Guest viewing is limited

TKR Deep knee bend

[Bonesmart.org] Deep knee bend
You know it's a hot humid day when the cattle go swimming
 
It's a Continuous Passive Motion machine. Most surgeons don't use them any more. You get more value from moving your leg with your own muscle power.
 
:yawn:It was bound to happen. My first total sleepless night. I finished my nerve endings meds several days ago. Maybe it's out of my system. My nerve endings had their own little party last night.
Oh the ups and downs of TKR :flabber:
 
You have my sympathy , mine have been zinging away to themselves on and off for past two weeks!
 
Bless your heart. What are you taking to calm them ? I was taking 300 mg of Gabapentin.
 
Not taking anything for it tkrme, the pain isn't continuous, lastf for about 10 mins at a time and feels like there is a sewing machine needle going back and forwards just above my kneecap, it dies away sometimes for a day or two then starts up again. It's not bad enough to go to doc about , just another hiccup on the road to recovery. Actually since it started the knee has been getting stronger and doesn't hurt so much when I'm standing etc.
 
Wow. ThaSaran wrap idea sounds worth trying, Kerri B. Thanks
I would love to have heat but I asked OS during my follow up and he said wait for six weeks out.
 
The Saran Wrap trick has helped some, others not at all because every knee is different. But it might be worth a try.
 
Those zingers are the pits! I would be in a deep sleep and then all of a sudden a lightning bolt would go through my knee! Then, after it totally woke me up, it would be fine! I had named my knee The Brat, because it was!
 
I did try the wrap. Last night my knee was calm.
 
Fantastic! Yay for a good night's sleep!
 
Heel slides were very difficult for me when I had my right knee replaced. I just could not slide back. I finally tried holding my leg behind my thigh and letting gravity pull my leg down to discomfort not to pain. I would repeat this once or twice several times during the day. It worked for me.
Later as healing improved, I put on a one pound ankle weight to do this.
This time with my left knee ,for whatever reason ,heel slides were not as difficult.. but I still did my gravity thing. It is working this time also. I have great bend. I haven't used any weights yet but I will later on.
Maybe someone else can try the gravity bend.
 
Could you maybe post some photos of you doing this?
 
[Bonesmart.org] Deep knee bend
I can try. I lay on my back lift leg up ,have both hands on my thigh under the bend of my knee. I just relax and let gravity take it down to discomfort not hurt. Hold for a few seconds. As I was able to tolerate it more, I moved my hands down my thigh further away from my bent knee.
Now when I first started my bend was not bending even 90 degrees. Eventually your heel will go down as close as possible to your buttocks.
 
I did the same thing during my recovery while relaxing in bed. I didn't use any weight though.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom