.

Best of luck for a speedy = as speedy as it can be, recovery!

Aileen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom