TKR Deep knee bend

Diclofenac pot Is the anti inflammatory. It is the first time to take it I had taken it about 4:00. The info sheet listed itching as a side effect. I took the Tramadol about 9:30. Was itching in about a half hour and took Benadryl. Four hours later itching again.
Maybe it was both Tramadol and the new anti inflammatory both in my system. Who knows. -just part of the journey.
 
Tha could be it. Try taking the Tramadol alone and see what happens.
 
Love that your husband made a fire pit & you had breakfast outside. How fun!
I'm excited about getting out more. My bicycle is calling my name. Easy trips first.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Dragonfly. Outside is a very motivating goal. My bike needs a repair but walking outside is wonderful also. My husband is a sweetheart, retired from his career but still farming. As soon as he finishes planting, it's a camping trip for me.
I had no restless leg or other issue last night so I didn't need a Tramadol. When I do I'll most certainly take it WITH Benadryl.
The anti inflammatory has had no effect but making my knee feel better.
 
10 weeks. I go about my daily routines ride stationery bike or walk. Even been doing a little appliqué and painting for graduates gifts. I don't have to elevate toes to nose high every night but I do ice and elevate some each night.
I havent needed Tramadol but once for restless leg in a week but I did take it with a Benadryl and didn't have the itching.
Diclofenac potassium is so nice taking one pill twice a day rather than multiple Advil multiple times a day.
The swelling is much better. I don't swell enough to feel tightness or pain.
Wishing for every one progress.
 
What a wonderful report! It sounds like things are getting back to normal, of course, without that awful arthritis pain! You have learned what works for you.
 
My stairs are a bit higher than standard steps. Occasionally I will put my old knee down first to get my surgery knee an extra bend, never enough to cause pain. However Saturday I was at a place that had bleachers that also served as the steps. They were knee high 20 inches or more. The rail was on my right side and without thinking I proceeded down putting my old knee Leg first causing my 16 week surgery knee to deeply bend for three steps.
Now it is swollen. But my concern is right below the end of my scar is a swollen spot. It isn't hurting but I'm wondering if that bend could have damaged anything where the implant device is in the bone
 
I'd say almost no chance of that; this is the most common surgery, along with hips, in the world and is very reliable. If a simple bend would damage it, there'd be zillions of revisions and lawsuits. Wait a day or so, bet it goes away.
 
The rail was on my right side and without thinking I proceeded down putting my old knee Leg first causing my 16 week surgery knee to deeply bend for three steps.
Now it is swollen. But my concern is right below the end of my scar is a swollen spot. It isn't hurting but I'm wondering if that bend could have damaged anything where the implant device is in the bone
If you rest, ice and elevate your knee, things should settle down. It's not likely that you have done any damage to the implant - they are pretty sturdy and they are inserted firmly. It sounds more like a soft tissue issue to me.
 
Hi @tkrme
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your two other recovery threads. Please don't keep starting new threads.
For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. Don't worry that we won't see a new question. Between us, the staff read all new posts every day.

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on. It's a good idea to do that.
 
I bet you that's where extra swelling has accumulated. Just be sure to ice and elevate and you should be fine in a few days.
 
I am four months post op and have over bent my knee twice now. The first time was getting into the car too fast and the second time was just yesterday. I was going to sit on a picnic table bench and didn't realize how low it was and that I had my heels too close to the bench. I sure felt it but as with the "overbend", my knee actually feels even better now and has less tight band feeling over the top. Maybe this will end up being a good thing that happened to you after the swelling go down. :)
 
I agree that a few days of elevation and ice should solve the problem.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom