Guest viewing is limited

TKR Deep knee bend

I had my OS visit. Well pleased with progress. Stop PT and do on my own.
Thursday I woke up with terrible back pain and naseau with the dry heaves. My hubby got me something for nausea and it soon calmed it enough we headed out to Dr. I knew it was UTI and it proved so. Shot for nausea and another antibiotic. Prescription for antibiotic, another for the symptoms of UTI, another for nausea. In bed the rest of day until evening when I ate a little soup
But today no pain feeling good other than a little weak.
Hoping everyone had a good day and will have a restful night
 
I'm so sorry about the UTI, but wonderful about the good report of the OS! Yippee, no more PT! Great! Now, just get that UTI out of you. Thank God they're easy to cure.
 
I'm so sorry for the UTI, but glad you are on top of it.
 
Thanks. Today I am back to normal. After breakfast, I took a shower, rode bike for 20 minutes, stretched, and now am icing and elevating. It's a beautiful day and a humming bird came to the feeder. My son and grands are coming this afternoon. God is good. Did I mention I slept late?
 
[Bonesmart.org] Deep knee bend
Today I went to church. It was all good. No swelling or stiffness. I still have some swelling but no extra from church attending.
 
Wow! That looks really good for less than a month out! My first Sunday back was a rough one. It's a half an hour trip both ways and we stayed for SS and church. On the way home, there had been a wreck and we had to go 20 minutes out to the way, adding that to the travel time. By the time I got home, I was in pain and exhausted big time! It was a nap time immediately! How are you feeling now that you've been home a few hours?
 
Sorry your first trip back was painful. I am feeling good.
 
First trip to Wal mart for some groceries. Husband with me. I was fine My knee is fine. I am sleepy! So I'll take a rest.
Wishing every one progress
 
You rode the scooter, didn't you? It's too early for you to be walking a huge store like Walmart.
 
I'm riding stationary bike for 25-30 minutes with no resistance then 1 resistance. Today I increased to 2 resistance.
Oh the Walmart trip I think I went down 3 aisles.
 
@KarriB
I have been reading your story. You are truly blessed to be where you are after all your set backs. Thankful you are better and give such good advice
 
I'm riding stationary bike for 25-30 minutes with no resistance then 1 resistance. Today I increased to 2 resistance.
It's too early to train, which is what this is. It won't help ROM and could cause more swelling. For mobility, this is the way to do it:


  • Set the bike to zero resistance
  1. Set the saddle low enough so that a single rotation is a challenge; difficult but not painful. When a rotation becomes easy right from the start, lower the saddle a max of 1cm.
  2. Gently turn the pedals.
  3. Continue until the knee is 'warmed up' and the rotation is now easy, or for 2 minutes, whichever is the shorter time.
  • Repeat several/many times a day
  • Do not pedal fast or for more than 2 minutes, this is a stretching exercise, not training.
Here is a bit more chat and some pix https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/rom-and-extension-stretches.13159/page-3#post-423701
 
Thanks Roy but not to worry. I did the rock back and forth for a while I pedal easily, no discomfort, no swelling. On my bike I felt no difference in 2 and 1. Believe me I will not be doing strength training yet. I have flat (0t backward) extension and good rom. There is still healing inside that knee before I strengthen.
 
@tkrme thank you for your kind words and taking the time to read my thread. It was a rough patch for sure, but I used it as a learning experience and feel I'm a better person for it. God is good and surely saw me through it. In an effort to be in better shape for m left TKR I'm walking 30 minutes and day and biking 8 miles. So far the left knee is holding up and my TKR feels even better than it did, much more like a natural knee.

If you experience pain tonight or tomorrow you'll know to go back to 0 reisistenace.
 
Today is a beautiful day here on the farm. My sweet husband knows how I love camping and having breakfast out by the campfire. This morning he did the next best thing. He made breakfast and a fire in our fire pit so we had breakfast outside.

My oS said I could put vitamin E cream on my incision and it has really helped Plus helps the dry skin I have on my shrinking still some bruised skin.
So thankful
 
Is your incision completely healed? If not, it's not a good idea to put anything on it until it is.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom