Guest viewing is limited

TKR Deep knee bend

@tkrme, Thanks! I still struggle with heel slides. I am going to try this tomorrow.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Haha love the tips. I am trying it right now! Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I didn't use weights for a long time. This time I don't think I will need to.
 
Also exercising bend this way does not produce instant results. It still takes time and patience. I do hope it helps you as it sure worked for me.
 
I do something similar called wall slide. Put both legs up on a wall and let gravity pull my leg down, it has really helped.
 
I think it's best not to use any weights, but to let gravity do the work for you. Weights should really not be used until at least 3 months after surgery.
 
Thanks for the photo. Now I understand what you are doing! I couldn't quite get the mental picture before....:heehee:
 
Celle is right. No weights until 3 months or later if you need more time.
 
begins my 9th week. Nothing unusual going on. Every week brings improvementand I'm thankful for that.
Not every evening but some evenings my surgery leg gets a little restless. I remember this happening with my RTKR and OS prescribed something. A follow up visit is tomorrow and I will mention it.
I hope all of you are seeing some progress.
 
Nine weeks! I'm glad you're seeing improvements every week!
 
Thanks KarriB. I appreciate all the encouragements you give to me and to everyone.
 
Those little improvements are what keep us going! I'm so glad you are seeing them every week!
 
Good report from OS today. He gave me a new prescription antiinflamatory for twice daily. He said it would help woth healing and decrease the time of swelling. I am unfamiliar with the name of it.
He also said I should still take Tramadol at night time and if needed during day.
 
So I took Tramadol last night and began itching all over. Took Benadryl and it helped. Woke up four hours later itching again.
 
I have. I have not taken any in several weeks.
 
Had you taken Benedryl before bed? I'm one of those that it causes itching and restless legs. If Benedryl helped the itching, just take it as often as needed.
 
I wonder why the Tramadol effected you like that...
 
Thanks. Yes I had taken a Benadryl before bed when I noticed the itching.
I don't know why. I think itching is a side effect. I am allergic to several pain meds. This might be beginning a new allergy.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom