Decisions, decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
octopus
Hi Dear,
I was trying to figure out the date and time in Aucland, NZ. My smart phone says it is 11 hours ahead of Istanbul, which I assume is +13GMT.
This means it is already the 18th of Feb there and you probably have less than 24 hours for your op.
Lots of hugs from here and I wish you all the best.
The next day is my turn.
cheers
selin
 
Will be thinking of you tomorrow........good luck

Ann
 
Thanks Anniepops & sansabosa! Yes it's 3.16pm on the 18th now. This time tomorrow it will be all over. Although I'm a bit concerned, had my pre surgery blood test this morning and the nurse scratched my arm with the needle on the way out. This has never happened to me before and it would be today of all days! It's a very fine, little scratch & I'm hoping that it's not going to delay my surgery, as this was one thing that was stressed to me at pre-op. not a lot I can do about it, will just wait and see. I'm going to apply Aloe Vera every half hour or so for the rest of the day and hope it speeds up the healing.

Cheers! See you on the other side!
 
Hi designergirl & lovegardening, thanks for you good wishes. I have moments of nervousness, but have too much to do to dwell on it for long. Had a lovely massage with my best friend, who miraculously didn't have many appointments for the day (she's a midwife). But nurse scratched me with needle this morning, very frustrating, hope it has no effect on the operation tomorrow. See you on the other side shortly!

OH NO! since writing the above, I had a phone call from the hospital and surgery has been delayed!! :boohoo: it seems the specialist equipment that is required for my surgery has not yet arrived. Don't quite understand this, I've been on the list for 4 months!!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Decisions, decisions
Oh, octopus, I just hate this for you! All dressed up and no place to go---ready, ready, ready and suddenly a brick wall. Well, all I can suggest is that your rave and rant a bit, then settle down to wait some more.


Take care and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Decisions, decisions
 
Thanks bottomshollow! Much appreciated. I'm so pleased I found this site. Everyone is so supportive.
 
Oh octopus, I am so disappointed for you. Hoping that they can arrange a new date very soon. Stay strong.x
 
Oh Kiwi... How disappointing, I logged especially to wish you good luck.

Did they give you an idea when the equipment would arrive?

Hang in there, we will help you through this ... Hugs from across the ditch xx
 
I"m so sorry for this derailment! Try if you can to stay calm. I know that is easier said than done.
Fingers are crossed for you!
 
Thanks everyone, I'm hoping the surgeon will phone me tomorrow, well later today (it's 4am). I will hopefully know more then. I only spoke to an admin lady who was very sympathetic but didn't know much detail. I'm feeling remarkably relaxed and accepting about it. I'm just worried about work, or rather my annual leave. I have about 10 weeks including 4 weeks sick leave, but would rather not use it waiting around. But I don't now if I'll be able to go back as we have hired a temp. Will phone my boss once I know more. On the upside, I get to have another day off in this beautiful weather we are having.
 
Oh, what a shame! Now you know how Charlie Brown felt when Lucy moved the football. We get our courage just screwed to the sticking point in time for the surgery, so delays are a terrible letdown.
Hopefully the awaited equipment will arrive soon.
Good luck.
 
Noooooo! Diane, I really feel for you. This is extra hard but you are one strong octopus. Hope the delay is very short. Keep us posted. Vicki HD.
 
Thanks Vicki HD (Vida) & sissy46. Don't know what i would do without the care and support of everyone here. Today's plan is to make sure every last thing is ready & pack my bag for hospital and mums.
 
Oh no! I hope you get an answer soon. Such a big let down :( Phone them towards the end of the day, if they don't phone you. No need to be a pain, but the polite squeaky wheel....
 
Oh no, kiwi! I was just checking in to send you my best for tomorrow! Well the longest part of the wait is finally over and hopefully it won't be long before the equipment shows up. We want everything to go right for this!! I'll be holding my breath for you that it arrives soon and they fit you back in quickly!! Hugs!

:flwrysmile:
 
Oh no! I hope you get an answer soon. Such a big let down :( Phone them towards the end of the day, if they don't phone you. No need to be a pain, but the polite squeaky wheel....
Good idea, will do, thanks nerdgrrl
 
Diane, you need cheering up until the call comes...
broken link removed: https://gawker.com/5984348/two-minutes-of-nothing-but-goats-yelling-like-humans
 
Hi there octopus

I have just caught up with your story. I'm so sorry to hear that your op was cancelled, you had everything organised as well. :sigh:
I hope a new date is fixed soon.
I LOVE your journals..........They are fab! I like to think I'm pretty handy in the craft department but it never occurred to me to write a journal let alone make it as beautiful as yours. What a great idea. Have you always made journals? The only record I've got of this life changing experience is all stored on this BS forum. I've often said that I wish I'd written a journal for my LTHR , just so that I'd have something to compare this one to. It would certainly have helped alleviate any fears I had. My ops were 3yrs apart but there was so much I'd forgotten 2nd time around.
I, like you worried as to wether I was making the right decision but I figured the pain was never going to get better, only worse. We are the same age and at the end of the day it was all about quality of life for me. I didn't want to struggle 10yrs down the line and wish I'd made the decision to have it done it earlier.

I'll be thinking about you and hope a new date comes up soon.

Keep smiling.

Queenie xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom